So am I the only one......

Jazzy413

that gets all excited after my relaxer stretch and it's time to slap the creamy crack in???!!!?? :lachen:I've never experienced this before when I was relaxing every 6 weeks or so. Now I find myself counting down the time and these last few days I have been antsy and almost - dare I say - nervous as my relaxer day is upon me!!! Am I crazy or is there this anticipation that comes with stretching?? :ohwell: Maybe I am being way too dramatic, but i feel like I cannot wait to see what length I have gained and of course to run my fingers thru my hair....LOL. Tell me I am not one fry short of a happy meal guys!!!!!

KAT25

No u are not alone!!! I am the same way... I try and measure my new growth and estimate how much more length I will have.. yah! I know crazy!!! hahahaha

Jazzy413

I can't wait to go home and slap it on!! It seems like this took forever and a day to get here!!!!! I am just excited to see some growth -- it's hard for me to tell how much I have now because of shrinkage and new growth, so seeing my hair lay flatter and hang without stretching will be a joy!!! I feel like such hair nerd....:lachen:

ajoyfuljoy

I am 13 weeks post and I've been agonizing (literally) over the decision to be a relaxed/natural head. But I decided for now that I will relax...on Saturday. And yes I am excited!!!

It~Can~Grow

Are you kidding. This was my first stretch and I stretched to 14 wks. Weeks sounds like such a short amount of time, but it is NOT.

By week two I felt like I had someone else's head on my shoulders. Mainly because I couldn't get through to my scalp, was on lo mani styles so I wasn't really touching my hair all that often and lastly (as quoted by Sareca) I just never felt 'air' on my scalp so I felt like it wasn't even there.

My ng had gotten so outta control that my buns just looked a mess. I had so many bumps, stray hairs, coils and what not peaking through that I'm sure my colleagues thought I had started 'using' and personal care was no longer a priority :blush:.

YES I know what you mean. This go round I'm only going for 12 weeks. 14 weeks pushed me dangerously close to insanity :drunk:

Dposh167

truthfully, i'm not excited to get mine.:perplexed IDK why tho? I've had a SUPER EASY 16 week stretch that i'm bout to put to an end this sat. my goal was 20, but my edges are ruining my hairstyles

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
YES!!!! A few days after I do my relaxer, I start counting the days and getting reeeaaally impatient cause I wanna hurry up and relax again! I love stretching and seeing the results, it's so exciting!

I have 8 more weeks to go and I CAN'T WAIT! I'm trying to decide between a Dominican relaxer from roundbrushair or the Syntonics relaxer.... Decisions, decisions :grin:

MissLawyerLady

No you're not alone.:nono: I used to relax every 5 weeks and since late last year I've been stretching to 8 weeks- some folks wouldn't call that "stretching" but hey it is stretching to me. I can't wait to get my relaxers done either. I start getting excited a week ahead.:lachen:

Lady Esquire

YES!!!! A few days after I do my relaxer, I start counting the days and getting reeeaaally impatient cause I wanna hurry up and relax again! I love stretching and seeing the results, it's so exciting!

I have 8 more weeks to go and I CAN'T WAIT! I'm trying to decide between a Dominican relaxer from roundbrushair or the Syntonics relaxer.... Decisions, decisions :grin:

Off topic: Whichever one you choose, update us here on the board. I am interested in how a Dominican relaxer differs. And I have never heard of Syntonics.

OP, you are not alone. I get a kick at watching my new growth come in. I like to feel it. The waves, the thickness, and poofiness...I feel like I am learning more and more about my textures with each stretch. I have done 12 wks, 14, 16, and even 24 weeks (6months).

I am on week 12 and I have decided to keep going. I have yet to set a date yet. I am playing it by ear, which is a first for me. But this is my first successful stretch, meaning no major issues, breakage, matting, etc...

But when that day comes: RELAXER DAY...I am like a kid waiting for Xmas morning. I just cannot wait for the results to see how much length I've retained. :grin:

Last edited:

septemberbaby

Off topic: Whichever one you choose, update us here on the board. I am interested in how a Dominican relaxer differs. And I have never heard of Syntonics.

OP, you are not alone. I get a kick at watching my new growth come in. I like to feel it. The waves, the thickness, and poofiness...I feel like I am learning more and more about my textures with each stretch. I have done 12 wks, 14, 16, and even 24 weeks (6months).

I am on week 12 and I have decided to keep going. I have yet to set a date yet. I am playing it by ear, which is a first for me. But this is my first successful stretch, meaning no major issues, breakage, matting, etc...

But when that day comes: RELAXER DAY...I am like a kid waiting for Xmas morning. I just cannot wait for the results to see how much length I've retained. :grin:

I always look forward to your hair update photos! Your hair is doing so well. :yep:

ETA: I also countdown to my next relaxer. My last stretch was 16 weeks. That was a blessing in disguise. I may not be able to make it that long again but I'm going to try!

Last edited:

Christa438

I always get anxious and excited too. I can't wait to see my hair when I perm at the end of April. That will be 16 weeks and Im so proud. I recently had a strong urge to relax now but I know I need to wait and stick with the plan. I would only be doing it out of curiosity if I relaxed early and not caus I had to: everything has been so smooth--no problems. :yawn: It seems that Relaxer Day after a good stretch is like Christmas. We are so happy to see what we got. We always want to unwrap the gift or take a peak early. :rolleyes:

Jazzy413

I have been itching to relax the last 3 weeks because as someone else mentioned, my NG was starting to take over and I had coils and poofs and just random hair sticking out when I bunned. I look crazy today but I did not even sweat it when I thre my sloppy bun in because I knew that once I got home I would get my fix!!! I am actually shutting my laptop down in 5 minutes, picking up the kid, then headed home to do my thang! I hope to have some nice growth to show off and update the site with!!! I am aiming for APL by the end of March so we shall see!!! :yep:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

no you're not alone. I used to relax every 4-5 weeks (i know, I suck :wallbash:) this is my first time ever stretching and now I'm on week 8 and I can't wait to relax on April 16 (12 weeks!) and see some new growth...:grin:

daniemoy

My first stretch was sooo exciting and each on after gets even more exciting. This will be my third 10-12 week stretch. I just got ovation in the mail, so I know I will be even more anxious.

Lady Esquire

I always look forward to your hair update photos! Your hair is doing so well. :yep:

Awww, thanks Shakira. Fotki is such a great tool to keep track of my hits and misses. I wish I would have started it back when I had a twa.

It seems that Relaxer Day after a good stretch is like Christmas. We are so happy to see what we got. We always want to unwrap the gift or take a peak early. :rolleyes:

Exactly. If I relaxed now at 12 wks, it would not be because of breakage or anything, but because of my overwhelming curiosity. :yep:

marla

No you're not alone.:nono: I used to relax every 5 weeks and since late last year I've been stretching to 8 weeks- some folks wouldn't call that "stretching" but hey it is stretching to me. I can't wait to get my relaxers done either. I start getting excited a week ahead.:lachen:

Same here. I too go until 8 weeks, but I use to go 6 weeks. Now that I know how to take care of my hair thanks to all of the wonderful ladies here, I am considering going to 10 weeks. Thanks again!

charmtreese

OMG...Im the same way!!!!! My touch-up is tomorrow and I cant wait. This time I only stretched for 13 weeks, but I still can't wait. Tomorrow will be like christmas.:grin::grin:

DreaE

im only posting this to see my siggy and see how many days i have left:grin::drunk:
you're not at all alone!!

Aggie

Girl, you are not alone. I am 14 weeks post relaxer and I have braids in to stop me from relaxing it before the end of my 7 month stretch. I get a lot like a little child that just got a new present and can't wait to open it up:grin:. OMGoodness, now you just got me all excited about my next relaxer:drunk:.

song_of_serenity

No! I get so excited when I know I've been stretching and see all that newgrowth. *sigh* I can't wait to get in the mirror to watch her roller set it and see if the color/size of the curlers went up. lol

Then I go home, comb the wrap out and do a mirror in front/behind length check. :lachen:
~*Janelle~*