Bunning Challenge 2010?

beautyaddict1913

I want to join...I bunned my hair today....its between sl and apl....see straightened in avatar....so its not wrap around length like most of you ladies....but I did it the old fashion way...I tucked the end into the ouchless rubberband...first I sprayed my hair with water and glycerine, then I used hair mayo to condition it and aloe vera gel to control the edges and frizzies....so does ouchless (no metal) elastics promote breakage?? and tucking the ends into the elastic on the last wrap around is not good for the ends is it? are bobby pins better when it comes to securing the ends?

wofford16

I had to use up some passes this week :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I used my Maxiglide for the first time since my BC (July, 2009) and I kind of got a little woody over the swang. I was seriously suffering from Hand in Hair Disease. My goodness I can't believe how healthy and thick my hair is so I wore it down at work on Tuesday and received so many compliments. I wore it in a bun on Wednesday and DH gave me the side eye while I was putting it up so I left it down today for him and quite possibly tomorrow then I will be back to my bun...

Gotta keep my eye on the prize. :grin:

BostonMaria

I usually don't bun on the weekend but today I did. I went to the gym and spent an hour on the treadmill. When I left there my cute ponytail was a HUGE PUFF. I didn't feel like doing my hair today since I spent the day dying my oldest DD's hair so I slapped my hair up in a bun. I will deal with my frizz tomorrow.

Last week I was sick with a stomach virus that's going around and I had my hair up in a bun for days. Couldn't even wash my hair for 8 days I was so sick. Thank God for coffee butter which can be to slick my hair back, kinda like shea butter. Its very moisturizing and I love the smell.

I hope everyone else is doing ok with their bunning! Its been over a month for me now. I try not to get too militant about it though. If I want to leave my hair down one day I do allow myself. Pretty soon it'll start getting muggy out and leaving my hair down won't be an option.

Last edited:

ckisland

I know I'm really late, but could I join too? :look:

I'm going to be bunning everyday until May, when I'll do a length check, but I'll probably bun for the rest of the year at least 5 days a week. I want MBL something terrible and I'm hoping regular cowashes and bunning will get me there. If I don't notice some nice growth in May I might change up my routine by throwing in some heat :spinning:.

BostonMaria

I know I'm really late, but could I join too? :look:

I'm going to be bunning everyday until May, when I'll do a length check, but I'll probably bun for the rest of the year at least 5 days a week. I want MBL something terrible and I'm hoping regular cowashes and bunning will get me there. If I don't notice some nice growth in May I might change up my routine by throwing in some heat :spinning:.

Yes of course! The more the merrier! We're here supporting each other. I should probably make a list of names in the first post to make things "official"

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Count me in too. I'll be bunning 7 days/week. It's quick, easy and I'm feeling sort of lazy these days. I'm baggying my buns beneath a phonytail or silk wrap.

ckisland

It's only day 2 of my first month of bunning and I already had to fight the urge to take my hair down :ohwell:. Instead of only doing my same ole wash n'go bun, I'm going to try and change it up every few days or week. Right now I have a twist bun that I did on semi-dry, stretched hair from a wash n'go bun. I didn't add any additional product since my hair is still really soft from the condish I left in and the little bit of hair butter I added :lick:. Hopefully the twists will make it to the weekend at least, and then I'll do a twistout bun. I'm excited!

ceebee3

I've been bunning/braiding consistently during the week. I've been playing with curly and straight styles on the weekend.

I used the flat iron 2 weeks ago but I'm not good at it so I only kept it straight for 2 days.:lachen:

I'll be visiting my stylist in 2 weeks for a flat iron job so I'll just be bunning until then. I want to do a length check and make sure that my growth is on point.

ckisland

bumping and a small update

The twists didn't make it. . . they got turned into braids!! lol! Hopefully these will be in for 4-6 weeks, but we'll see :rolleyes:. Even with the braids, I'll be bunning everyday. My hair's going to have that double layer of protection :grin:.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I fell off the challenge for a while by doing twistouts and curly fros but now I'm back to bunning...trying to reach that BSL goal!