Somebody STOP ME!! I'm about to cut it ALL off!!

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
I am having a moment! I have had sisterlocks for 1 yr. 5 mos. now. I have spent lots of time and money in them, but I'm getting frustrated. My hair grows soooo fast, that I look like I need a retightening after only 2 weeks! Plus, I cut them short, so I'm in that hair up to your ears phase (I'm used to having bra-strap to mid back hair) and I just wanna cut em off and get some micros...PLUS I have to drive 1 hour to get to the nearest consultant to retighten, so i cant just drop in any time. I like for my hair to be "fresh" at all times...so today, I'm just frustrated. I love my sisterlocks, but.....:(

It's one day at a time. Don't cut today. If tomorrow you still want to cut go ahead, but you probably won't....remember....one day @ a time!

time out! you've had them in for over a year, so that's a sign that you really do enjoy having your sisterlocks in. wear a hat or die a scarf around the house so that you dont have to see your hair for a minute.

Have you considered learning to re-twist yourself? im sure there are vids out on youtube

I went to the retightening class, but I can't make it look quite like the consultant can tada...:(

I agree with learning how to tighten them yourself. If you cut them off it'll be like all the time and money you've spent on them was for nothing.
And if you must cut, don't get micros, they take a lot of maintenance and money as well, especially if you like your edges.

What's up with everyone wanting to chop their hair off today? LOL

I agree that maybe you should just keep practicing on the retightening. Maybe get on youtube or go to some sisterloc sites where you can get some different techniques?

Don't cut them off. Like another poster said look at youtube videos on have to retighten the sisterlocks. Give yourself some time to learn how to do them. Before you know it you will be good at it and will not have to go to someone else. If I can teach myself how to braid singles and french braid you can learn to retighten your sisterlocks. If that does not work wear a hat, headband, or some hair accessories to help you through this difficult time.

Wow, it sounds like maintaining the sisterlocks is a pain, since you live so far away from the stylist/loctitian. Maybe another hairstyle would suit you better, but today is not the day for action. Maybe today can be the day for research on: how to self-tighten the sisterlocks, how to take them down, or other styles you may want to pursue.

What's up with everyone wanting to chop their hair off today? LOL

Me too I feel like cutting off my hair...
:lachen::lachen:
Naw, just playin'!

since you haven't mastered the retightening yet, can you put the front in some flat twists or a few rows of cornrows when they start looking untidy? That should gain you at least another week before you have to go to get them retightened.

Thanks for the support ladies! I retightened a few of my locks in the front and my hair looks much better today! I think I need to just keep practicing on my hair and it will be fine. It is growing soo fast and looks great (when its retightened! :)). So I will just try to be patient with it! Pics soon!!

Back