Drink Water For Blingin Hair Challenge--Part Deux

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Back by popular demand!!!! :lol: Part deuce of the water drinking challenge! I think it's safe to say that everyone besides morehairplease failed miserably at this :lachen: Let's stick with it this time, girls!

*Copied from original challenge*

I've read about ladies drinking lots of water to make their hair shiny. On top of shiny hair, water helps hydrate your body (including your scalp) so it helps moisturize your hair internally! It also helps with skin issues and helps to shed pounds :yep:

Many of us are dehydrated and don't even know it. We need water ladies!!!

Rule 1: Drink enough water daily. Take your weight, divide by 2, and that's how many ounces you should be drinking daily

Rule 2: Check in daily after you've finished your daily water intake

Rule 3: Post any changes you notice in your hair and body :D

You can also post tips for drinking water like natural ways to add flavor, etc. The challenge will last till the end of September. Let's get our hair and bodies hydrated, girls!!! :fistshake:

"Even if you are hydrating your skin on the outside, proper internal hydration is critical to maintaining total health and function of your precious epidermis. Similarly, your hair and nails will show signs of wear if your body is not getting the proper amount of water. If your nails are dry, brittle, and cracked, and you do not do anything strenuous with your hands to cause a problem with nail health, increasing your water intake could help repair your nails. Hair will be dry and damaged if the follicles are not saturated with enough moisture. The moisture is directly linked to water intake."

Source: http://www.carefair.com/nutr...water_973.html

Review: http://maturenatural.wordpress.com/2...r-hairhealth/

http://forum.hairfinity.com/viewtopic.php?t=324

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip211301.htm

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...t=31069&page=4

Also check out www.watercure.com it makes lots of sense! The basic premise is that since our bodies are primarily water (blood is 80 percent water, bones are like 18 percent water, brain is about 30 percent water--I don't think these are exact numbers, I don't really remember what they were. I'm just improvising :lachen: Go to the website to get the exact percentages) drinking water helps alleviate all kinds of aches and pains. This doctor says that asthma, high blood pressure, back bain, arthritis and more can be cured by drinking enough water. He says if you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated. Check out the FAQ's and water facts. Interesting stuff! :yep:

Last edited:

Mizani_Mrs

ok now this is the one and ONLY challenge that I would ace, so count me in!!! But at any rate i just wanted to encourage you ladies and to also give u a few tips. Get a big 32oz jug and fill it with water, and just sip on it thru the day. Also i notice that when i drink room temp water, that i tend to drink alot as opposed to just a few sips. so try room temp water. And buy one of RealLemon lemon juices, and squirt 1 squirt into your water for a great flavor. I've been doing this so long that I actually prefer water to any other drink.

Demi27

ok now this is the one and ONLY challenge that I would ace, so count me in!!! But at any rate i just wanted to encourage you ladies and to also give u a few tips. Get a big 32oz jug and fill it with water, and just sip on it thru the day. Also i notice that when i drink room temp water, that i tend to drink alot as opposed to just a few sips. so try room temp water. And buy one of RealLemon lemon juices, and squirt 1 squirt into your water for a great flavor. I've been doing this so long that I actually prefer water to any other drink.

Thanks for this tip. I've noticed that when I drink luke warm water, I do much better.

Also, here's something I JUST remembered. Even when I used to drink luke warm water I would always get sick. Well, I remembered I used to do last year when I was drinking water and it works (I NEVER get sick...not even drinking the coldest water ever).

I get a big cup from the cafe at work. They also have fresh cut up fruit. I put some fruit down at the bottom of my cup (peaches, strawberries, pineapple). Then I put ice on top and water. I drink the water SO fast and I drink so much of it (b/c it tastes so good). I think the fruit somehow cuts down on the heartburn. I never get sick and drink A LOT of water throughout the day. I just refill with ice and water. I'm mad I forgot that I did this last year!

I am SOOO doing the challenge this time.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in. Here's hoping I can add another challenge to my siggy. I always wonder how some people can have huge siggies and I have difficulty adding a few words to mine?

Shay72

Natural, 4A

Thanks for tips and I will piggyback off yours. If I fill a 32 oz that is overwhelming to me. I usually take a deer park bottle (16.9 oz) from home to work and just continually refill it. I am part of the water club at work. So this may work for others like me.

Tiffers--Can we add Crystal light packets to our water?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Thanks for tips and I will piggyback off yours. If I fill a 32 oz that is overwhelming to me. I usually take a deer park bottle (16.9 oz) from home to work and just continually refill it. I am part of the water club at work. So this may work for others like me.

Tiffers--Can we add Crystal light packets to our water?

Nope, nothing artificial. Just water and fruit :grin:

SpiritJunkie

Count me in please! I've already started to do this but doing a challenge will make me more accountable.

More water..more water!!

SweetSpirit86

Checking in! 65oz, but sitting at 89 lol...grabbed my Simply Orange jug and filled it with water:lachen:First day, so no changes to report as of yet. :drunk:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Restocked on my water. I'm known to always have at least 1 case in my car. Anyways I will start tomorrow.

prettykinks

Today I filled a 96oz bottle with water and my goal is to drink it everyday. So far I have finished half of the bottle and I have the rest of the day to finish the rest. Good luck ladies. Drink water!

prettykinks

I actually finished my 96oz bottle of water today! I am happy. I should be drinking a few more ounces but I have to get used to this amount first.