Struggling with your natural hair? Come in here.....

I'm starting over. Had my Komaza Hair Analysis and the verdict was I needed to cut my hair to 2" because there was no salvaging it. So cut it to 2" yesterday.

We are all in the struggle @faithVA!!! I'm worried I also have heat damage. I have considered doing the Komaza Hair Analysis but I'm afraid of what it will say... I'm not ready to BC again.

[USER=337891 said:
Cruzankink[/USER];16584483]We are all in the struggle @faithVA!!! I'm worried I also have heat damage. I have considered doing the Komaza Hair Analysis but I'm afraid of what it will say... I'm not ready to BC again.

My advice is if you think it would help get it as soon as possible. If I had the analysis in January instead of July, I would not have had to big chop. Every month of delay, caused me inches of hair.

And if you do have damage, she doesn't insist that you get it all cut off at once. She recommended it for me, because the damage had spread so much and was so severe. But most of the analysis only recommend 1 to 3". And she offers that you can just get a trim every 6 weeks and do heavy protein treatments to slow down the damage.

But if I had gotten this down in January, I would be APL by now. So waiting doesn't help :nono:

[USER=259402 said:
greenandchic[/USER];16585767]I love your hair! Sorry you had to cut so much off, but it looks healthy now.

I'm considering doing a Komaza Care analysis, but afraid of what it would say.

Thank You! Second time today I've heard "afraid to know" :lol:

Read the post before yours and you can see my reply.

I think for anyone that has been struggling with their hair for more than 6 months its worth it. When I say struggling I mean with retention or the condition of it. It will save time, money and your hair.

Thank You! Second time today I've heard "afraid to know" :lol:

Read the post before yours and you can see my reply.

I think for anyone that has been struggling with their hair for more than 6 months its worth it. When I say struggling I mean with retention or the condition of it. It will save time, money and your hair.

I agree - better safe than sorry.

faithVA would you recommend I get the analysis even though my hair isn't breaking but I can clearly see the holes throughout my strands? I still have the same retention I've always had but the condition of my ends has clearly worsened..

@faithVA would you recommend I get the analysis even though my hair isn't breaking but I can clearly see the holes throughout my strands? I still have the same retention I've always had but the condition of my ends has clearly worsened..

Do you think you know why you have holes in your strands? Are they primarily at the ends? or do you have mid-shaft splits?

Do you think its something you can correct your self over the next 3 months?

Just for other ladies in this thread, I recommend the analysis if

1. You don't know why your hair is doing what it's doing and you have been working on it at least 3 months. I have no clue why I pick 3 months, I am just using my head as a standard. It takes me that long to see if something is working.

2. You know what's wrong or why it's doing it but you don't know how to fix it.

3. You think you know what's wrong and how to fix it and it ain't working.

If any of those sound like you I recommend the analysis. And you do want to know. The sooner the better. The sooner you find out the more hair you keep and the faster you get to your goals.

faithVA I think it's from my braider ripping a fine tooth comb through my hair last time I got my hair braided in march. I can't see any damage at the top of my hair, but i only trim 1/4 of an inch every 2 months so I'm no where near cutting all the damage off.

ETA I just seen your last post and I think I'm going to get it because what I've been doing to fix my hair isn't working and I need to know if it's absolutely necessary to cut now, or if I can keep trimming along. Thanks

[QUOTE[USER]=@Victoria44[/USER];16586805]@faithVA I think it's from my braider ripping a fine tooth comb through my hair last time I got my hair braided in march. I can't see any damage at the top of my hair, but i only trim 1/4 of an inch every 2 months so I'm no where near cutting all the damage off.

ETA I just seen your last post and I think I'm going to get it because what I've been doing to fix my hair isn't working and I need to know if it's absolutely necessary to cut now, or if I can keep trimming along. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I will tell you what she told me. I can't see holes in my strands. I wish I had. She said I had mid-strand splits and they were moving up my strand. I could have trimmed every 4 to 6 weeks but I needed to do a heavy protein treatment with it.

My situation is different because my splits were caused by the protein being melted in my strands. Yours are caused by styling tools.

The service just gets real detailed. They tell you how high up the strand the damage is. What caused the damage. I thought that was amazing because they can tell the difference between different heating device damage, vs other things. They tell you whether you need light protein or heavy protein and how often. They tell you the trim schedule you need to get to healthy hair.

If anyone decides to get a hair analysis please use my code: G8KVMWHB. It goes on the 2nd page of the order where it says Customer Referral Code. It will not work in the promo code field.

You get 5% off the price. And I can earn points so I can try a Komaza product.

tia

Last edited:
Did I miss the price? What's a comprehensive cost? I wanna do this maybe as a bday pressie for myself next month...

Did I miss the price? What's a comprehensive cost? I wanna do this maybe as a bday pressie for myself next month...

No you didn't miss the price. It's $65 before the discount.

For the ladies that are unware, several analysis results are being posted in the KomazaCare thread. You can read other peoples results so you can understand how it works better.

Even if you aren't interested, you may find the recommendations interesting and it may answer some question you have.

If anyone decides to get a hair analysis please use my code: G8KVMWHB. It goes on the 2nd page of the order.
Yeah, I feel like I'm begging :nono: :ohwell:
You get 5% off the price. And I can earn points so I can try a Komaza product.

tia

I decided to order the analysis. I firmly believe that the sooner I work out whatever problems I have w/ my hair the better. Heads up faithVA I tried using your discount code but when I applied it to my order it gave me this message: The discount scheme has expired or you have entered an invalid Promo Code.

Cruzankink yeah, you have to enter the code on the second page. The discount code is different from the referral code. It gives you an option to enter the referral code at the bottom of the second confirmation page, I believe. I ran into the same problem, but this was discussed upthread. You probably missed it!

@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=337891" said:
Cruzankink[/URL];16591577]I decided to order the analysis. I firmly believe that the sooner I work out whatever problems I have w/ my hair the better. Heads up @faithVA I tried using your discount code but when I applied it to my order it gave me this message: The discount scheme has expired or you have entered an invalid Promo Code.

Thanks. It's not a promo code. It goes in on the second page.

Let me update the post. It goes on the 2nd page in Customer Referral Code.

I think you will be happy with your analysis.

ETA: Just saw that virtuenow replied.

Last edited:
@Cruzankink yeah, you have to enter the code on the second page. The discount code is different from the referral code. It gives you an option to enter the referral code at the bottom of the second confirmation page, I believe. I ran into the same problem, but this was discussed upthread. You probably missed it!

Thanks. I didn't see that you had answered. I updated the post instead of being lazy.

Just ordered my Komaza Hair Analysis!!! Used the referral code from faithVA and got a $3.25 discount. I called the company w/ questions and apparantly they've been geting a lot of orders for the analysis in direct result from this forum and some blogs.

Just ordered my Komaza Hair Analysis!!! Used the referral code from @faithVA and got a $3.25 discount. I called the company w/ questions and apparantly they've been geting a lot of orders for the analysis in direct result from this forum and some blogs.

Thank You Cruzankink.

Yes they got swamped. Thats how LCHF does :lol:

Now the wait begins.

Just ordered my Komaza Hair Analysis!!! Used the referral code from @faithVA and got a $3.25 discount. I called the company w/ questions and apparantly they've been geting a lot of orders for the analysis in direct result from this forum and some blogs.

Yes, come stand in line! I am awaiting my confirmation, got my scissors ready! :lick:

I have been doing WnG on/off for the last few weeks. I noticed that when I WnG after a twist out my coils are a lot more elongated and defined vs. back-to-back WnG where my kinks shrink more and there is less coil definition. Have any of you experienced this? If so, how did you remedy it? TIA.

I made it through my first week of my cut. It was a struggle because my hair was nothing like I remembered it being in 2009. It was much more dense and shrunken than I remember. So I was scrambling last week to figure out how to work it. I tried some twists and some flat twists but it took way too long. I tried cowashing daily and that was too much work as well. The end of last week I just slicked the front back as much as possible and put a head band on. I saw a yt video on defining your curls with the palm of your hand or your brush. I was afraid of doing it with a brush so I tried it with the palm of my hand. It looked ok for a while but when it dried it just looked like the fro I started with.

On Saturday I saw a yt video where they defined their curls with a sponge. I didn't have a sponge but I did have a scalp massager. Figured why not. And yep, it worked very well. It stretched my hair and helped my curls to clump a little bit giving my hair more texture.

Yesterday I went to Sally's and bought a scalp massager with longer prongs on it. It works well. Not sure yet if it is better than my first one. I'm still playing around with what products to use with this method. And it seems that I need to have my hair completely dry before I do it. My hair doesn't clump when its wet.

So one week in and I at least have a go to style that doesn't take forever to do.

faithVA said:
I made it through my first week of my cut. It was a struggle because my hair was nothing like I remembered it being in 2009. It was much more dense and shrunken than I remember. So I was scrambling last week to figure out how to work it. I tried some twists and some flat twists but it took way too long. I tried cowashing daily and that was too much work as well. The end of last week I just slicked the front back as much as possible and put a head band on. I saw a yt video on defining your curls with the palm of your hand or your brush. I was afraid of doing it with a brush so I tried it with the palm of my hand. It looked ok for a while but when it dried it just looked like the fro I started with.

On Saturday I saw a yt video where they defined their curls with a sponge. I didn't have a sponge but I did have a scalp massager. Figured why not. And yep, it worked very well. It stretched my hair and helped my curls to clump a little bit giving my hair more texture.

Yesterday I went to Sally's and bought a scalp massager with longer prongs on it. It works well. Not sure yet if it is better than my first one. I'm still playing around with what products to use with this method. And it seems that I need to have my hair completely dry before I do it. My hair doesn't clump when its wet.

So one week in and I at least have a go to style that doesn't take forever to do.

Look closely at the teeth on the scalp massager. Is it the kind that has the clear, prong, type teeth or the massager with the seams and the evil tips. Please don't get setback right as you are starting over.

Look closely at the teeth on the scalp massager. Is it the kind that has the clear, prong, type teeth or the massager with the seams and the evil tips. Please don't get setback right as you are starting over.

Thanks for looking out for me. Here are the two I am using. I will replace the Babybliss at some point because its hard to hold. I will keep my eye open for anything that will work. I may try using a sponge. Maybe :lol:

Babybliss.jpg

scalpmassager.jpg

I am probably creating a head full of SSKs, but I'm not willing to walk around for 4 months with my every day fro :nono: But I will try different things to see if I can find different styles.

UPDATE: I haven't provided an update in a while so here I go... I panicked after reading some post on results of Komaza Hair analysis so last weekend I added more quinoa protein than usual to my deep con to strength my damaged hair. Thankfully my hair did not feel dry but instead felt coated. I've cowashed 2x since and the coated feeling is gone. I received my Komaza Hair Analysis packet yesterday so I'll co-wash today and do my weekend routine then send the sample back on Monday.

I've been doing my updated regimen: prepoo w/ coconut oil, CoWash, Deep Con. Its been going very well!!! I've also been incorporating WnG to my regimen. With regards to my last post, I'm going to try banding my hair after my WnG to stretch it. I'll update y'all on the outcome.

BANDING UPDATE: I CW last night and banded my hair for a total of 22 clumps. If I had longer hair I don't think I would need that many. Anyway, although I love the results (hair was soft and stretched), banding is gonna be a once in a while thing for my short 4.5-5in. stretched hair. The main reason is that they were too tight and uncomfortable to sleep in. That's probably why I noticed most of the banding vids on yt were w/ hair alot longer than mines. Once my hair get's longer I'll do it more often. Below is a pic of the results. I don't think the pic does the look justice. :ohwell:

Banding WnG.JPG

BANDING UPDATE: I CW last night and banded my hair for a total of 22 clumps. If I had longer hair I don't think I would need that many. Anyway, although I love the results (hair was soft and stretched), banding is gonna be a once in a while thing for my short 4.5-5in. stretched hair. The main reason is that they were too tight and uncomfortable to sleep in. That's probably why I noticed most of the banding vids on yt were w/ hair alot longer than mines. Once my hair get's longer I'll do it more often. Below is a pic of the results. I don't think the pic does the look justice. :ohwell:

View attachment 163927

Thanks for sharing your techniques. Do you think you could do the same with bantu knots? And I saw a yt video where she put her hair into 4 ponytails (?) at the top of her head and then split each of those into 4 bantu knots. That came out really nice. Maybe you can do 6 sections and then do 4 bantu knots off of that. I know I'm not explaining it well.

Thanks for sharing your techniques. Do you think you could do the same with bantu knots? And I saw a yt video where she put her hair into 4 ponytails (?) at the top of her head and then split each of those into 4 bantu knots. That came out really nice. Maybe you can do 6 sections and then do 4 bantu knots off of that. I know I'm not explaining it well.

faithVA Thanx. It is certainly an option particularly since I've tried bantu knots before.

View attachment 163927
@Cruzankink, yes, I tried banding too even before my BC and I was SLish. Too many!! I think that's a CBL or longer technique as far as time efficiency.
_________

Update: In true diva style, my hair told me off. Was at the BSS last week to replenish my fake Wen, which is kinda natural. Well, I saw they got in Deva Curl No Poo! Ohhh I thought, why not?

2 Deva washes later my hair is breaking like mad!!!!!!! :sad: I mean like even running my fingers through, i have tiny 1/8 inch breaks in my fingers. This morning my hands were nearly covered in tiny breaks! I have a ball of hair in my comb. Havent had that since before I found LHCF!! WTF! Trying Mizani setting lotion for my flat twist out didnt help either--and I only used that ONCE.

Thing is, my usual wash is the SM Purification Masque and a Wen knockoff. They are both very natural products...come to think of it, besides the sulfured petroleum grease, everything I've been using is natural and homemade and I've had no probs... except when I use chemicalized products--like the Jam Custard and EcoStyler Gel!

Doing a save tonight with a clarifying shampoo and 2hr long DC (on my head now). Will trim too to be saf. Dang...Might loose most of my growth from last month.

This will probably make me a true all natural product Nazi for my hair from now on. Live and learn!

DarkJoy that is crazy how just the addition of one product can have such a negative impact. I hope it doesn't cause a setback. Please let us know how your save goes.

Can you talk about your wash day regimen? How do you use the SM Purification Masque on your wash day? I have the SM PM abut have only used it once. I think I like it but since I don't really have a regimen, not sure how to use it best. I used it as a prepoo before a CW or a shampoo but I can't remember right now which it was.

Back