Supreme Court to Decide on Same Sex Marriage

Belle Du Jour

Ladies, the march may be over but the battle is still raging. Please continue to lift SCOTUS up in prayer as they deliberate over this decision. We won't get a decision probably until June. We cannot slumber on this issue. Keep praying!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
CNN...don't know the names of the contributors...Shroeder and another. Well, a bigot is another thing and goes beyond just believing in traditional marriage.

And I WISH they would not bring up African Americans in this.
It it not the same thing.

Bandwagon jumping...create your own very platform, thank you very much! If you can stand, then stand. But don't jump on the boat that is already full.

Have your civil unions...but stop with all this talk about equating this with women and minorities. Nothing burns my tuchis more!

It's not the same.

The devil has never been an originator :nono: he is an imposter, he plagerizes, he steals, he lies, therefore he can never create his own platform; he can only 'steal' from another.

God's Word is clear about him being a thief, who comes to kill, steal and to destroy. he entire goal is to kill, steal and to destroy / defile marriage.

Yet... he cannot prevail; for marriage is not his to redesign and it never will be his. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'll be back later but SCOTUS reportedly does not think this is a constitutional issue and that the states should decide. At least that's what i heard. Praying they realize they cannot redefine marriage!!!

This is true. I'm sensing that they will not rule on this. They can't. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
Today is the day?

The media is so biased! They would have you think no one showed up to support traditional marriage. I beg to differ :grin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/franciscanuniversity/8591865449/

You will NOT see this in the media

Video from today:
http://www.nomblog.com/34136/

Beautiful! Praise God! :amen:

Shimmie

Staff member
You will NOT see this in the media

Video from today:
http://www.nomblog.com/34136/

Lady Belle.... THANK YOU!

Remember up thread, when I shared that thousands of gays do not support gay marriage. At 2:25 in the video, the gentleman, Doug Mainwaring (former SSM supporter), is sharing his support for Traditional Marriage, One Man, One Woman.

God bless you Sir. God bless you for standing for the truth in spite of the oppostion. Father God, bless this man, bless him in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :yep: He's our Rahab and I mean this most respectfully, most respectfully indeed. To those who know the role of Rahab and how she supported the children of God and God 'saved her' in the midst of the battle... this is how I see this gentleman, Mr. Doug Mainwaring and others like him.

There are as many gays who support and stay with us than we realize. God bless them and deliver them, indeed.

Praise God! God always confirms, what I share, always. Praise God forever.

Shimmie

Staff member
I had a good feeling about this today, but June is still far away. . .And it only takes one swing vote. :rolleyes:

That one 'swing' in our direction. Their arms are not big or long enough to 'box' with God.

God hears our prayers and the hearts within. God has promised that if we ask anything in His Name and according to His Will, He will do it.

I love it. :love3: Love it :love3: Love it :love3:

Praise God. Pray unceasingly... for God hears the 'cry' of His children. Always.

momi

CNN...don't know the names of the contributors...Shroeder and another. Well, a bigot is another thing and goes beyond just believing in traditional marriage. And I WISH they would not bring up African Americans in this. It it not the same thing. Bandwagon jumping...create your own very platform, thank you very much! If you can stand, then stand. But don't jump on the boat that is already full. Have your civil unions...but stop with all this talk about equating this with women and minorities. Nothing burns my tuchis more! It's not the same.

You have typed a mouthful!

They can't make the case on their own merits so they hijack true civil rights. Civil rights folks have fought, died, and bled for.

momi

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie - I've been meaning to tell you that I had a chance to listen to an interview with Rosaria Butterfield. She wept hearing her beautiful story of conversion...

I have to say that it caused me to examine myself and make sure that while I am zealous about this issue (and will continue to be), there are also so many souls at stake that are lost in this lifestyle.

https://generationswithvision.com/broadcast/lesbian-feminist-to-christian-homeschool-mom/

momi, thanks so much about sharing this (the bolded). This is why I emphasize 'gay agenda' and not gay individuals. It's not a 'personal' attack upon any individual who is gay. It's the 'agenda' and those who are enforcing it and the methods and lies that they are using, that take issue with. Full issue without a stutter.

The gentleman that I mentioned up thread, Mr. Doug Mainwaring (who is gay and a former SSM supporter); this man has been on my heart so strong and others like him who stand with us. I prayed for him because in spite of his support for traditional marriage, he still has to yet endure the harshness and the cruelty and the slanders and the firey darts that are tossed against him. I praise God for this man's life and for his heart. I cannot turn my back on him and others who share his sentiments that stand with us.

Thank you again for sharing this momi. I mean this from my heart. Please pray for Mr. Mainwaring. I call him 'Mr.' with all respect for surely he is indeed worthy of it. Worthy indeed.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Supreme Court...

"Uncharted Waters"

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_new...sue-sweeping-ruling-on-same-sex-marriage?lite

Belle Du Jour :giveheart:

God has confirmed what we shared up thread.

--------------------

Notes from the article:

This comment is striking: "When did that happen?"

During the argument, Justice Antonin Scalia was the one justice who voiced the most skepticism about the argument that limiting marriage to heterosexual couples is a violation of the Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause.

He said to Olson, “I'm curious, when did it become unconstitutional to exclude homosexual couples from marriage? 1791? 1868, when the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted? Was it always unconstitutional?”

Olson replied that “when we as a culture determined that sexual orientation is a characteristic of individuals that they cannot control” then at that point limiting marriage became unconstitutional.

Scalia then asked, “When did that happen?”

Olson responded, “There's no specific date in time. This is an evolutionary cycle.”

At another point Chief Justice John Roberts asked Olson whether those seeking to strike down Proposition 8 were interested only in the label “marriage,” since the state of California already grants same-sex couples almost all the legal protections and rights provided to heterosexual married couples.

“So it's just about the label in this case,” Roberts said.

“The label "marriage" means something,” Olson answered.
-----------------
-----------------

Ai yi yi... yi yi

The gay agenda never had a case. A smoking gun with no bullets; and it's the gay agenda choking on their own smoke.

I truly see this backfired upon them. God only allows the devil to go but so far and the devil always loses; he has no truth nor ground to stand upon. he is not honouring God.

Belle Du Jour

I am so disgusted by the number of people in my FB feed who chose to "come out" and support gay marriage. Some of these people self-identify as Christian. NO ONE in my feed stood up for traditional marriage. I was the lone (probably seen as crazy) voice crying in the wilderness LOL. The Book says that men will be given over to their own lustful desires and that's exactly what's happening.

beingofserenity

Marriage is NOT a religious institution, particularly a Christian institution. Christians DO NOT have a monopoly on determining what marriage is for everyone else.

MrsHaseeb

Marriage is NOT a religious institution, particularly a Christian institution. Christians DO NOT have a monopoly on determining what marriage is for everyone else.

God absolutely loves homosexuals, that's why his Word says to repent, meaning turn from the sin. Love tells people something is wrong to save them in the end. Hate is telling someone something is ok (or supporting them) when our holy God calls it an abomination. God ordained marriage and it is sacred. It is supposed to be a picture of Christ and his church. He created male and female. To call same sex union "a marriage" is blasphemous. There is no other way. One thing I can assure you of is this: anyone coming out in support of homosexual marriage is not a Christian, they are a liar.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I'm PROUD of all the Christians who have come out in support of gay marriage. :) God loves us all.

Yes, God loves ALL mankind.

He is a God of love...BUT, He is also a God of justice!

The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob will NOT tolerate SIN...especially habitual sin. Habitual sin is a pattern of disobedience to God. It requires the knowledge that what you are doing is wrong, yet you continue to sin despite knowing the consequences.

There isn't two different God's....one who says one thing and one who says something else. Yahweh says what He means and means what He says! We can't go around saying what He won't do because of sin, when He says what He will do because of it. We don't have any control...He has all control...even if people don't think so because of what is going on in the world...but He does! He is giving man a chance to repent because HE WANTS ALL MEN TO COME TO REPENTANCE AND NO ONE TO PERISH!

Nice & Wavy

God absolutely loves homosexuals, that's why his Word says to repent, meaning turn from the sin. Love tells people something is wrong to save them in the end. Hate is telling someone something is ok (or supporting them) when our holy God calls it an abomination. God ordained marriage and it is sacred. It is supposed to be a picture of Christ and his church. He created male and female. To call same sex union "a marriage" is blasphemous. There is no other way. One thing I can assure you of is this: anyone coming out in support of homosexual marriage is not a Christian, they are a liar.
Yes, this right here:yep:

Galadriel

Yes, God loves ALL mankind.

He is a God of love...BUT, He is also a God of justice!

The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob will NOT tolerate SIN...especially habitual sin. Habitual sin is a pattern of disobedience to God. It requires the knowledge that what you are doing is wrong, yet you continue to sin despite knowing the consequences.

There isn't two different God's....one who says one thing and one who says something else. Yahweh says what He means and means what He says! We can't go around saying what He won't do because of sin, when He says what He will do because of it. We don't have any control...He has all control...even if people don't think so because of what is going on in the world...but He does! He is giving man a chance to repent because HE WANTS ALL MEN TO COME TO REPENTANCE AND NO ONE TO PERISH!

They want a God without holiness, who tolerates sin and stays out of the way. "We don't want God telling us what to do or how to live!"

This is why Christ died on the Cross--to free us from sin and save us from Hell.

This is why Christ established the Church--so we can preach and witness to the Truth.

Their minds have been darkened by sin and attachment to sin, and they strive against God's plan, but it will be to no avail.

Live.Laugh.Love

Threads like this honestly make me wonder why the AA community is not more REPUBLICAN...the Republican Party aligns with most AA family values, they are not for gay marriage but the democrats are. There are a whole list of traditional values that the repub party holds but we as blacks completely block them out.

FYI I am not a repub but I will be doing more research on all there policies and beliefs...

Nice & Wavy

Marriage IS the HIGHEST INSTITUTION ON EARTH! The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob absolutely created marriage for HIS GLORY and because it's that important to Him, satan wants to distort it through the mind of man.

Man needs to understand that he can be easily manipulated like a puppet by the devil when he is WITHOUT JESUS CHRIST! When you are truly in Christ, you have the MIND OF CHRIST and hold the thoughts, feelings and purposes of His heart and in His heart is NO SIN!

So, as Christians...we have been given by the CREATOR OF MARRIAGE a mandate to be with One man One woman and procreate round-about our tables for the purpose of giving Him the glory.

What God says is true and everything everyone else has to say that is contrary to what He has to say, is a lie.

ETA:
From Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
in·sti·tu·tion

noun \ˌin(t)-stə-ˈtü-shən, -ˈtyü-\

Definition of INSTITUTION

: an act of instituting : establishment

a : a significant practice, relationship, or organization in a society or culture <the institution of marriage>

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

They want a God without holiness, who tolerates sin and stays out of the way. "We don't want God telling us what to do or how to live!"

This is why Christ died on the Cross--to free us from sin and save us from Hell.

This is why Christ established the Church--so we can preach and witness to the Truth.

Their minds have been darkened by sin and attachment to sin, and they strive against God's plan, but it will be to no avail.
Amen...amen!

I didn't know about this smiley...must use this one!

Belle Du Jour

With all due respect, that is a lie from the pit of hell. Before the foundation of the earth, God existed. God created everything, including marriage, not the other way around. No one has the authority to change it. And no amount of dressing gay "marriage" up will make it a marriage in the sight of God. A union between 2 men or 2 women can and never will be a reflection of the triune Godhead, never be life-bearing and never bear fruit. Sodomy, as with other sexual sins, is lying with the body. It can never be blessed through the sacrament of marriage.

FlyyBohemian

Threads like this honestly make me wonder why the AA community is not more REPUBLICAN...the Republican Party aligns with most AA family values, they are not for gay marriage but the democrats are. There are a whole list of traditional values that the repub party holds but we as blacks completely block them out.

FYI I am not a repub but I will be doing more research on all there policies and beliefs...

Why vote for someone that does not like you? I may agree with you, but if you don't like me, your not getting my support.

Nice & Wavy

I want to share this from the book entitled: "Satan, You Can't Have My Marriage!" by Iris Delgado

"We fight in a spiritual war that can only be waged with spiritual weapons. Satan and his demons would like nothing better than to disrupt our relationships (Marriage) and break up our families. Every home is a target. We cannot remain passive."

Nice & Wavy

This is so beyond political systems. Remember, it was President Clinton that instituted the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). President Obama lied and said that he believed marriage was between a man and a woman, just so that he could get the votes he needed to become POTUS...and not just the evangelical vote, [because there were many evangelicals who did not allow the wool of his lies to be pulled over their eyes] and when he got what he wanted, his tongue twisted and now what he always felt has surfaced.

There are many repubs who also are coming in defense of this suppose gay marriage act. People who are of both sides are falling by the wayside. I didn't vote either this past election...God gave me a 'Ram in the Bush' and I was truly blessed.

This fight isn't political...its a spiritual war that no matter what it looks like, THE BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST WIN IN THE END!!!

Hallelujah...Glory to the Lord Most High!!!

JaneBond007

I think Clinton should have shut up recently. He signed the thing 14 years ago and retracts himself now? What does that say? He thinks he was discriminatory in supporting traditional marriage and not same-sex unions? He passed a bill that was in the interest of the people who voted him in and then changed his mind? I believe that politicians must stand by their word. Either they made a stupid choice or they vascillated between beliefs. THat's not how you run office. Made a decision and stick with it...but first, believe in your decision. SMH.