Sl 2016 Challenge

LdyKamz

Oiling, massaging, vitamins (sometimes), modified max hydration method, and aloe vera juice are all changing my hair. I hope I make SL soon. Want to start trying new styles.

Aloe vera juice is something else. My hair loves this stuff. Why have I never tried it before?

Janet'

Thank you. Why'd you stay gone so long? Welcome back!!!

I'm still in the same place as when you left :perplexed:
I started a doctoral program while working full time at a high stress job, had emergency surgery due to the stress, got 1/3 through the program before I decided to stop completely...Life happened! But...I'm doing much better now and things have calmed down tremendously...so I'm back!

It's okay! I'm right back where I started when I first got active on here too! But I'm forever the optimist! We've got this!!!

faithVA

I started a doctoral program while working full time at a high stress job, had emergency surgery due to the stress, got 1/3 through the program before I decided to stop completely...Life happened! But...I'm doing much better now and things have calmed down tremendously...so I'm back!

It's okay! I'm right back where I started when I first got active on here too! But I'm forever the optimist! We've got this!!!
Wow. I'm glad you are better. Hope you are in a much better place and space now.

Janet'

Wow. I'm glad you are better. Hope you are in a much better place and space now.

I am!! Thanks You! :bighug:I didn't emotionally or mentally feel like I was stressed, but my body sure did...It always tells me-- so, I've learned to listen to my body more. And then, I got so into living that I stopped focusing on my hair...I got layers, colored, enjoyed it...right on back to shoulder length :nono:...

faithVA

Our check in is at the end of the month which is just a little over 15 days. Please consider updating us on where you are even if you aren't close to SL. Would love to see some pictures.

Even if you aren't close, quarterly pictures can be great to see progress or to even see a problem before it goes on too long.

faithVA

I finally washed my hair. I actually used shampoo and DC'd. My hair felt pretty good. I used the TVO Curl Max Cream and twisted it back up with the TVO Curl Gelee.

I did a test twist in the front which looked pretty good. So I want to do two strand twist some time soon. I just need to find the time to do them.

BGT

I need to join this challenge since I am currently at NL :lol: I'm going to make one of those measuring t -shirts. I will post pics and stats later.

Naturals, do you use stretched length or non-stretched length?

faithVA

I need to join this challenge since I am currently at NL :lol: I'm going to make one of those measuring t -shirts. I will post pics and stats later.

Welcome to the challenge.

I use stretched length. If we didn't use stretched length a lot of Naturals would be waist length stretched and SL unstretched so that wouldn't be useful.

Reactions: BGT

GGsKin

I just pull on some hair (as much as I used to dislike seeing this before I joined hairboards lol). I'll probably press/ straighten one of these years but no time soon.

jennifer30

I decided to leave this board for good. Focusing on my hair too much is driving me crazy and I no longer want to do that. Thank you guys for all your support. I'm getting over my hair growth if I never reach my goal that's ok..and I'm fine with it..:) thanks ...

GGsKin

I decided to leave this board for good. Focusing on my hair too much is driving me crazy and I no longer want to do that. Thank you guys for all your support. I'm getting over my hair growth if I never reach my goal that's ok..and I'm fine with it..:) thanks ...

It's a shame that you feel the need to leave but at least you are doing what is best for you.

faithVA

I have been slacking on my mid-week water rinses but I finally got it in tonight. I didn't take out my flat twist but they seem to be holding up. Not sure if I should seal them and if so with what :ohwell:

faithVA

Water rinsing in my flat twist worked out pretty well. I baggies for 30 minutes after and then air dried for a while. Before bed I smoothed them down with some oil and put on my bonnet.

They are a little frizzy but not too extreme. It will get me to wash day.

faithVA

I put in 2 strand twists tonight. I haven't worn them in months. They are starting to look better. But unfortunately my bang has the most shrinkage. My bang reaches almost to my chin but my twist don't even reach my eyebrow :perplexed: I have my bonnet on now. That just makes them shrink up more. Will see what my hair looks like tomorrow. Hope they don't look too crazy.

If I can get them to look presentable for a week, I would love to get back to wearing 2 strand twist for 2 weeks at a time. Next week I may try rinsing in them to see if they will last.

LdyKamz

I will be optimistic for you. I hope you do see some difference. Looking forward to seeing your results.
Thank you! I'll need all the positive vibes I can get. I'm so nervous about the trim. I want to cut enough so that I'm able to make progress but don't want to cut too much so that I lose all my progress. I took a photo at the end of last month after I straightened and to me my hair looked exactly the same if not a tiny bit shorter.

faithVA

Thank you! I'll need all the positive vibes I can get. I'm so nervous about the trim. I want to cut enough so that I'm able to make progress but don't want to cut too much so that I lose all my progress. I took a photo at the end of last month after I straightened and to me my hair looked exactly the same if not a tiny bit shorter.
Not sure how much you are thinking about trimming. Maybe start with a half inch and do a protein treatment. Then reasses in 6 weeks. That was the recommendation I got from Komaza when I had severe damage.

If you don't even need a half inch then that's great.

LdyKamz

Not sure how much you are thinking about trimming. Maybe start with a half inch and do a protein treatment. Then reasses in 6 weeks. That was the recommendation I got from Komaza when I had severe damage.

If you don't even need a half inch then that's great.
I shouldn't need that much. When I straightened last month I didn't need to cut anything. So hopefully just a 1/4 of an inch or less.