Am I the Only One? Myhoneychild Product Review

Nice

Ladies I need to know I am crazy. I purchased the Honey Hair Mask, the Type 4 Cream, and the Herbal Cocktail.

I tried the Herbal Cocktail: It was good when used in conjunction with my creamy leave-in on wash day.

The Type 4 Cream: Very drying :( . Which makes no sense to me because it has alot of wonderful ingredients. My hair would have been off Iif didn't use it. My hair was soooo dry. I really wanted to like this product. I had to put in some ORS Carrot Oil and Keracare Condtioning Creme and Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir to soften my hair out :eek: . I am afraid of this cream now (right up there with pink oil to me).

Now to the Honey Hair Mask- I am afraid to try it now after this disaster with the Type 4 Cream.

Please someone....tell me I am crazy!!!!

Nice

bocagirl said:
Noooooooooooooooo but I really want it. You should try it again and see though if it's still the same.

Girl...be careful for what you wish for :look: . TRUST ME!!!

Tai

I have the type 3 cremé and I don't have that problem. Maybe there's a butter or eo in the type 4 cremé that your hair just doesn't like. Email Krika and see if she has some recommendation for you or if she'd be willing to exchange it for a different product. The type 4 cremé is supposed to be 100% moisture so it shouldn't leave your hair hard.

hopeful

Hi Nice,
I absolutely love some of the MyHoneyChild products and don't care for some.

Love: Sweet Almond Hair Milk, Coconut Hair Milk, Sophia's Coconut Hair jel

Don't Care for: Type 3/4 creme, Herbal Cocktail or the honey hair mask. These products didn't dry my hair out but they just didn't seem to do anything special.

So, no, you are not crazy. I felt the same way about the herbal cocktail, great ingredients, some people love it but, it did nothing for me so I threw it away, now I wish I had tried like you and mixed it with something else--oh well.

Tai

Hopeful, you threw away the Herbal Hair Cocktail? :spank: I would have graciously taken it off of your hands. :grin:

hopeful

Tai,
I know, I know. I almost didn't add that piece of info because I knew one of you guys would think I was crazy. But I was cleaning out my inaffective products and it just had to go! Sorrrrrry! :lol:

Tai

You threw away more than that, Hopeful?? :spank: Bad Hopeful. You know w/ all the PJ's on this board that someone here loves what you don't like.

hopeful

Tai said:
You threw away more than that, Hopeful?? :spank: Bad Hopeful. You know w/ all the PJ's on this board that someone here loves what you don't like.
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Stop making me laugh!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

About the milk products made by Krika- can someone compare them to the CD hair milk?

alibi

hair bored
Yeah hopeful, I'm cosigning w/ everyone else! :spank: I mean, I wanted to throw it away, but I didn't! :look:

Anyway Nice, you're not the only one who some of her products didn't work for. I'm still trying to sell my Herbal hair Cocktail and the Type 2 creme. :grin: But she does have some nice ingredients, I just don't have the extra $$$ right now to see which ones work for me.

hopeful

Bublnbrnsuga said:
About the milk products made by Krika- can someone compare them to the CD hair milk?

If I had to choose, I'd pick the CD hair milk--I love the CD hair milk. Krika's hair milk is of a much thinner consistency, really looks like milk. CD hair milk is thicker and creamier and I don't think I could live without it. All in all, I like them both though!

PS: Ayanapooh, I can't take anymore spankings today. I think it's time I got off this computer and got some work done...gotta go :driver:

Last edited:

Nice

ayanapooh said:
Yeah hopeful, I'm cosigning w/ everyone else! :spank: I mean, I wanted to throw it away, but I didn't! :look:

Anyway Nice, you're not the only one who some of her products didn't work for. I'm still trying to sell my Herbal hair Cocktail and the Type 2 creme. :grin: But she does have some nice ingredients, I just don't have the extra $$$ right now to see which ones work for me.

It's nice to know that I am not the only one. But I just don't get it....the ingredients are great :ohwell: . I am not wasting anymore money on this line.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
What did you order Phoney?? I'm ordering in the next couple of days..I CAN'T WAIT!! Then I'm hitting up CurlMart..:lol: :lol: I'm so excited..you don't even know...:grin: :lol:

SilkyandSmooth

Bublnbrnsuga said:

I use the Sweet Almond Hair Milk, which I love and I prefer it over CD's hair milk. CD's hair milk is too heavy and greasy for my tastes. Plus, I hated the smell of it.

PhonyBaloney500

RushGirl said:
What did you order Phoney?? I'm ordering in the next couple of days..I CAN'T WAIT!! Then I'm hitting up CurlMart..:lol: :lol: I'm so excited..you don't even know...:grin: :lol:

Hey girl!
I ordered the Type 4 creame, Herbal Hair coctail, and Honey Hair Mask (yippee for the sale!). What are you getting at Curl Mart? I am thinking of stocking up on some Jessicurl stuff and maybe Oyin's greg juice as well! :) When is that sale over again lol?

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
PhonyBaloney500 said:
Hey girl!
I ordered the Type 4 creame, Herbal Hair coctail, and Honey Hair Mask (yippee for the sale!). What are you getting at Curl Mart? I am thinking of stocking up on some Jessicurl stuff and maybe Oyin's greg juice as well! :) When is that sale over again lol?

Sounds good! I think I'm gonna get the Honey Hair Mask as well.. I'm not sure.. I'll let you know..:lol: What a question..what am I getting at CurlMart..:lol: 2 Greg Juice's, a couple of satin pillowcases, CHS Curl Keeper..the big one, CHS Silk Leave in Conditioner, DevaCurl No Poo(big size), DevaCurl Low Poo(big size), Elucence MB Conditioner(liter), Jessicurl TooShea..not sure what else.. maybe Gelebration..what do you like? Maybe the Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt, and I just tried Curls Essential Element, Revival and the Enhancer..I like them alot.. but I'm not sure if I should get that or not.. but for 25% off.. ya neva know..:lol: Well, I think that's it...:lol:

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Xcellence2 said:
What goodies does Curl Mart have?

Almost EVERYTHING...it's like a one stop shop.. they have Jessicurl, Oyin, Ojon, Elucence, Curly Hair Solutions, Curl Friends, Curlisto.. well, here

Gift baskets
Curlicious Extras
Curly Kids
African Shea Butter Company
AG Hair Cosmetics
Back to Nature
Batia & Aleeza
CurlFriends
Curlisto
Curls
Curly Hair Solutions
DevaCurl
Elucence
Giacomo Forbes Organic Miracles
Greenridge Herbals
Jessicurl
Philip Pelusi Phyto-Life
PhytoSpecific
Tai-Texture
The Jane Carter Solution
Official NaturallyCurly.com gear
Ojon
Oyin Handmade
Vintage NaturallyCurly.com gear

Gotta luv that..:lol: ETA: I think the coupon is only good till March 8th.. So GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOP!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

PhonyBaloney500

RushGirl said:
Sounds good! I think I'm gonna get the Honey Hair Mask as well.. I'm not sure.. I'll let you know..:lol: What a question..what am I getting at CurlMart..:lol: 2 Greg Juice's, a couple of satin pillowcases, CHS Curl Keeper..the big one, CHS Silk Leave in Conditioner, DevaCurl No Poo(big size), DevaCurl Low Poo(big size), Elucence MB Conditioner(liter), Jessicurl TooShea..not sure what else.. maybe Gelebration..what do you like? Maybe the Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt, and I just tried Curls Essential Element, Revival and the Enhancer..I like them alot.. but I'm not sure if I should get that or not.. but for 25% off.. ya neva know..:lol: Well, I think that's it...:lol:

Dannng is that all? ;) Seriously have you tried any of these or are they new? The Greg Juice is good stuff! I wish there were more Oyin products on the site! Oh well. I've also HEARD good things about the Grand Poo bar.

Hmmm I have one satin pillowcase from tenderheaded.com and it feels like crap--can't sleep on that. Maybe I should try theirs....

Anyway from Jessicurl I like Too Shea, Rockin Ringlets, and Confident Coils. I like the cleanser too but I swear my scalp is flaky now and I don't know if it has to do with that or what? PMaybe I had it all this time and just never noticed. ;) Or maybe it's something else? :confused: I got some Aveda stuff and it seems to be helping...Anyway, the Gelebration spray I got as a free sample (free samples with all orders on the jessicurl site). I use it when I do my wash and go to get at the edges...as the bottle says it's pretty much Rockin Ringlets in a spray bottle so I don't know that you need to order it...it's good stuff though but not 100% necessary unless you REALLY hate smoothing your curl/gel product on your edges/side of your hair without a spray....

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Yah, I've tried the Oyin stuff.. it's damn good!!! I wish they had more Oyin stuff too...I hear her lip stain or some lip stuff is really good..

I'll prolly get the Gelebration for sure.. I have fine hair and I like sprays better.. sometimes I can be heavy handed..I have the Confident Coils..I like that alot too.. I wanted to try the HCC..but I'm getting DevaCurl No and Low Poo..so there isn't a need for the HCC too..

Did you get your order from Asha yet?? If so, fill me in..:lol:

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
PhonyBaloney500 said:
Oh yeah Rush--any protein conditioners that you know of on curl mart?

(ending the thread hijack!)

That's a good question..I don't know.. I could post a question on NC if you like.. let me know.. what's in Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment?? I think CHS has a silk protein conditioner.. not sure what else though...:perplexed

PhonyBaloney500

RushGirl said:
Yah, I've tried the Oyin stuff.. it's damn good!!! I wish they had more Oyin stuff too...I hear her lip stain or some lip stuff is really good..

I'll prolly get the Gelebration for sure.. I have fine hair and I like sprays better.. sometimes I can be heavy handed..I have the Confident Coils..I like that alot too.. I wanted to try the HCC..but I'm getting DevaCurl No and Low Poo..so there isn't a need for the HCC too..

Did you get your order from Asha yet?? If so, fill me in..:lol:

Yes the Oyin honeysticks are great! :)

Sounds good re Gelebration. See my post above with question about protein conditionrs on that site! :)

Oh no Asha's--she sent me an email saying it would ship Friday because I guess she was overwhelmed with orders from the shipping sale. But I'm going to get a new free bath doo dad (bath bomb or something like that) for my troubles! :)

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Yah, the honeysticks!!!

Hey, a free doo dad is cool!! I wish I hadn't of missed the sale..oh well, what did you get? I want that Cocoa de Leche for sure.. maybe some oils..not sure..

PhonyBaloney500

Coco De Leche, Mane Attraction, Heavenly Hair pudding, and Sun Kissed pomade just for kicks!

After this week I have officially tried all the natural sites I've wanted to try (honeychild, asha's, oyin) lol! The PJ'ism can now safely end!