Testimony: Bunning works

Lucia

OK I see this girl everyday and she never, ever wears her hair down she's got a 2c/3a type. For months and months she has it wrapped around in this semi-snug bun, now this week, WATCAAAAAA :lol: she whips out the ponytail and the ponytail is WSL. :eek:
I couldn't believe my eyes, cause her hair def. does not look that long in the bun, then again you can't tell. So once I'm out of braids I'm back to bunning for sure.

loveable37

I am a firm believer tha bun does grow ur hair ,look at mines i never wore my hair down maybe once this style keep me from doin anything to my hair but
wash
deep conditioning
airdrying
bun
no more no lease also it helps me in not bein a PRODUCT JUNKIE fo sho.:D

LocksOfLuV

texasgrl said:
Bunning is the truth not to mention easy as pie.

Ditto, I can't believe I actually retain all of my length. I relaxed last night and I couldn't believe it. I love it. That was just enough for me to continue on for another 3 mos! I was feeling down about buns for a second there.

Miss*Tress

I don't pull my hair back tightly nor brush it too hard, but then again I don't mind a bit of frizz.

Naphy

Yeah bunning is definetly a great method ! It allowed me to grow my hair from neck lenght to 2 inches above APL.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have seen how bunning has worked for so many ladies here at LHCF (Chicoro, HoneyLemonDrop, Carlie, and more!). My hair isn't long enough to do just one bun, however, yesterday I found out my hair can fit into two buns! I was so excited. :D Now, I plan on wearing two buns and once I get more length, I'll wear one bun. This style is so much more easier and lower maintenance than twists, twistouts, and shake & gos. All I do is detangle my hair in two sections one at a time, rinse, then put each side into a bun under running shower water, and I'm good to go! :weird:

KiniKakes

Omg, i cant say ENOUGH about bunning!!! It has enabled me to grow my hair to nearly MBL when nothing else has worked, and i mean nothing! I plan to bun during the weekdays, wear out on weekends, for the remainder of my life.......... becuase ive grown to love bunning and i think it can actually look nice. :)

shunta

KiniKakes said:
Omg, i cant say ENOUGH about bunning!!! It has enabled me to grow my hair to nearly MBL when nothing else has worked, and i mean nothing! I plan to bun during the weekdays, wear out on weekends, for the remainder of my life.......... becuase ive grown to love bunning and i think it can actually look nice. :)
Exactly! Just throw on some cute dangly earrings and a little gloss and Im good to go. You can make protective styling look really good if you want to.:)

BrooklynSouth

shunta said:
Exactly! Just throw on some cute dangly earrings and a little gloss and Im good to go. You can make protective styling look really good if you want to.:)

'Not to mention' {kinda silly phrase isn't it?} the jewelry--pins,side combs, jeweled sticks one can add to the hair for even more sparkle and surprise:look: . Buns and frenchies allow you to look polished and together.Want a little more drama {?}then allow a few loose tendrils.

LocksOfLuV

lonesomedove said:
How do you guys save your edges when bunning?

It's easy to for me. No brushing and no tight ponytails. If I feel the slightest sense of tugging i will redo the bun. It's just not worth it.

The only time I do tight ponies is when I am wearing my straight phony phonies and I know the pony won't be in for more than 4 hours. Then after I leave the even that's the first thing I remove.

ChasingBliss

shunta said:

You sure can. And you're gaining length in the process. I cannot praise bunning enough. But there will come a time when I will slack off just a little. Just as soon as I reach that full waist length mark :lol:...

HollyGolightly

Bunning just doesn't work for me. I've bunned for most of the last two years, and my hair is actually 3 inches shorter than when I started! I hardly use heat (maybe 3 times a month), I deep condition once a week, and I airdry my hair. I think that airdrying may be what's causing my hair loss. Whenever I airdry in a bun, I get frazzled ends that break easily.

I'm about to give up on buns and go back to rollersets, they're the only thing that worked for me. :(

Miss*Tress

Keisha_gurl, air drying may be causing the problem! I roller set and wear my hair in a bun the following day. The bun is a style that protects the hair, not a drying method.

indefinite

Keisha_gurl said:
Bunning just doesn't work for me. I've bunned for most of the last two years, and my hair is actually 3 inches shorter than when I started! I hardly use heat (maybe 3 times a month), I deep condition once a week, and I airdry my hair. I think that airdrying may be what's causing my hair loss. Whenever I airdry in a bun, I get frazzled ends that break easily.

I'm about to give up on buns and go back to rollersets, they're the only thing that worked for me. :(

Same here. In order for me to bun for the week. I still have to blow dry. When I air dry, for some reason my hair wants to pop.