New *2011* Transitioners Support Thread!

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
@Anonymous1 Welcome to transitioning!

Yeah, the relaxer was just making my ends so raggedy so I had to let it go too.

Good luck! :)

Thanks so much!!! I am breezing through this now. I have fallen in love with curly rollersets and i have been getting compliments all week.

I've found out that since i have changed my mind set about my newgrowth it is much easier to handle. I'm having no shedding as of now and my hair isn't giving me any problems. I know it's still pretty early. I'll be 9 weeks post tomorrow but i would have relaxed by now!

lomaxee

Hi All -

I am going to transition...again. I made it 8 months last time and gave up...after reading on here I can't believe I quit. I was however in a high risk pregnancy so no time to play with hair, work, and grow healthy hair. I'm back now but now I'm a "newbie" again.

I am 6 weeks post.
I'm just going with the flow. Last time I had no desire to BC but I may this time. I think I'm more comfortable with myself now.

Can't wait to enjoy this journey with everyone!

Hi All -

I am going to transition...again. I made it 8 months last time and gave up...after reading on here I can't believe I quit. I was however in a high risk pregnancy so no time to play with hair, work, and grow healthy hair. I'm back now but now I'm a "newbie" again.

I am 6 weeks post.
I'm just going with the flow. Last time I had no desire to BC but I may this time. I think I'm more comfortable with myself now.

Can't wait to enjoy this journey with everyone!

Aw, welcome. Don't beat yourself up over nothing. I'm glad you are here. I hope you and your baby are fine. Take one moment at a time.

kittenz

Hey ladies I'm 40 wks post as of this past Saturday! However today I got tired of the split ends, plus they started splitting further up the hair shaft! So i grabbed the scissors and cut all the relax ends off!

Bye Bye Ladies! I have BCd. :grin:

No I don't have pics. Just wanted to wish you all well.

Congrats on your BCs!!! Can't wait to join you!:grin:

Last edited:

TemptraHairScents

Hi Everyone! I am currently 9 months post and I never thought I would get this far. My goal is at least 24 months. I got to about 7 months post last year, relaxed and IMMEDIATELY regretted it. When I put my hand in my hair, all I felt was my head. There were no little curls to play with and I was annoyed,lol. So, THIS time I am really making an effort to stick to it. Around 6 months, I started to give up, so I went to get it flat-ironed. Again, when all I felt was my head, I was SO relieved that it was temporary and my hair would revert. I'm getting frustrated again, so I'm going to flat-iron in 2 weeks and it will either be the Mizani Thermasmooth or BKT. It helps SO MUCH to be able to read about other people's transitioning struggles and achievements.

I'm definitely going to BC next summer. My relaxed ends are getting SO tangled it's ridiculous. I got my hair braided on the 2nd and I plan to wear these braids until December. I need a break!

TemptraHairScents

I'm definitely going to BC next summer. My relaxed ends are getting SO tangled it's ridiculous. I got my hair braided on the 2nd and I plan to wear these braids until December. I need a break!

That is one of my main problems,too. When I detangle it's one ordeal to get through the new growth, but then a different one to get through the rest of my hair. I see why people BC but I'm just too chicken. Youre lucky you can do braids. For some reason my scalp ,hates weight and tension. I went to Harlem yesterday and bought two natural looking wigs, so hopefully they'll get me through the winter with 2 weeks of wigging and 2 weeks per flat ironsession.

I trimmed my wimpy, relaxed ends a few minutes ago. They were working my nerves. Don't fret. I'm still on my transition, lol. I just wanted to trim away some of the relaxed ends. I'll probably do this again either December or January to keep the tangles and wimpy look away.

lomaxee

I'll be ten weeks post on Wednesday and I'm still kind of breezing through. This is big for me.

You sound like me! I wish time would move faster so I can play with products. I have a few left from my last try. since it wasn't so long ago I guess I will start with those but that's just not as fun!

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
You sound like me! I wish time would move faster so I can play with products. I have a few left from my last try. since it wasn't so long ago I guess I will start with those but that's just not as fun!

Girl i wish I could sleep until in was time to bc:lol: I don't do braids or wigs because my hairline is very fragile and i don't want to lose any progress there. I'm sticking to braidouts, curly rollersets, and ponytails.

TemptraHairScents

I get tempted too, as scared as I normally am of scissors. It's like I'll have this strand of cute,spirally, curly hair and then this stringy thing just dangling from it. Just looks so wrong, lol. Eh well.. 15 more months to go... :)

lomaxee

Girl i wish I could sleep until in was time to bc:lol: I don't do braids or wigs because my hairline is very fragile and i don't want to lose any progress there. I'm sticking to braidouts, curly rollersets, and ponytails.

Ha! :lol: Will I BC yet? Not sure but 18 months will be the month I turn 30 so I'm going to have to stay awake until then and feel young lol.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Oooh me, me, me I'm a brand new transitioner and very proud to say. Actually I am transitioning me & my gilrs hair. Unfortunately I never knew perms were bad for the hair and was very uneducated. But my girls have great hair, I have always taken great care of their hair but never knew there was a much healthier way. So we are all transitioning and have been perm free for almost 2 months. I usually do retouches around this time and get their ends clipped. The weird thing is that I've taken such good care of their hair that I sort of neglected mine over the years. I dont know how to take care of my hair and am learning and have learned alot from this site so far. You ladies are wonderful and very encouraging. So please wish us luck ladies on our journey and hope it takes us 2 years to fully transition without the big chop as of yet. Good thing is I always have kept my girls hair in protective stlyes. Okay I will stop rambling now...I'm just super excited :spinning::grin::drunk:

Oooh me, me, me I'm a brand new transitioner and very proud to say. Actually I am transitioning me & my gilrs hair. Unfortunately I never knew perms were bad for the hair and was very uneducated. But my girls have great hair, I have always taken great care of their hair but never knew there was a much healthier way. So we are all transitioning and have been perm free for almost 2 months. I usually do retouches around this time and get their ends clipped. The weird thing is that I've taken such good care of their hair that I sort of neglected mine over the years. I dont know how to take care of my hair and am learning and have learned alot from this site so far. You ladies are wonderful and very encouraging. So please wish us luck ladies on our journey and hope it takes us 2 years to fully transition without the big chop as of yet. Good thing is I always have kept my girls hair in protective stlyes. Okay I will stop rambling now...I'm just super excited :spinning::grin::drunk:

Welcome! :drunk:

carameldimples

chrisanddonniesmommy I trimmed about 3-4 inches off last night(well I had my DH do it) It felt good and it looks 1000% better, but I did feel a little remorse about loosing my length, I was just inching past BSL(the longest I have ever been prior to that was grazing BSL) so now I am around APL (I think) I am not sure because my hair has not been straightened since March. I think I may get a blow-out around November to assess(I should have an inch or so back by then though) But I am coming up on 11 months post at the moment and my goal is to chop next summer!!!

chrisanddonniesmommy I trimmed about 3-4 inches off last night(well I had my DH do it) It felt good and it looks 1000% better, but I did feel a little remorse about loosing my length, I was just inching past BSL(the longest I have ever been prior to that was grazing BSL) so now I am around APL (I think) I am not sure because my hair has not been straightened since March. I think I may get a blow-out around November to assess(I should have an inch or so back by then though) But I am coming up on 11 months post at the moment and my goal is to chop next summer!!!

The most important thing is to focus on healthy hair, not your length. My ends were wimpy, scraggly, and skinny (not good)! Ugh.

I'm glad to see your progress. Keep it up!!

indarican

so i just went through a good portion of this thread and it has me itching to bc so so sosososososo bad. I am almost 10 months post right now and wanted to get it to 1year less then 10 weeks to go. Im in an install right now but the problem is my head ITCHES!!! i workout quite frequently and i never seem to feel like my scalp is clean which is causing me to want to rip this install out and cut off my relaxed ends!! any tips on how to stop the itches??? I really want to make it till a year even a little more but this is really hard.