Spermidine and Hair growth. Yes you've read that right. scientific research inside:

NaturalPath

There is an earlier thread floating around questioning would people use sperm for growth, many replied No. Oh I believe many will now seeing as how I have found scientific evidence that this may actually work. Before you ask.... No I have not tried this & I am 80% sure I will not try this in the future. :look:

However to those who are willing to do anything for increased hair growth, please give this a try and within a few months DO come back and show us your results. :lol:

For reference:

Research article from July 2011: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3144892/

Spermidine Promotes Human Hair Growth and Is a Novel Modulator of Human Epithelial Stem Cell Functions

Under these conditions, spermidine promoted hair shaft elongation and prolonged hair growth (anagen)

The hair follicle (HF) is one of the most highly proliferative organs in mammalian biology [17], [18]. Therefore, polyamines have long been suspected to be important for hair growth [19]. For example, inhibiting polyamine synthesis significantly modulates murine hair growth [20], and polyamines have an essential role in determining sheep HF growth and diameter [21]. In addition, a recent study has shown that a topical administration of α-methylspermidine, a stable analogue of spermidine, induced hair growth in telogen phase mice [22].

Administration of spermidine for 6 days slightly, but significantly, increased hair shaft growth of microdissected, organ-cultured normal human scalp HFs (Figure 1A). This effect was maximal and significant at 0.5 µM, and led to more than a 20% increase in hair shaft production after 6 days in culture

The anagen prolongation/catagen inhibition by spermidine demonstrated here is clinically important: If our human HF organ culture data are transferrable to the in vivo situation, spermidine administration may help to counteract multiple forms of hair loss associated with excessive hair shedding

According to: http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/2009/October/04100901.asp

Spermidine also increases longevity FYI

Sources of spermidine:
  • Semen
  • Grapefruit

Slows cell aging. Grapefruit contains large quantities of spermidine-which, as the name suggests, is also plentiful in, well, um, human sperm. The compound helps cells grow and mature, and in 2009, researchers in Austria found that when they added spermidine to the diets of mice, it both increased the life span of cells and slowed cell aging in the mice. Spermidine has also been found to slow aging in human immune cells by inducing autophagy-a process that helps our cells regenerate.

source: shine.yahoo.com

From:http://www.drpeterjdadamo.com/wiki/wiki.pl/Polyamines

Spermidine: Mature cheeses, fermented soybeans, fermented tea, Japanese Sake, domestic mushrooms, potatoes and fresh bread are high sources of spermidine.

DrC

Re: Spermidine and Hair growth. Yes you've read that right. scientific research insid

*blinks*

skeet skeet skeet :lachen:

Okay on a serious note. Just to get this straight. The article is saying that grapefruit contains amounts of spermadine right? So there are actually people skeeting in grapefruits and sh*t like that...? :look:

Last edited:

My Friend

Re: Spermidine and Hair growth. Yes you've read that right. scientific research insid

Y'all too funny:lachen: Spermidine is in both sperm and grapefruit. Spermidine is not sperm but a component of it.

ETA: Which one of you ladies is going to start the Sperm/Sulphur/Grapefruit challenge? :look:

DrC

Y'all too funny:lachen: Spermidine is in both sperm and grapefruit. Spermidine is not sperm but a component of it.

ETA: Which one of you ladies is going to start the Sperm/Sulphur/Grapefruit challenge? :look:

How dare you ask us to enter such a challenge!! I will stick to my monkey piss for good growth thank you very much. :lol:

My Friend

Well, just like my post in the other sperm thread....times are hard, we are in a recession :yep: Get yoself a anti-aging facial, a protein treatment for your hair, about 20g of protein internally and help to fight cancer :lick:

dancinstallion

grapefruits are on sale this week 4 for 1.00.... you know they help with weightloss too.... so I am killing to birds with one stone.

Krystle~Hime

Slows cell aging. Grapefruit contains large quantities of spermidine-which, as the name suggests, is also plentiful in, well, um, human sperm. The compound helps cells grow and mature, and in 2009, researchers in Austria found that when they added spermidine to the diets of mice, it both increased the life span of cells and slowed cell aging in the mice. Spermidine has also been found to slow aging in human immune cells by inducing autophagy-a process that helps our cells regenerate.

Spermidine: Mature cheeses, fermented soybeans, fermented tea, Japanese Sake, domestic mushrooms, potatoes and fresh bread are high sources of spermidine.

Fermented soy, tea, sake, mushrooms.. it reminds me Japanese diet. and Japanese people has a "long longevity"

so, back to subject, they reported growth while telogen phase... telogen phase is a very short phase just after that the hair sheds :ohwell: :/ it will be more interesting if it will be during the anagen phase.

NaturalPath

Fermented soy, tea, sake, mushrooms.. it reminds me Japanese diet. and Japanese people has a "long longevity"

so, back to subject, they reported growth while telogen phase... telogen phase is a very short phase just after that the hair sheds :ohwell: :/ it will be more interesting if it will be during the anagen phase.

The research article did say that the anagen phase was prolonged and the catagen phase was inhibited so that should count for something,

Ok so seriously which one of yall wants to try this out :look:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Y'alls responses :lachen:

KurlyNinja

I know where I'll be asking my SO to aim for now on. :look:

Dont judge me.

GaiasDaughter24

I know where I'll be asking my SO to aim for now on. :look:

Dont judge me.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Grapefruit, huh? So do we just eat the grapefruit or add it to our scalps? I'm having a lifestyle change next year anyway,. And it does sound like a Japanese diet . Hmmm...

Seamonster

Well it is cheap, plentiful and healthy. One can readily aquire it at home, the corner grocer, or at your friendly neighborhood dive bar :lachen:

StarScream35

There is a Dominican Line called Whale Sperm. I had it a while back. Thought it was just okay.

Krystle~Hime

The research article did say that the anagen phase was prolonged and the catagen phase was inhibited so that should count for something,

Ok so seriously which one of yall wants to try this out :look:

Okay.. that's cool :look:

even if tomorrow there is a study that say vagina fluid had been proven to grow 2inches of hair in one month, I won't collect my vagina fluid for putting it in a applicator bottle as a growth aid. :nono:. I will just continue to do scalp massaging and taking vits.

but i wishHHG for those who will try it :drunk:

aviddiva77

I was just watching 30 Rock and Tina Fey's character found out that the cheese puffs she loves to eat have bull sperm in them. It made her hair thicker! :lachen:

I'd be willing to try the grapefruit but like another poster said where do you put it?

empressri

:rolleyes:

I have such a case of the giggles!!!!

can see it now...WAIT!!! don't you waste that skeet skeet *bows head down before SO*

I love me some pink grapefruit though, where they have them 4 for $1.00?? My Korean market had prices like that but they closed.

LadyRaider

It was long, so I didn't read it. (On vacation, darnitt)

Are you eating it or applying it to your scalp?

JazzyOleBabe

empressri
At it again are we. LOL The vision alone is funny. A little too close for my comfort. I'll be swatting at it like a cat.

dancinstallion

We are eating the grapefruits! therefore you get all of the benefits including the flavonoids called naringenin which assist with weight loss.

empressri

We are eating the grapefruits! therefore you get all of the benefits including the flavonoids called naringenin which assist with weight loss.

YOU are eating them, I'm going to slice on in half and string it together to make a bra to entice the spermidine from SO!!!!!
:poledancer:

JazzyOleBabe :lachen:

JazzyOleBabe

empressri
OMG girl stop it. Don't make him miss and shoot that ish in your eye. You'll be one blind mouse with long hair. LOL LOL

My Friend

Dr. Oz says the best time to have sex is in the morning. That's when the level of x is at it's highest. This allows you to kill a few birds with one :lick: a few I mentioned in my other post but another added benefit is you don't send your man out the door with a boner and sex on his mind.

Gives the term " Morning Glory" a whole new meaning.

Khaiya

I don't like grapefruit but I have put it in my morning smoothie from time to time. I'm more interested in the anti-aging properties than the hair growth ones so mayb I should add it to my smoothie more often.