texturizing

gvsugirl

Can someone explain to me what exactly this is? Cause I hear some people talking about how their hair is underprocessed b/c the relaxer wasnt left on long enough but isnt this the same thing?

ms_kenesha

The difference is that when your hair is underprocessed it's texturized when the rest of your hair is relaxed so you have varying textures on one strand.

gvsugirl

Ok. so in order to texturize, I'd have to cut off all my relaxed hair and start over as if I were going natural?

Thanx ladies for responding

sbg4evr

YOu have 2 choices either cut your relaxer off and texturize or just texturize the new growth and deal with the two textures. Both textures will be in a chemical state so it will not be too hard to handle. It justs that you hair may look funny, curly or wavy at roots with straight ends.

Karonica

That's just how my hair is now. Roots are texturized, rest of hair is relaxed. I'm dealing with it. I like how it looks with certain styles, but it is more prone to breakage because of the two different textures. I'm going to decided whether I'll keep doing this. I may get it corrected next month.

nita4

My whole head is texturized, by accident
I underprocessed last summer and even with gradual trims my strands are still wavy/curly. You learn to deal with it. I can't airdry my hair straight yet, I would imagine that you could with a wet wrap. When I rollerset it gets straight, I can wait longer in between touch ups and blend the textures with braid outs. You can texturize or mildly relax your roots and gradually trim the straight hair.

gvsugirl

I'm not sure if my hair is relaxed or texturized. I can't airdry cause it dries curly and frizzy. And my hair as never been straight after relaxing. So am i texturizing my hair? Argh y does this seem so compicated to me.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Texturized IS relaxed. It's just relaxed with some curl pattern left, if you have curl pattern to start with. That's all there really is to it. It would dry wavy or curly, without needing a braid-out or twist-out for curly or wavy styles. It can also be worn straight by blowing it dry, roller-setting, or whatever you use to get it straight.