New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

fattyfatfat

1. How far into the transition are you? 40 weeks!!!! I never thought I would make it!
2. Whats your transition goal? Two years.

dr.j

Will be 18 months next week.
Going for 24 months at least but may go for 36 months.... we'll see :spinning:

JuiceMobsta

1. How far into the transition are you? 18 months post!!!!!:grin::grin::grin:

2. Whats your transition goal? I am aiming for 2 years...:boredwrk:

SherylsTresses

:hiya: I'll be 2 years post August 1st and may or may not BC then.

We can start off like always:
1. How far into the transition are you?
16 months
2. What's your transition goal? BC in 2 1/2 years or full APL

Last edited:

brg240

1. How far into the transition are you? I am 26 months/113 weeks

2. Whats your transition goal? wl natural hair, 12 -17 months left

LadyMacgyver

1. How far into the transition are you? 1 day from being 1 year relaxer free

2. Whats your transition goal? Not sure but I am hoping for enough growth to put my hair back in a ponytail puff, hopefully I would have lost some weight by then also.. Want a new body to go with my new hair do..

KurlyNinja

OT: but @Chelz everytime I see that picture of that cat in your siggy, im sorry, but I want to kick the ish out of it. :rofl:

brg240

1. How far into the transition are you? 1 day from being 1 year relaxer free

2. Whats your transition goal? Not sure but I am hoping for enough growth to put my hair back in a ponytail puff, hopefully I would have lost some weight by then also.. Want a new body to go with my new hair do..

congrats to making it one year in

I plan to have lost weight by then too.

JBJ

1. How far into the transition are you? I will be 1 year post tomorrow
2. Whats your transition goal? 6 more months

NikkiQ

1. How far into the transition are you? I'll be 8 months on the 23rd of this month

2. Whats your transition goal? I'm shooting for 18-24 months or whenever my natural hair gets to full SL

lacreolegurl

I'm nearly 18 months into my transition. My goal is 2 years minimum (June 2011)...if I can last longer, I may try to make it. I'd like my natural hair to be APL stretched *fingers crossed* before I BC.

Transitioning pics from Sept:

LHCF Pics 092910 020.jpg

LHCF Pics 092910 026.jpg

LHCF Pics 092910 021.jpg

SmilingElephant

YO YO YO IT'S YA GURL SSSSSMMMMMIIIIIIILIN' E!:grinwink:

I got so excited when i saw this thread!:brainy:

Antywayzzzz:D......

I am 7 months post and almost 31 weeks in

My transitioning goals??: I'm waiting to transition about another 17 months (24 total) or at least to where i can put my hair in a decent puff......i am also shooting for WL natural stretched:yep:...in 2013....and after i accomplish that goal i'm just gonna continue to let it grow:yep:

Last edited:

SherylsTresses

1. How far into the transition are you? I am 26 months/113 weeks

2. Whats your transition goal? wl natural hair, 12 -17 months left

Brg240, I can't wait to see your transitioning pics again...!!! It's amazing how much natural and relaxed hair you have. :drool: :yep:

Janet'

Yay Ladies!!!! I was a long-term transitioner myself (2 plus years) so I applaud you for going hard!!!! Happy Hair Growing!!!!

LadyMacgyver

congrats to making it one year in

I plan to have lost weight by then too.

Thanks and lets do this weight thing together.. I really need some motivation

1. How far into the transition are you? I will be 1 year post tomorrow
2. Whats your transition goal? 6 more months

Seems like we are on the same wave length.. On both questions

COngrats..

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'll be 13 months post on the 27th

My goal is to transition at least until 18 months post but preferably until mbl or wl natural

lizzyb168

Wishing everyone success in their transition in 2011!

Dont give up and remember the long beautiful natural hair u will have once u decide its time to big chop!

Imani

16.5 months post

I don't have a goal, just gradually trimming them away. My hair is cut in a layered inverted bob. The back is shorter and has no relaxed hair left. The top and sides have a couple of inches left.

Last edited:

brg240

Brg240, I can't wait to see your transitioning pics again...!!! It's amazing how much natural and relaxed hair you have. :drool: :yep:
thank you so much :D I'll probably be taking some pics at the end of the month.

Thanks and lets do this weight thing together.. I really need some motivation
sure and good luck, i think I'm going to start spending more time in the health and fitness forum. :yep: I often don't feel motivated but I have an image i'm striving for so I'll press on.

Ms. Martina

1.) I am a little over 6 months post(last relaxer was on 6/7/10)

2.) I plan to at least make it to my 12 month mark before doing a BC. However, I have been thinking of going 18 months lately....idk. I'm getting so anxious though, so waiting an additional 6 months might not be an option. Heck, I'm barely patient enough to wait until my 12 month mark:lachen:

I have been cutting test patches so I can see what my hair will look like when it is natural. So far...I like it! It's tempting me to cut it all off, but I must stay strong!:naughty:

bibirockz

1. How far into the transition are you? I'm 19 weeks post

2. Whats your transition goal? the longest I can go, but the minimum being 18 months.

Ijanei

1. How far into the transition are you?
on the 27th of Dec will be 7months in

2. Whats your transition goal?
I plan to reach 18 months then BC (depends on the length of my hair though)

MsWowFactor

1. How far into the transition are you?18 mo
2. Whats your transition goal? all natural mbl.

Just to follow up from my post from this moring in the old thread, i decided to try a new salon today after not going to the hair dresser since July. I am happy with the results. I am getting sick of doing my own hair. Not sure if I will go once or twice a month. I want to continue with my own treatments. She commented on how healthy my hair was. She was surprised since I dont go to a hair dresser on a regular basis.

After she did it I could appreciate my hair a little more because I just cant get my hair to swang like they can. I think I put to much product but I can't help it. Anyway I could really see a difference. It is longer than what I thought and healthy so I guess I have been doing a better job than what I thought.

LaFemmeNaturelle

1. How far into the transition are you?18 mo
2. Whats your transition goal? all natural mbl.

Just to follow up from my post from this moring in the old thread, i decided to try a new salon today after not going to the hair dresser since July. I am happy with the results. I am getting sick of doing my own hair. Not sure if I will go once or twice a month. I want to continue with my own treatments. She commented on how healthy my hair was. She was surprised since I dont go to a hair dresser on a regular basis.

After she did it I could appreciate my hair a little more because I just cant get my hair to swang like they can. I think I put to much product but I can't help it. Anyway I could really see a difference. It is longer than what I thought and healthy so I guess I have been doing a better job than what I thought.

No pics?:nono:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
1. How far into the transition are you? One year next Wednesday
2. Whats your transition goal? 18 months to 2 years. Or when I get to APL stretched

Nothing is set in stone tho. But since this transition had been going smoothly, I might keep transitioning until all the relaxed bits fall off