Re/texlaxed ladies who use regular heat..

:ohwell: What products do you use to wash and condition your locks?

Shampoo:

Conditioner:

Heat protectant:

Other:

Also, do you air dry? How! I have curls that I can blow dry with a comb and it will straighten pretty easy. But I have short neck length layers. Anyone else in this stage?

How do you avoid heat damage and splits?

Please help! Right now I have pretty healthy texlaxed hair. I want it to grow long enough FOR me to implement protective styles!

itismehmmkay

Good question. I was just about to say how I've gone back to rollersets. I was trying to do the hair mold thing (my hair is short) or even just lay it all the way back, but since my hair still has a lil curl/kink to it, it was taking a longer time to still flat-iron and it wasn't as silky.

A rollerset IMO is great for starting the smoothing process. And it allows you to airdry w/o the curl-up. I do still flat-iron afterwards though.

Shampoo: Either Mizani Puriphying Poo or Suave Humectant Poo. Mostly b/c I like the conditioners that complement these two and so I have them at home.

Conditioner: Mizani Moisturefuse or if I'm out Suave Humectant. Both of these were great with my natural hair and so I know they work on my newgrowth. They are also good w/ my relaxed. It's actually hard to find products that are great w/ both. If I ever transitioned again, I'd definitely trust these.

Heat protectant: I use Elasta QP H2O as my leave-in after my conditioner. It could probably have a bit more heat protectant maybe, but I still trust it. Especially since I'm using a Chi anyway, which gives me little to no breakage anyway. It's good as a detangler for me too.

Other: Chi iron. Makes a difference to me. So I go over the rollerset w/ a Chi...I usually split each curl into 2 thin horizontal sections and go over w/ the iron. Then I add a bit of Elasta QP Curling wax for shine, hold, and "conditioning". Sometimes I'll add a bit of the curling wax to each section I flat iron. Just depends on the look I want and how weighed down I want my hair.

OP: I'm growing my hair out too. If you have neck layers, you're probably longer than me. Mine still looks like a haircut/mini bob but it's growing out.

itsmehmmay

Shampoo: Either Mizani Puriphying Poo or Suave Humectant Poo. Does suave work as good as anything else? I want to take care of my hair, but I don't have a lot to spend. :/

Heat protectant: I use Elasta QP H2O as my leave-in after my conditioner- I understand this, in my experience if I DC really well, than I don't need the extra leave in.

Other: Chi iron. I didn't know that your flat iron could cause breakage? >.> Now I'm sorta scared. I have a Remingtn Frizz Therapy, and I am not really impressed.