Straightening Balms with cumulative effects?

aqualung

Certain straightening balms claim to have a gradual cumulative straightening effect with repeated applications.

1. Hair Reformer Curl Relaxer Balm by African Wonders (Can I get a witness?)

2. Phytodefrisant Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm by Phyto

Such products might benefit people transitioning, as well as relaxed people who space out their touchups.

Has anyone tried these? Feel free to suggest better options.

hawaiianhoney

Are these balms an alternative to straightening in that they don't have any chemicals in them?

Or do they have relaxing chemicals in them, just not harsh ones?

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
Are these balms an alternative to straightening in that they don't have any chemicals in them?

Or do they have relaxing chemicals in them, just not harsh ones?

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't have relaxer in them...they smooth the frizz and the curl in your hair...until the next wash... I really liked the KMS Flatout...but it's so expensive(17.00)

hawaiianhoney

never mind, I just read about them

aqualung

I'm sceptical too. Both products require that I use heat with every application (as does KMS flat out).

Furthermore, the hair reformer totals ~$18 with cross-country shipping.
It's only 4 oz.

My very specific hair objective is to soften/straighten the new growth in order to avoid relaxing so frequently. I don't wanna blowdry or flat iron the roots in the process. If such a miracle in a bottle existed, perhaps our league of PJs woulda found it by now...

The only product that promises anything close is Curlex (a semi-permanent straightener). It scares me to death, and won't retail again til 9/15/2003. http://www.xenna.com/curlex.htm

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I've tried one straightening balm. Dried my hair out completely. My hair started coming out in clumps. I was so mad I promptly threw that mess in the garbage.

sweetcocoa

I didn't use heat(except to rollerset) when I used it...I also mixed it with a little oil...it did not dry my hair out... Here's a thread a long while back on it...(it's long)
KMS Flatout 1

hawaiianhoney

I didn't know that Sanaa Lathan's hair was natural!
It looks relaxed. I think she is so pretty. My husband does too.

Thanks for the compliment on the pic. My goal is to have my hair that long, thick and healthy. I've always loved Aaliyah's hair...even when it was short.