Spinoff - Where are the NTM users?

AtlantaJJ

Wishin4BSL said:
What product do you use from the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line?
I use NTM leave-in and sometimes the NTM serum

What do you like about this line or specific product?
It's very difficult for me to get my hair soft after a relaxer and the leave-in is the only thing that does the trick!

I like the serum because it feels like exactly what it says. HEALING shine serum! I use it on my dry hair daily if I'm wearing it down after blow drying.
I really need a good leave in! That's what I am on the market for...

Cayenne0622

What product do you use from the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line? All of the line or one specific item?

NTM Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave In.

The CONDITIONER has saved me!!! Everytime I use something that is drying to my hair, I throw on the NTM conditioner and it detangles and returns the slip to my hair. I don't even have to comb. I use my fingers. WONDERFUL! I also like the leave in because its light.

s_terry

Aiggght ya'll dang!!!! Tell me what's in the DDC. You know I have used the foam. No wonder I was a little stiff and dry because of the protien. Would someone please be so kind as to list the ingredients for the DDC and serum.

Thanks ya'll:)

sareca

I only have Silk Touch and I'm sold. I sat on this product for months and months because it had cones. My hair loves this stuff. It leaves it feeling very soft and moisturized.

Does anybody use this daily? The bottle doesn't say to use it daily, but the Web site does... :confused:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I use the NTM Cream Lather Shampoo, DDC, Silk Touch, Anti-Frizz Cream. the serum and the mask. I really like that they all leave my hair soft and moisturized. Haven't been using them in a while though, but the line has definitely been screaming "Use Me" lately.

AtlantaJJ

I went to my local super Wal*Mart and they did not have any NTM! :cry: the humanity! :cry:

I just called to double check, and the walmart I went to does not carry the line period. They had everything else in the world up in there though! :burn:

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Why is Dimethicone Supposed to be Bad??

I'm a newbie so forgive me, but I've seen that "Cons" are bad. I've gathered that they cause build-up over time. Is there any other reason Dimethicone is bad, it's high up in the ingrediant list of these products.

Thanks for the education, and forgive me because I know this has been mentioned before :fallenang:

aprilj

AtlantaJJ said:
I went to my local super Wal*Mart and they did not have any NTM! :cry: the humanity! :cry:

I just called to double check, and the walmart I went to does not carry the line period. They had everything else in the world up in there though! :burn:

I can definitely feel your pain. Same thing happened here. Try Target - that's where I ended up finding it.

MonaLisa

Cayenne0622 said:
What product do you use from the Neutrogena Triple Moisture Line? All of the line or one specific item?

NTM Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave In.

The CONDITIONER has saved me!!! Everytime I use something that is drying to my hair, I throw on the NTM conditioner and it detangles and returns the slip to my hair. I don't even have to comb. I use my fingers. WONDERFUL! I also like the leave in because its light.

PREACH! PREACH IT CAYENNE!!! Pass the hair plate around and tell the truth!!! NTM DDC HAS SAVED ME REPEATEDLY!!! I can't even count how many times - matting, tangling issues...it always gets me through the pain! I WILL NEVER STOP USING THIS PRODUCT :notworthy: :notworthy: unless they discontinue it...*and I pray that day never happens:perplexed *

s_terry said:
Aiggght ya'll dang!!!! Tell me what's in the DDC. You know I have used the foam. No wonder I was a little stiff and dry because of the protien. Would someone please be so kind as to list the ingredients for the DDC and serum.

I've never used the foam due to the protein - that was a deterrent for me -:ohwell:
but...I have used it on a weave:look:

Now...the ingredients to what Sylver and I refer to as the wonder conditioner!

*BAM*

Ingredients
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behenyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Fruit Oil, Meadowfoam (Limnanthes Alba) Seed Oil, Glycol Stearate, Ceteth-2, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Mica, Fragrance.

Product Description
Product Description
The daily conditioner with deep moisture benefits for soft, smooth, totally touchable hair all day. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner - Hair softness, smoothness and manageability improve dramatically with every use. The restorative power of a deep treatment is captured with the ease and convenience of a one-minute rinse. Salon-approved and scientifically proven to help even severely dry, over-processed hair feel soft, smooth and totally touchable all day, after a single use. Three naturally derived extracts penetrate to help moisturize each layer of the hair strand: Olive penetrates to the center; Meadowfoam Seed helps moisturize the middle; Sweet Almond wraps the surface.

NTM HAIR CONFESSION: I have read this aloud in the shower commerical style....:sekret:
Practice...Practice!!! I would like to do voiceover work one day...:)

Now about the serum:

Shine Serum Uses Developed to treat extra dry or over-processed hair. The remedy for dryness and damage, all the way down to the tips. Extra-dry hair can look rough and worn everywhere?especially at the ends. This treatment serum polishes hair strands to a brilliant shine as it dramatically restores the healthy, moisturized look and feel of vulnerable hair ends. Hair will shine with balanced luminosity from root to tip. Contains UV filters.

Three naturally derived extracts penetrate to help moisturize each layer of the hair strand: Olive: penetrates to the center. Meadowfoam Seed: helps moisturize the middle. Sweet Almond: wraps the surface.

Active Ingredients Cyclopentasiloxane; Hexamethyldisiloxane; Dimethiconol; Cyclohexasiloxane; Phenyl Trimethicone; Ethylhexyl Palmitate; Cyclopentasiloxane; Aminopropyl Dimethicone; Olive (Olea Europaea) Fruit Oil; Meadowfoam (Limnanthes Alba) Seed Oil; Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil; BHT; Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate; Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane; Fragrance

MonaLisa

Alert....NTM ...Alert.....if you head to Amazon RIGHT NOW.....
they have two sets of NTM DDC 4 pack for $19.77 (free shipping for the remaining 22 hours as of 11/13/06 -- if your order is at least 25.00)

I figure by the time I buy individually, it comes to about the same thing....so letting folks who don't have access to it....go for it...good luck if interested!

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner, 8.45-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 4)
Other products by Neutrogena
td.productLabel { font-weight: bold; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; vertical-align: top; padding-right: 5px; padding-left: 0px; } table.product { border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; }List Price:$26.36 Price:$19.77 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details You Save:$6.59 (25%)

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Only 2 left in stock--order soon.

jayjaycurlz

Y'all are horrible, horrible I tell ya! After reading this thread I went to Shopper's Drug Mart (I live in CANADA - man it's cold today!) and purchased not ONE but TWO bottles of NTM silk touch. I hope to post my own rave reviews about the leave in soon! :grin:

MonaLisa

jayjaycurlz said:
Y'all are horrible, horrible I tell ya! After reading this thread I went to Shopper's Drug Mart (I live in CANADA - man it's cold today!) and purchased not ONE but TWO bottles of NTM silk touch. I hope to post my own rave reviews about the leave in soon! :grin:

Lawd....I hope it's a good review....

*Our NTM hair hearts hurt when the silk touch/ddc gets dissed..:lol:

Cayenne0622

MonaLisa said:
PREACH! PREACH IT CAYENNE!!! Pass the hair plate around and tell the truth!!! NTM DDC HAS SAVED ME REPEATEDLY!!! I can't even count how many times - matting, tangling issues...it always gets me through the pain! I WILL NEVER STOP USING THIS PRODUCT :notworthy: :notworthy: unless they discontinue it...*and I pray that day never happens:perplexed *

:D I'm with you! I don't know what I would have done without it. I have so many conditioners that I can't even count them but this one does the trick. I get mine from the Walgreens down the street from my house.

The funny thing is that it does have a lot of cones but my hair responds to cones for some reason. Also remember that some cones ARE water soluable which means they do allow moisture to get in. I can't remember which ones though. OOPS! Just remember to clarify if you use products with cones regularly.

AtlantaJJ

cicilypayne said:
Walgreens has Silk touch?...I'm off to the drug store.:)

I got some at Walgreens last night, and I'm trying it tonight after my workout.

I'm so mad a Wal*Mart they discontinued the line....dumbos

I have the mask, the deep conditioner and the silk leave in. I have so many poos, I didn't buy the poo, they have NTM poo for dry itchy scalp too !! Did you know that??

MonaLisa

AtlantaJJ said:

I got some at Walgreens last night, and I'm trying it tonight after my workout.

I'm so mad a Wal*Mart they discontinued the line....dumbos

I have the mask, the deep conditioner and the silk leave in. I have so many poos, I didn't buy the poo, they have NTM poo for dry itchy scalp too !! Did you know that??

Yup. I did anyway...:look: Please report back on how you feel, good, bad or indifferent on the products:D

@ s_terry -- you're welcome:D

MonaLisa

Cayenne0622 said:
MonaLisa said:

:D I'm with you! I don't know what I would have done without it. I have so many conditioners that I can't even count them but this one does the trick. I get mine from the Walgreens down the street from my house.

The funny thing is that it does have a lot of cones but my hair responds to cones for some reason. Also remember that some cones ARE water soluable which means they do allow moisture to get in. I can't remember which ones though. OOPS! Just remember to clarify if you use products with cones regularly.

Really? Then the DDC must have those...;) :p

*rubs some DDC on cat's fur*

I am a loyal user of NTM mask for over a year now, its my one and only deep con and I use it just about EVERY week,, i believe it has been part of the big pic in the major turnaround of my hair, I recommend it to anyone with dryness or other hair probs,, i like to mix it with water and leave it on for a while b4 rinsing.. I also use the serum but very very rarely, I dont like silicone serums no mo since i discovereed my precious jojoba oil.. OHH also the poo is FABULOUS if your hair is dry,, its like washing with con,, the only prob for me was that it left a buildup after a while, but i remember having butter soft silk hair from it. I really hope they NEVER discontinue this line!!!

FAMUDva

I'm a new NTM believer!

I use the poo, mask and silk touch leave in. I also found the leave in that is mousse form (don't remember the name) in the clearance at Eckerd Drugs.

I had planned to not switch completely to NTM until I finished my motion's but someone on LHCF said they thought motion's was very harsh and that NTM would be a better choice. I'm so thankful for that recommendation! Don't think I'll ever switch product lines again!

I do have to clarify with Pantene as my first lather because I don't want product build up from my daily moisterizing and I only poo every 7-14 days.

Love, love NTM! Thanks LHCF for the introduction to this stuff :)

AtlantaJJ

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
I am a loyal user of NTM mask for over a year now, its my one and only deep con and I use it just about EVERY week,, i believe it has been part of the big pic in the major turnaround of my hair, I recommend it to anyone with dryness or other hair probs,, i like to mix it with water and leave it on for a while b4 rinsing.. I also use the serum but very very rarely, I dont like silicone serums no mo since i discovereed my precious jojoba oil.. OHH also the poo is FABULOUS if your hair is dry,, its like washing with con,, the only prob for me was that it left a buildup after a while, but i remember having butter soft silk hair from it. I really hope they NEVER discontinue this line!!!

I was thinking of leaving it on longer than they recommend on the instuctions...do you ever use heat with it?

MonaLisa

FYI - Rite Aid Shoppers and NTM Users.....

This week...ending Saturday 11/25/06
Buy one NTM product, 50% off the next one...

:)

MonaLisa

To the NTM DDC users --

I JUST noticed something different on the packaging while I was doing my NTM commercial in the bathroom:look:

The prior packaging had it listed to use for 1-2 minutes, the new packaging just says after shampooing, massage conditioner throughout hair, concentrating on the ends. Rinse well.

It took them long enough to realize :scratchch that folks have been using it as a deep conditioner.

I've never used it only for 1-2 minutes...

neenzmj

I use the leave-in, the mask and the anti-frizz cream.

I love the smell and the way it manages and defines my curls.

Siren

I use the shampoo for dry hair (which smells like mint), the condtioner and the
silk touch leave in cream.

I love the way all of the NTM products smell. The silk touch cream is very light and doesn't weigh down my hair and the conditioner feels as if it melts into my hair. The price is pretty decent. I few weeks ago I bought Dudley's Moisture container (after hearing rave reviews about it) and I feel like it was a waste of money because it didn't do anything different than NTM silk touch does and it costs more. From now on I'm stick with all of my NTM products.

tijay

I use the shampoo, leave-in conditioner and the serum...I'm gonna get the mask next time I'm at the store. The shampoo and conditioner smell and they make my coarse hair soft and managable...I love NTM!!! I use is to airdry and my hair is nice and moist.

SpiritJunkie

I've been using the NTM Leave in Cream since I started my hair journey (july). It's on sale this week so I will purchase the shampoo and the ddc.

I'm happy with it so far.

I use the Leave in as a moisturizer and its wonderful!

MonaLisa

firecracker said:
I finally tried it last week and loved it. :)

First....can I let out a Wha, Wha! on the Firecracker NTM stamp of approval!:lol:

Second...bumping up on the monthly bump up...for da new year!

I think I saw some unaccounted for NTM users in the house... :sekret: