So You Flat Ironed Your Hair...

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
but you didnt take your time and get it as straight as you needed to and its already reverting. :rolleyes: Do you...

A. Salvage the work you already put in by blow drying and re-flat iron hair again for sleeker results (using only heat protectant and no other product to avoid product build up on clean hair and heat damage)
B. Start over from scratch and re-wash, condition, etc. to get a sleeker result
C. Leave it to the professionals and book an appt with your stylist
D. Just embrace your coils and kinks and say to hell with it

SN: I bought some KRS Hair Group Kinky Coarse clip ins, so my hair doesnt need to be bone straight but i feel like my hair is overpowering my clip ins.:cry3:

Evolving78

I would start over.
I would make sure I did a hydration treatment (deep condition)
And blow dry wet hair, not just damp.
I would dust my ends too.

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
I would start over.
I would make sure I did a hydration treatment (deep condition)
And blow dry wet hair, not just damp.
I would dust my ends too.

Idk if I have it in me!!:cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3:*le sigh* Not what I wanted to hear, but I know of all the options sans getting it professionally done, its prolly the option that will give me the best results. Any recs on hydrating deep cons?

Evolving78

Idk if I have it in me!!:cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3:*le sigh* Not what I wanted to hear, but I know of all the options sans getting it professionally done, its prolly the option that will give me the best results. Any recs on hydrating deep cons?
I'm looking into conditioners myself!
I think we do too much when it comes to heat styling, hence not getting the results we want.
When you go to a stylist,
They clarify your hair first
Then they use a moisturizing shampoo
They figure out what type of conditioner treatment will be best.
But the hair needs a good balance of moisture and protein.
They detangle the hair well
They use a leave in that has a heat protectant in it. Not two different products
Most will blow dry while the hair is wet (not towel dried) but not dripping soaking wet.
They may add a silicone product before flat ironing
They may use the comb chase method
If the ends are super frizzy and rough, you need a trim
They use more heat than you would, but not enough to burn your hair. But high heat is needed. 350-415 degrees.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Salvage it with a braid-out or something. The new set always comes out sleek enough (note: which isn't bone straight for me) to wear out.

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
Thanks for the suggestions guys!!

I curled my hair and put in flexi rods last night, so I may keep this look going for the next couple days.

I love the idea of a braidout for this wknd though, cuz I know my current style will have expired by the Friday, especially since there is rain in the forecast.

@shortdub78 Lemme know when u find a good DC!

Dposh167

I'll just re flat iron. That's what I usually do. I don't use heat often so I'm not scared to flat iron again in the same week. I usually don't need as high of a setting as the first time though. But I certainly wouldn't be starting oved