spinoff: naturals show one year of growth!!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Starting from my 2nd BC in Dec 2007

After 1 yr 2 months

1.5 years

2 years. From near bald to APL

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
I don't really have the right pic for this I guess but in my signature is last year and this is my blow out from the Dominican salon about 3 weeks ago. There is no product in my hair at all and I had just brushed it and I'm in my PJ's. It was just a picture in a text to my mom so be gentle.
I know it sounds crazy but my hair hates product and loves heat. Go figure.:perplexed

Attachments

• 122709231823.jpg
    122709231823.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 151

Addy3010

This is an inspiring thread for all. Dang i cant wait til this summer so i can post my 1yr photo!

hair_rehab

Wow, great thread! I will be hitting the one year mark at the end of next month. I haven't posted many pics of myself but I can't wait to finally show my progress.

PPGbubbles

So I didnt start documenting my straight hair till June 09 but I have two twist out photos about a year apart and you can tell the diff in length that way

IMA SAY SORRY NOW!!! I DUNNO HOW TO RESIZE SO MY PICS ARE HUGE :(

Taken 1/19/09

flat Twistout on previously straightened hair.

Takent 1/8/2010

flat twist out on strechted air dried hair

Pick of the back of the same style....Im kinda happy that my flat twistout are SL now....one of my goals is APL twist out styles

Sorry again 4 the size :( .......but there ya go 1 year of growth :)

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
I feel like my hair is growing soooooooo much slower than everyone else in this post. I re-read everything and when I got to my picture it doesn't look very impressive. Have any of you ladies been doing something special?

PPGbubbles

I feel like my hair is growing soooooooo much slower than everyone else in this post. I re-read everything and when I got to my picture it doesn't look very impressive. Have any of you ladies been doing something special?

You seem to have a normal growth rate. I am taking into account that you started from bald to your blow out pic.... btw you look fly bald!....i have a tiny mishapen head :wallbash: so im jealous of your skull

Growth seems faster when measured on longer hair (hope that makes sense)

Im sure a year from your blow out pic you will feel differently about your growth rate.:yep:

I swore my hair wasnt growinin the begining because I cut my hair to EL/NL and it seemed like my progress wasnt very noticible... I would post those pics for you but they are not on this PC.

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
You seem to have a normal growth rate. I am taking into account that you started from bald to your blow out pic.... btw you look fly bald!....i have a tiny mishapen head :wallbash: so im jealous of your skull

Growth seems faster when measured on longer hair (hope that makes sense)

Im sure a year from your blow out pic you will feel differently about your growth rate.:yep:

I swore my hair wasnt growinin the begining because I cut my hair to EL/NL and it seemed like my progress wasnt very noticible... I would post those pics for you but they are not on this PC.

Thank you. I hope your right I miss having hair my head is so cold this winter. I love your hair with the twists and you can totally tell its grown. When my hair is curly it looks exactly the same. I have straighten it to convince myself its grown at all.

BrownSkinQT

Dang arosieworld it seems like we have the EXACT same growth rate! I did a BC in January 09 (I wasn't bald; I was around your February pic) and we appear to be the same length as of today.

BrownSkinQT

P.S. I feel like my hair grows slow as heck too. I think I got maybe 4 inches this last year but I really didn't learn how to properly take care of my hair until last July.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I'm not natural yet but here is 13 months of growth. If only I had this kind of retention when relaxed. I would have been floor length by now lol

Last edited:

finickyone

Last Saturday. on 1/9/09, shortly before midnight, I cut off the rest of my relaxed ends.

1st pic is before I washed & conditioned.
2nd pic is right after I cut with no products.
3rd & 4th pic, prepping for twists. Not sure how much growth I have, but after 14.5 months of transition, I can get my hair in those clips. I have no idea what it will look like straightened, but I think you can get a general idea of my growth. I think I am a slow grower because I have seen some amazing length on this forum from naturals at their one year mark.

Attachments

• 100_1559.jpg
    100_1559.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 100_1587.jpg
    100_1587.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_1589.jpg
    100_1589.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_1590.jpg
    100_1590.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Excellent thread! I washed and dc'ed today and found myself trying to imagine my grass at the one year mark lol. This thread gives me hope.

alanaj

October 06 - This was around the time I bced. I bced at about 5.5 months.

August 07

September 07

November 07

Omg your hair gives me hope that I will eventually get more curl definition! Your Aug pic looks like my hair now and I just wish for more definition all the time so the Sep pic is makin me hope.

Or did you just use something different in your hair?

Bella02

Here's mine

Pic 1- taken early Jan 09, Pic's 2&3 taken Jan 15th 2010.

Attachments

• Starting Point- Dec 23-NeckLength.jpg
    Starting Point- Dec 23-NeckLength.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 169
  • Jan.Updates-1.15 014.jpg
    Jan.Updates-1.15 014.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 154
  • Jan.Updates-1.15 021.jpg
    Jan.Updates-1.15 021.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 147