Successful Transitioners..Please Come IN!!!!

cclark1

Ladies I've been transitioning now for 4 months. Everything has been going great for the most part. But I have a piece in the back that broke off at the new growth right after my last relaxer. I use it to measure how much my hair has grown and how far I have to go. I hate that piece. It is so course and harder to tame than other parts of my hair that have grown out of the relaxer (sides and edges). Plus it's still sooo short. I don't want to BC but sometimes I feel like my hair is growing so slowly. I'm not keen on weaves or braids either. I'm really trying to take care of my new growth so that when I do finally cut off the relaxed ends, I'll know how to take care of my hair and it'll be in awesome condition. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated:look:

Sorry to hear about your breakage, but hang in there because it does get easier. I transitioned from around October 2006 until May 2007- in May I cut my hair to chin length and have been doing great since then. I think you can transition without a BC, but once you get to a length you can manage you might want to consider cutting off your relaxed ends since it is hard to deal with the two textures. I posted some progress pics a few weeks ago, I'll bump that thread for some motivation.

Sorry to hear about your breakage, but hang in there because it does get easier. I transitioned from around October 2006 until May 2007- in May I cut my hair to chin length and have been doing great since then. I think you can transition without a BC, but once you get to a length you can manage you might want to consider cutting off your relaxed ends since it is hard to deal with the two textures. I posted some progress pics a few weeks ago, I'll bump that thread for some motivation.

My last relaxer was Oct 31, 2007. I daily ponder if I should bc or transition without bcing. I go back and forth with wanting to make it to brastrap and then trim as I grow to maintain BSL (I'm a little past APL now), or just bc as soon as I have length I'm comfortable with to avoid the whole two texture thing. I finally just put braids in to allow time for me to make up my mind and not do something spur of the moment.

Back