TEXLAXERS who don't need heat to straighten: Get in here please!

Sunshine0801

Can you please share your routine?

For example, how do you "smooth" the relaxer onto your hair? Do you use a comb, your fingers, both, or do you not smooth at all? If you smooth, how many times do you do it? It seems like some ladies don't smooth at all, but I wonder if not smoothing makes it more difficult to straighten without using heat?

Please, enlighten me. I plan to texlax soon, but want to wear my hair straight most of the time, and do NOT want to use heat.

dlewis

For example, how do you "smooth" the relaxer onto your hair? Do you use a comb, your fingers, both, or do you not smooth at all? Use my fingers.

If you smooth, how many times do you do it? I don't smooth

It seems like some ladies don't smooth at all, but I wonder if not smoothing makes it more difficult to straighten without using heat? It does make it somewhat difficult. I have never been able to, until this year, get my roots straight. I just recently learn that I need to up the heat on my flat iron. I was using 3-5 and 10 is what I need to be using to get my hair straight.

Please, enlighten me. I plan to texlax soon, but want to wear my hair straight most of the time, and do NOT want to use heat. You could use indirect heat by rollersetting and wrap to achive the straight look.

Sunshine0801

For example, how do you "smooth" the relaxer onto your hair? Do you use a comb, your fingers, both, or do you not smooth at all? Use my fingers.

If you smooth, how many times do you do it? I don't smooth

It seems like some ladies don't smooth at all, but I wonder if not smoothing makes it more difficult to straighten without using heat? It does make it somewhat difficult. I have never been able to, until this year, get my roots straight. I just recently learn that I need to up the heat on my flat iron. I was using 3-5 and 10 is what I need to be using to get my hair straight.

Please, enlighten me. I plan to texlax soon, but want to wear my hair straight most of the time, and do NOT want to use heat. You could use indirect heat by rollersetting and wrap to achive the straight look.

Thanks! :)

Are you able to get your hair roots straight by rollersetting and wrapping?

I think I'm going to go for the "loose waves" look with my texlax and hope that rollersetting and wrapping will do the trick to get my roots straight...

prospurr4

For example, how do you "smooth" the relaxer onto your hair? Do you use a comb, your fingers, both, or do you not smooth at all? If you smooth, how many times do you do it? It seems like some ladies don't smooth at all, but I wonder if not smoothing makes it more difficult to straighten without using heat?

Please, enlighten me. I plan to texlax soon, but want to wear my hair straight most of the time, and do NOT want to use heat.

Hey Sunshine, please see my fotki, in the "About Me" section to see my texlaxing process, including what I do to straighten my hair.

I have had good success with my routine; I haven't used direct heat in over 3 years.

HTH