Spinoff.. should we brag about how long we can go without washing our hair?

Is it okay for a person to brag about how long they can go without washing their hair

• Yes, nothing is embarassing about it

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • No, some things should be kept to yourself

Votes: 74 62.7%
  • Doesn't matter one way or the other

Votes: 40 33.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those ladies are probably proudy because it helped them retain length ... and have a beautiful hair. There is a youtuber who has the most beautiful head of hip lenght hair and she is proud of saying that she wash her hair once/month. However; in my opinions, I think going that long not washing your hair is kind of nasty and not something to be talking about in public. For me, I can't even make it past 4 days :lachen: I tried last week and by day 7 I was miserable and I washed.

Girl, people would say to me you'll wash the relaxer out of your hair!:rolleyes: I told them I didn't care. I need to be clean! It is normal for people with this mentality to not wash their hair for long periods of time. I don't knock them, but it couldn't be me!:nono::lol:

Those ladies are probably proudy because it helped them retain length ... and have a beautiful hair. There is a youtuber who has the most beautiful head of hip lenght hair and she is proud of saying that she wash her hair once/month. However; in my opinions, I think going that long not washing your hair is kind of nasty and not something to be talking about in public. For me, I can't even make it past 4 days :lachen: I tried last week and by day 7 I was miserable and I washed.

You know I went 5 days without washing this week and I liked to scratched my scalp off. I couldn't take it anymore and felt so good when the water in my shower hit my scalp. I love washing my hair and will not sacrifice a clean scalp and hair for long but dirty hair.. Personally, I couldn't eat someone's cooking if I knew that went longer than a month without washing their hair. Especially when their dandruff flakes are showing...ewww!

I think a lot of people cannot smell their own scalp/hair. It's not just sebum, but also smoke, dust/dirt, lint, crumbs and particles from the external environment that are sitting on the hair until wash day. When we walk by people, there is a whiff of air that carries our scent, and hair is a BIG contributor to what scent you give off. I think a good test is to rub the tip of your finger on your scalp, then smell, and if it is even slightly funny you should have washed several days ago, and then keep to that schedule.

Wow. People really took this thread personally.
It is funny people tell you in a post that people are being judgmental but then go one to be judgmental of the OP.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

@diadall, how did you come to the conclusion that people were judging OP? I didn't get that sense at all. Folks were asked a question and they answered. If folks say that we shouldn't care what others think, or that what has what folks do got to do with us, or that we shouldn't brag about not washing, or that we shouldn't be ashamed about not washing, or that dirty hair is not cute, or that not washing doesn't mean we have dirty hair...IMO that contributes to the discussion and is not an attack to OP. There are people who posted that not washing to them is unhygienic, but there are people who don't wash often but who don't have smelly or dirty hair and their response was not at OP but rather addressing a point suggested in a previous post.

I also loved @EllePixie's point because folks can take on burdens they shouldn't and it helps someone to point out that something isn't embarrassing. Think about the number of people who were ashamed to be seen with their natural hair. It took someone to tell them their hair isn't ugly for them to stop feeling uneasy. And if someone pointed out that all people are created equal and so there shouldn't be any embarrassment among people of any race, then IMO that's something that IMO if taken to heart can free someone to stand tall no matter what sort of people they find themselves around. In other words, if you feel good among fam, feel good among strangers too. Because if those who matter don't care, then those who care (are probably strangers) who don't matter.

Yes, OP asked the original questions, but most threads turn into discussions involving different opinions brought to the table and responses to those may have nothing to do with the OP. I hope OP isn't taking all the responses as attacks on her.

As I said. People took this thread personally.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Erhmm...the question was "Should we brag about how long we can go without washing our hair?" and not "Should people...." which could've meant "others not us". The "we" clearly included all those reading the question so I don't know how one could answer that question without sharing how they personally feel about the issue. :look: Each person can only speak for herself/himself so... *shrug*

Last edited:
NO that's gross. You got tons of junk in your hair from day to day. I go 4 days without washing and I'm about to cry cuz my scalp is itchy!

Sent from my Droid using Droid

Back