Sweetcocoa...how do you...

nita4

store your shea butter. I received mine this week in a baggie. I know someone asked this already, but Sweetcocoa is the shea butter queen. Should I take out the bag? And where should I store? Thanks

pmichael52172

Butting in with my nosey self.... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I have left mine in the bag until I'm ready to make another batch of whatever... granted I use the butter daily on hair & skin so it doesn't stay in there too long.

One time I did transfer it all to one of those glad containers and that keeps just fine.

Okay now, Sweetcocoa... the floor is yours. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

nita4

Your not butting in....isn't that the whole purpose of a "hair board" to share information?? Thanks. One other question... Do you store on a shelf or refrigerate? This is my first time using and I don't want it to go rancid on me.

sweetcocoa

I do the same as Patrice...I store it in the baggie in the bottom of the fridge, in the 'crisper'(taking out enough for each 'batch' I mix up). Once I mix it up(after melting it down to mix with oils), I let it harden in the refrigerator, and then I like to use it at room temperature. If I just want to use some pure shea butter(no oils mixed in it) I use it straight from the bag.

pmichael52172

Actually, I've never stored mine in the fridge. I have always kept it in my armoire with my other hair and skin products. The only time I refrigerate it is when it's melted down and mixed with oils and I want it to harden up.

Once it's hard, like "Sweets" I take it out and let it sit at room temp. Once room temp I keep it on my shelf.
I guess it just depends on how much you buy, how often you use it and so on.