Taliah waajid The Great Detangler

LuvlyRain3

I'm at my local bss staring at the product right now. The owner said that they just got it in two days ago. I googled it and found a couple of reviews but I was wondering if anybody on lhcf has tried it. Here's a pic.

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/uplo...he-great-detangler-leave-in-conditioner-8.jpg

The Great Detangler Eliminates tangles on contact. Softens hair, defines curl pattern. Stops breakage while combing curly, kinky, coily and wavy hair. Hair Detangler is rich with moisturizers, protein and conditioners.* Coats and protects hair while softening.* For best results, use the complete line of Black Earth Products Directions: Use on wet or dry hair. Separate a section of hair.* Apply a liberal amount of Hair Detangler.* Use fingers to work the product through the hair to loosen the tangles. Use a medium to large tooth comb. Start at the ends of the hair.* Comb through up to the scalp and through tangles. Style as desired

SexySin985

Wow, I never heard of it... I LOVE her Protective Mist Bodifyer:yep: So this may be a great addition... I hope more ladies chime in.

ajargon02

Wow, I never heard of it... I LOVE her Protective Mist Bodifyer:yep: So this may be a great addition... I hope more ladies chime in.

I ONLY use the bodifyer from her line. They sell many of the items from her line at Target and CVS now. Same ingredients and for me, since I buy it in the 32oz size getting 56oz for $35 is a better deal then the 32 oz bottle from her.......
some of the best stuff on earth! ESPECIALLY as a base for my kimmaytube leave-in :D:yep:

Evolving78

i use the Detangler, it similar to Knot Today. i love it, but i use it for my kids. get moisturizer and detangler. i've had no problems with it.

faithVA

I haven't seen it yet but I will pick it up as soon as I locate it. I use the mist bodifier and the lock it up which works really well on my twist. So I am willing to try something else from this line.

LuvlyRain3

I bought the detangler...... And the protective mist bodifier. Sadly I didn't really need either of them. I don't even know how I ended up at the bss. I was suppose to be going to mcdonalds for a smoothie :perplexed: oh Jeebus please save me from my pj sins!

Here's a comparison pic of the two

They seem to be two very different products. I like the smell of the detangler better. The mist smells coconuty. I hate that smell. Plus the detangler has a creamier consistency. I'll be back with a review later in the day.

Demi27

When I went to the BSS this week, the lady behind the counter gave me this as a sample, but I wasn't too sure about it. I'll have to try it when I wash my hair again this weekend.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I just stocked up on the mist bodifier I didn't see the detangler at the cvs I went to. :look:

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

LuvlyRain3

Sorry ladies I got caught up in some things.

OK I love this product. I honestly didn't expect it to work well because its kind of on the thick side to be a detangler. In my experiences when something is labeled as a detangler its usually thin or somewhat liquidy. My hair feels really soft and detangling didn't take long at all. I used an extra wide tooth comb and my modified denman. It took about 15 minutes.
I love the smell. It's somewhat fruity, I can't put my finger on it but its definitely a tolerable scent. Overall I think its a keeper. I'll have to use it a few more times before I can know for sure.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Just purchased this today. Will be using later tonight and I'll be back with a review also.

Starronda

Used this on wet and dry hair...both times, left my hair super soft. Tonight I'll be using it with my baggy. So far so good!

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I saw this at a Natural hair show and spoke to the rep at the TW booth. She said it's basically the same detangler they have in the kids line. If that's really the case Im sure it's great I used to use it on my daughters 4b hair all the time. It really moisturizes. Im not sure whay I stopped useing it becasue it works.

Uniqzoe

I ONLY use the bodifyer from her line. They sell many of the items from her line at Target and CVS now. Same ingredients and for me, since I buy it in the 32oz size getting 56oz for $35 is a better deal then the 32 oz bottle from her.......
some of the best stuff on earth! ESPECIALLY as a base for my kimmaytube leave-in :D:yep:

Where do you buy the 56oz for $35?

ajargon02

Where do you buy the 56oz for $35?

Oh sorry about that I should have clarified.

Buying the 32oz bottle from the TW site is: Subtotal: $20.00 Shipping & Handling: $12.32 Estimated Tax: $0.00 Total: $32.32( https://www.naturalhair.org/cart.aspx )

I get the individual 8oz bottles from Target at $7 out the door. So for me to get 5 of the 8oz bottles ( a total of 56oz ) for $35 that I have in hand, no waiting, is a much better deal.

More product, no waiting, less money = happy Aj :D :yep:

demlew

I'm relaxed and I like the Detangler because I can use it on wet or dry hair - like NTM silk touch. I haven't used it the way they say to, but as a creamy leave-in before sealing with cocasta oil. It's a fruity smell (similar to Elasta QP or Big League chew gum lol). It's thick, but it doesn't coat the hair.

Missjae09

Like a lot of the ladies who have chimed in, I too have been eying this product and I've been trying not to buy it because I am a true PJ to my heart! lol

chebaby

i used this product a while ago and while i thought it was ok i found it very greasy. i no longer have a use for it as i no longer twist my hair. before i would use it to detangle dry hair after twists before i shampooed.

Starronda

This is officially my leave in of choice now. Great results each time! I think it has a little protein in it, so hopefully my hair is gonna be ok with that.

EmeRaldPrinXess

5 of 8oz bottles is 40oz not 56oz :grin::grin::yep: but ur right, It's a better deal than $32.32 for 32oz

Oh sorry about that I should have clarified.

Buying the 32oz bottle from the TW site is: Subtotal: $20.00 Shipping & Handling: $12.32 Estimated Tax: $0.00 Total: $32.32( https://www.naturalhair.org/cart.aspx )

I get the individual 8oz bottles from Target at $7 out the door. So for me to get 5 of the 8oz bottles ( a total of 56oz ) for $35 that I have in hand, no waiting, is a much better deal.

More product, no waiting, less money = happy Aj :D :yep: