Stuck - Please type my hair.

Cendra

Ladies, please type my hair using the 1-4c system (which I'm a bit confused about) and/or the LOIS system for those familiar with it (because I'm reading "The Science of Black Hair" and so far it makes a bit more sense to me).
I'm not a fan of hair-typing but I think I've reached a hair growth plateau and in hopes to find the source of the problem, I'm starting from scratch: what the heck type of hair do I have? :ohwell:

Attached: Wet hair shampooed and conditioned; dry hair without product; section of dry hair.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG-20111224-00088_2.jpg
    IMG-20111224-00088_2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG-20111224-00091_2.jpg
    IMG-20111224-00091_2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG-20111224-00120_2.jpg
    IMG-20111224-00120_2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 225

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Welcome Cendra!

For the LOIS System. you'll have to get to know your hair. Do your strands seem fine? Does it soak up or repel water? What shapes do the strands take? LOIS is not something that we will be able to describe for you because it totally depends on the properties and characteristics of your hair. However, according to your siggy, you're off to the right start.

For the Andre system, your hair looks like a cottony 3C to me in the first picture. Are the dry hair pictures after brushing/combing?

Hopefully others can chime in and help.

Cendra

Welcome @Cendra!

For the LOIS System. you'll have to get to know your hair. Do your strands seem fine? Does it soak up or repel water? What shapes do the strands take? LOIS is not something that we will be able to describe for you because it totally depends on the properties and characteristics of your hair. However, according to your siggy, you're off to the right start.

For the Andre system, your hair looks like a cottony 3C to me in the first picture. Are the dry hair pictures after brushing/combing?

Hopefully others can chime in and help.

Hi NappyNelle,

Thanks for responding. I did end up flat ironing my hair after those pics so it was too late to check the strands for the LOIS system. (I started on the book after the hair fest) But based on the description in the book I think I'm a combination of thready/wiry strands, mostly S shaped with some other very angular shapes but not as disctinct as Ls. There are two disctinct patterns, possibly a third. My hair soaks up water easily. Going to have to wash on the weekend and check on dry stands.

The dry pics are after detangling with a wide comb while wet.

Cendra

@sipp100, SerenavanderWoodsen,

Yes, my strands seem fine to me as well. Looks like S shaped in the front and back with some other funny shapes at the crown and below the temple. I figured I was in the 3 range but definitely with some 4 in there as well.

Thanks!

ellebelle88

I say 3c/4a but I can't tell for sure because you combed or brushed you hair in the pic that matters the most (the middle one with your hair dry and no product on it).