SO1913 Fall Updates!!! (Pics)

so1913

Hey ladies,

It's already time to get my hair shaped, and I never posted her updates from the last time I did as I promised I would. Things have been very busy for me, but in a good way. My hair is doing well...it's actually growing out nicely and is probably the longest its been in a while. Dickey didn't cut much off at all my last visit 3 months ago, just enough to layer it in the crown and front, still holding on to some length.

I've also been using Wen exclusively for the past few months and my hair is responding positively to it. I'm using Fig along with the Fig Wen Oil and Fantasia IC Olive Oil Gel or Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel to style. I don't wear my hair out as much, thus not diffusing and blow drying as often. Mostly wearing it slicked back in a low ponytail and I keep it going.

I go for my next trim/shape next week and will probably get it styled straight. I will be sure to post TIMELY photos lol.

All in all, the urge to chop all my hair off has ceased and I'm looking forward to continuing my grow out. I will re-open my album, just not sure when, but for now I've posted a few pics in this thread. Excuse the fuzzy quality of some, I haven't used the camera in a while and the lens was a little dusty/dirty. Didn't figure out till late that was the problem lol.

To all struggling on the natural hair journey, hang in there! It took me a couple of years to get the hang of it...I'm still not too versatile in creative styling lol, but I stuck through the frustrations and trial and error and have figured what works for my hair.

alshepp635

Your hair is beautiful. Pictures like yours inspire me to go natural. Congratulations on your natural hair journey.

Ms Lala

The shape and length of your hair really suits you. I say if ain't broke no need to fix, I don't see why you need to get super creative with styling. Your style is working for you and it looks great. If my hair would hang like that I'd rock it.

so1913

Thanks everyone :)

Someone asked if it was a braidout, no it's just washed and styled with Fantasia IC gel and diffused dry.

Yes, my hair texture is "unique"...it ranges from waves up top to coils in the back and sides...it's quite confused lol. The way my hair is cut helps me manage and style easier with the various textures all over.

Nice & Wavy

Always loved your hair, but its looking so beautiful right now! Also, I can't keep my eyes off of your makeup....flawless!

What eyeshadow are you using? Sorry to go off track:look::grin:

Hey ladies,

It's already time to get my hair shaped, and I never posted her updates from the last time I did as I promised I would. Things have been very busy for me, but in a good way. My hair is doing well...it's actually growing out nicely and is probably the longest its been in a while. Dickey didn't cut much off at all my last visit 3 months ago, just enough to layer it in the crown and front, still holding on to some length.

I've also been using Wen exclusively for the past few months and my hair is responding positively to it. I'm using Fig along with the Fig Wen Oil and Fantasia IC Olive Oil Gel or Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel to style. I don't wear my hair out as much, thus not diffusing and blow drying as often. Mostly wearing it slicked back in a low ponytail and I keep it going.

I go for my next trim/shape next week and will probably get it styled straight. I will be sure to post TIMELY photos lol.

All in all, the urge to chop all my hair off has ceased and I'm looking forward to continuing my grow out. I will re-open my album, just not sure when, but for now I've posted a few pics in this thread. Excuse the fuzzy quality of some, I haven't used the camera in a while and the lens was a little dusty/dirty. Didn't figure out till late that was the problem lol.

To all struggling on the natural hair journey, hang in there! It took me a couple of years to get the hang of it...I'm still not too versatile in creative styling lol, but I stuck through the frustrations and trial and error and have figured what works for my hair.