So I did the BC!!

LovePatti

I meant how long was your hair: apl, bsl, mbl, etc?

hmm not sure, the last time I wore it straight was in November and it was BSL, but ever since then I was just doing mini trims, so I'm thinking between APL and BSL.

thank you to everyone else!

LovePatti

Congrats on the big chop. I must say, your top looks a lot longer than the back n sides. Once you introduce your mom to all the new styles you will have, she will begin to enjoy your hair also. Your hair looks so moist in the 2nd & 3rd pics, what is your DC regimen?

yeah I still had some straight pieces in the front that I got, but I think its because the back of my hair is a complete different texture from the front, its really coily in the back and the front is just straight. My mom noticed the difference too, But nevertheless I love it and will work around it somehow. She saw me doing twists last night and was asking me questions so I explained to her why I decided to cut. She immediately thought I was going to get dreads because my cousin has it and so does one of my friends but I told her no, I just wanted the relaxer out and my hair will grow back. She cut her hair last summer into one of those bob styles and her hair is still the same length but she doesn't take care of it and I keep telling her to stop relaxing but guess that will never change.

Recently I was DCing every two weeks because I'm so busy, but I usually do it every week and I use Giovanni Deep Moisture. It depends how I am feeling that day in terms of how long I keep it in.

Bajanmum

I love that your ticker shows "1 day since you Big Chop"...that's so cute. Before long it will say 1 year 1 day, then 2 years, then 10...

I'd love to see a pic of your twists, BTW.

Bnster

You look good. It so suits you, especially when you have it out. Thanks for the twist pic and congratulations to your BC!

Shadiyah

congrats to your all natural hair. i see you got the Taren shape lol. just keep conditioning your hair every day you will see those curls pop in no time. leave the conditioner in your hair and scrunch and scrunch your hair to the scalp to start the form of your curls.

I hope this helps.