Taren Guy Vs Natural Hair Show

YvetteWithJoy

On break
LSA has at minimum 7 threads on this chick.

I am drowning in tea,
The shade like outer space.
Done...

OMG. I haven't deeply dived in because I don't think I'm ready. I glanced at the first 3 pages of posts at that LHCF thread link liked above and was like :sad:.

I'm kind of interested because I want to learn about my own gullibility: I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, focus on the positive, etc., etc. I wasn't a stan or even a fan or anything, but I did really enjoy her videos years ago.

I did not detect ANY of this craziness, and I am just sitting here like, "C'mon, Yvette. Learn discernment from this."

She has a LOT of strengths, but something seems to be getting in the way of them being exhibited purely and to her good, pure advantage and that of others. Can she have personal insight, work to CHANGE, and move forward? You're only young and attractive and fresh and all of that for so long.

I don't think I'm going to read anymore about her, but just pray she starts seeing things, life, people, and tasks differently. I am SO GRATEFUL I didn't google and that the short story and the LHCF link were provided. Thanks!!!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I'm kind of interested because I want to learn about my own gullibility: I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, focus on the positive, etc., etc. I wasn't a stan or even a fan or anything, but I did really enjoy her videos years ago.

I did not detect ANY of this craziness, and I am just sitting here like, "C'mon, Yvette. Learn discernment from this."
I think I watched one of her early videos, the first one when Anthony Dickey did her hair, but she did not hold my interest; I wanted to see his method and understand what the fuss was.

I tend to be drawn to those who are practical, blunt (without being too crass), silly, humble (without overdoing it), and doesn't take his/herself too seriously. Actually, charisma annoys me, like why do you need to project yourself onto me and what do you want.

IMO, discernment involves taking in the whole "atmosphere" of a situation, being able to analyze physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually without zoning out in any of the the adverbs I just mentioned. Like faith and building muscle, it has to be worked, tested, and used on the regular to be effective. The trick is to be balanced; humans by nature prefer extremes.

And I am stopping here because this ain't the place for it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I think I watched one of her early videos, the first one when Anthony Dickey did her hair, but she did not hold my interest; I wanted to see his method and understand what the fuss was.

I tend to be drawn to those who are practical, blunt (without being too crass), silly, humble (without overdoing it), and doesn't take his/herself too seriously. Actually, charisma annoys me, like why do you need to project yourself onto me and what do you want.

IMO, discernment involves taking in the whole "atmosphere" of a situation, being able to analyze physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually without zoning out in any of the the adverbs I just mentioned. Like faith and building muscle, it has to be worked, tested, and used on the regular to be effective. The trick is to be balanced; humans by nature prefer extremes.

Well, it may not be the place for it, but I appreciate it so much, though, @Sharpened! :kiss:

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
i always thought she looked like a hooker. like is not something you can wash off, its not makeup or styling. she just has a certain facial look that many hookers have :look:.
she has an immoral face. I think its mainly the pelican jaw and her lips. and something about her eyes.
I think she's pretty though.
This might be the most savage post I've read all year on here.

Britt

I agree! And I can't even really explain it. It's just so natural to me as breathing. I pick up vibes, slight nuances, facial expressions, the eyes, the little things people say, their reactions... it all just comes together to me in a way where I can see past everything flying out their mouth or the image they are trying to portray and I can see their intentions or type of person they are. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I'm rarely wrong too and when I am, it throws me for a loop lol. I want to give people the benefit of doubt and see the good, but I can't overlook the obvious, which may not be blatantly so.

niknakmac

Some people just do. Even long before I knew about her dastardly deeds I thought she looked like a whore lol.
It all makes sense considering her face. It's just not a face one can or should trust :look:.

I know what you mean sort of. I have a very hard time trusitng people with crooked smiles. Their face just screams to me to not belive anything that comes out of their mouth.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I agree! And I can't even really explain it. It's just so natural to me as breathing. I pick up vibes, slight nuances, facial expressions, the eyes, the little things people say, their reactions... it all just comes together to me in a way where I can see past everything flying out their mouth or the image they are trying to portray and I can see their intentions or type of person they are. I don't want to sound arrogant, but I'm rarely wrong too and when I am, it throws me for a loop lol. I want to give people the benefit of doubt and see the good, but I can't overlook the obvious, which may not be blatantly so.
Yup, yup! I have had plenty of "gut checks" around people who were later to be found out as literally (and some certifiably) crazy. Also, there are certain behaviors that repeat themselves among humans, making it easy to predict what may happen next. My youthful "I told you so," gradually morphed into a more mature, "I tried to tell you," as I learned the hard way people hate and/or are terrified at being wrong.

Now, I admit my discernment is not perfectly (whose is), but that is where other people's discernment can help. For example, my DH will point out a behavior I missed and I did not realize he was even paying attention (his memory sucks...LOL). It is so easy to get snagged in the negative, positive, general opinions, etc.; it take effort to reach for a balance, seek other POVs, and accept correction.

Britt

Yup, yup! I have had plenty of "gut checks" around people who were later to be found out as literally (and some certifiably) crazy. Also, there are certain behaviors that repeat themselves among humans, making it easy to predict what may happen next. My youthful "I told you so," gradually morphed into a more mature, "I tried to tell you," as I learned the hard way people hate and/or are terrified at being wrong.

Now, I admit my discernment is not perfectly (whose is), but that is where other people's discernment can help. For example, my DH will point out a behavior I missed and I did not realize he was even paying attention (his memory sucks...LOL). It is so easy to get snagged in the negative, positive, general opinions, etc.; it take effort to reach for a balance, seek other POVs, and accept correction.
YESSSSS! Because I have blind spots by own opinions and feelings on things so sometimes I like to get the gut feeling or view from someone else. It's finding that balance.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
People sure hate this woman.

YouTube is full of sociopathic scammers, she definitely not alone if that's the true case.
I found this shocking. I'm not a fan, but the venomous comments on YouTube and IG blew me away. They have NO problem telling her exactly how they feel about her. It's just bizarre to me.

She removed her "get the f&*( out and don't come back" video. And removed the clip from IG. I found it quite funny.

lux10023

Thats my thing
Take care of your kids or use birth control
You smart enough to scam ppl them be smart enough to do better!

Don't bring children into your life if you can't enrich theirs

I don't care about any other rumors about ole girl but she lost me on not doing right by her kids.

That's horrible on all accords.

As I'm reading this, I'm thinking geez this sounds just like her from all the tea that's been spilled.

I swear I forget she's a mom. The one thing I can't look past is all the mess I've heard about her kids. The fact that she's not there for them, and that tea is quite believable b/c there's no way a mom of 4 could be traveling and gallivanting the way she does, her kids can't be in her life. This breaks my heart the most... the KIDS. How does that instinct not kick in? How could you be on such a spiritual quest and a spiritual journey and this main part of your life doesn't come up? She's constantly seeking and searching for something. The dreds won't last long either. It's just another phase.

Britt

Thats my thing
Take care of your kids or use birth control
You smart enough to scam ppl them be smart enough to do better!

Don't bring children into your life if you can't enrich theirs

I don't care about any other rumors about ole girl but she lost me on not doing right by her kids.

That's horrible on all accords.
Exactly!
The fact that she's so disconnected from them and kept having them -- insane! And the two older boys have autism. She found Jesus in one of her videos but I wondered, did you find your kids?!?

toaster

I'm so glad someone posted that. I saw her instagram video and rolled my eyes so hard.

Also her "boyfriend" posted a birthday message for her talking about "it's not when I'll propose, it's when you'll say yes." Never mind that they were "engaged" when she was pregnant with his child.

I'm usually on team "you do you and I'll do me" but Taren irks me with her constant metamorphosis that never sticks. She's always something new and it comes across as disingenuous.

AgeinATL

I'm so glad someone posted that. I saw her instagram video and rolled my eyes so hard.

Also her "boyfriend" posted a birthday message for her talking about "it's not when I'll propose, it's when you'll say yes." Never mind that they were "engaged" when she was pregnant with his child.

I'm usually on team "you do you and I'll do me" but Taren irks me with her constant metamorphosis that never sticks. She's always something new and it comes across as disingenuous.

So many emotions....
:rolleyes:......then o_O......then :angry2:........and finally :barf:

The entire background of their 'love' really disgusts me, so I'm gonna just :abducted: