Summer 2004 HYDRO Challenge!

blue_flower

It's been almost two months and I'm still drinking 2L a day. The good news is that I don't have to run to the restroom as much as I did before.

Melaninme

Okay, I'm a little late checking in, but count me in for the challenge. I want to get into the habit of drinking 8 - 10 cups a day. Right now I am around 4 - 5 cups a day.

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
<font color="blue"> Summer beings on JUNE 21 and ends SEPTEMBER 22.

Who's in??

Since the daily intake amount of water is widely debated, I'm proposing we drink AT LEAST 32oz of water everyday. Some say everyone should drink at least 64 oz. of water, but based on personal experience, that is too much for me. I read on a website that if you take your weight and divide it by 3, you get a better recommendation for the number of ounces you should drink everyday. For example, if you weigh 120lbs, divide that by 3, and your daily intake of water should be 40 oz. (BTW, that was my scenario, and it worked out better for me).

The benefits of water are phenomenal! Here's some additional info I found about water... </font>

Getting your daily intake of H2O is vital, and although nutritional experts have recently been quibbling the exact quantity of water you should ideally imbibe every day, there are a few facts and benefits that everyone seems to agree on.

Water regulates your body's temperature, cushions the nervous system and get rid of waste... and that’s just for starters. Skin, eyes, hair and nails all reap the rewards of drinking plentiful amounts of water, and conversely, if you suffer from a lack of energy , headaches, bad breath, mood swings and constipation, it’s worth asking yourself if you could increase your water intake.

The trick to drinking enough water is to ensure that reaching for you glass or, if you’re on the move, bottle, becomes a habit. So have a big jug of water on your desk to encourage constant topping up, and always serve water in addition to other drinks at mealtimes. Make sure you always have water at hand when exercising, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
Summer beings on JUNE 21 and ends SEPTEMBER 22.

Who's in??

[/ QUOTE ]OK it's officially summer and I'm already behind. I'm starting today.

ADB

I'm in too
!! I need to start drinking more water anyway
. This will really be hard because I hate water
, but I'll suck it up and complete the challenge. I'm going to try to drink 1L or more a day.

NubianAngel

I am hovering around my goal of 64oz a day. I am sure my coffee addiction doesn't help
but my skin has been withstanding alot of neglect
and I know I have water to thank for that

AceH

<font color="blue"> Hi Ladies! It's been almost 1 month, so how ya doing with the hydro challenge? For me, the challenge has gotten easier! Water is all I drink now, and I'm definately seeing the benefits physically.

Feel free to post your updates here! </font>