So I tried the CWC method........

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I decided to try the CWC (condition-wash-condition) method to wash my hair, since shampoo is so stripping and drying. Here's what I did:

I didn't have any poo of my own, so I used my dd's Burt's Bees baby shampoo. I wet my hair and lathered up, and was shocked at how stripping it was. I figured baby shampoo wouldn't be too bad, but damn, it was like a freakin clarifying poo!

Anyway, I worked the shampoo in for about 30 seconds, and before I rinsed the suds out of my my head, I doused my hair in Suave Humectant conditioner. I used this con because it's not too good and not too bad on my hair, and I need to use it up. I figured it would do the job with the first conditioning. So I massaged the Suave into my hair and my hair softened right up, it was like I didn't even have shampoo on my head! I massaged the Suave in for about 30 seconds and then rinsed the shampoo and conditioner out. My hair felt pretty darn good! Soft, moisturized, good amount of slip

But then it was time for the final conditioner, and I used Sunsilk's Straighten Up conditioner. I love this one because it gives me sooooo much slip and moisture. I massaged that in for a few seconds and finished up with my shower. When I was done taking my shower, I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair and it felt amazing! Soooooo soft! When I got out of the shower, I looked at my hair in the mirror and it looked so shiny and pretty. I hardly have any newgrowth, but my little curls POPPED and looked so cute! It also made my hair, especially my ng look much, much thicker.

When I applied my leave in, oh, it was heaven. And when I combed my hair, I only had 3 hairs in the comb! I was amazed.

Sorry this is so long, but I just HAD to share this with everyone. I'm never going to wash the old way again!! I recommend CWC to EVERYONE!

tiffers

So you put the conditioner on top of the shampoo while the poo was still in your hair?

Yep :yep:

You shampoo your hair like normal, and before you wash it out, put conditioner on top of it and work the conditioner in. Rinse that out and put plain conditioner on your hair, and then rinse it out.

It's so fantastic. My hair looks and feels great! :grin:

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
wow this is interesting I actuallt thought CWC meant Condition then shampoo the condition again at the end. I will definately try your method now.

tiffers

wow this is interesting I actuallt thought CWC meant Condition then shampoo the condition again at the end. I will definately try your method now.

Please do :grin:

When you do, let me know how it turns out!

Artemis

Um, yeah. You are to apply conditioner to your wet hair (the length) right before applying the shampoo to the scalp and roots. It's there to buffer the shampoo from drying out the ends when it's time to rinse...:look:

Glad your version works for you though :up:

tiffers

Um, yeah. You are to apply conditioner to your wet hair (the length) right before applying the shampoo to the scalp and roots. It's there to buffer the shampoo from drying out the ends when it's time to rinse...:look:

Glad your version works for you though :up:

Girl, you and gym are the ones who posted the link from LHC! :lol:

I got it from the ''Read this before you buy anything else'' thread

I'm gonna try this one, too. Sounds like it'll be great. Have you tried it?

lilamae

hi tiffers! this is pretty cool. I will try it next time. So far i've pre poo'd shampoo'd, then conditioned. but i wanna try your method:yep: and see how it works.

tiffers

hi tiffers! this is pretty cool. I will try it next time. So far i've pre poo'd shampoo'd, then conditioned. but i wanna try your method:yep: and see how it works.

Let me know how you like it! This has me so excited, I want everyone to know about it :D

gymfreak336

How do you CWC, gym? Does it give you good results?

You wet hair
Coat it in conditioner, concentrating on your ends
Apply shampoo to scalp, lather and pull suds through your ends
Rinse and follow with your usual conditioner

I use Joico Kpak hydrator on my wet hair, used elasta qp scalp stimulating shampoo on my scalp and then deep conditioned with Kenra MC

Artemis

Girl, you and gym are the ones who posted the link from LHC! :lol:

I got it from the ''Read this before you buy anything else'' thread

I'm gonna try this one, too. Sounds like it'll be great. Have you tried it?

I CWC all the time. I think your version would be considered a variation, however. Condition/wash/condition means the conditioner comes first but to each her own. There is also another method called C-COW-C, in which shampoo is cut with conditioner, but that's another thread...Also, I do not consider this to be the same as a pre-poo, as I've said in a previous post on this topic. But everything is open to its own interpretation I guess.

As long as it works for ya, I'm cool :cool:

ETA: Pulling the suds to the ends isn't necessary IMO, since you want to protect the ends from the sulfates of the shampoo, but since you have conditioner on there, it's ok. Every few washes, you can clarify if you feel like your entire length needs cleansing. But the point of this method is to build up a positive coating of conditioning properties on the most vulnerable portion of the hair.

Last edited:

tiffers

I CWC all the time. I think your version would be considered a variation, however. Condition/wash/condition means the conditioner comes first but to each her own. There is also another method called C-COW-C, in which shampoo is cut with conditioner, but that's another thread...Also, I do not consider this to be the same as a pre-poo, as I've said in a previous post on this topic. But everything is open to its own interpretation I guess.

As long as it works for ya, I'm cool :cool:

Oh, okay. I just read ya'lls thread and thought that that LHC post was what CWC'ing is :perplexed:

I guess it WOULD make sense to put conditioner on before the shampoo, since it's called condition-wash-condition. Thanks for crushing my dreams, Artemis! :cry3:

:lachen:

I'll have to look up that C-COW-C, see what that's all about :yep:

Do you ever CWC or C-COW-C?

poookie

oooh, i do this when i clarify! (kind of)

i'll prepoo for a couple of hours, rinse it out, shampoo a little bit, and before rinsing out the shampoo, i put in conditioner! it leaves my hair pretty soft.

nappity

My hair just refuses to accept a shampoo! not under any circumstances. I'm glad it worked for you though!!!:grin: