TGIF....August 21,22,& 23 Ladies..what are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

Tonight I did this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iLx1wTuRxs; it came out so-so but stretched my hair out nicely and made a nice big fluffy puff. I'll probably be using flexi-rods from now on to stretch my hair out. With that said, I'll be leaving my hair alone for the rest of the weekend.

All week I've been tweaking my regimen and experimenting with styles because my hair is getting longer and I want to see if I can still retain length without braid extensions. I've finally been making some breakthroughs.

Friday night, i soaked my hair in vatika oil overnight.
This morning, I rinsed it out, deep conditioned with Aubrey Organics GPB, and blow-dried my hair for the first time in weeks. the comb attachment of my dryer slid right through, and my hair is so bouncy and BIG! Depending on my plans this evening, i might use the flat iron and add a slight flip to the ends.

i'm NINE full weeks post as of today, and my hair feels fantastic!

There are a lot of things I should do to my hair this weekend but we'll see. I already applied coconut oil to my hair but I still need to:

1)Mix up some bentonite clay and put it on for 15-30 mins.
2)Rinse and then condition with AO GPB for a few mins.
3)Rinse and condition with my last few drops of AO White Camellia. I used that whole bottle in 2 weeks I think.
4)Braid up my hair with some Jane Carter Nourish & Shine that my mom got me (she randomly picked it up at Whole Foods because it "looked like something you would use and it smells good"). I love her :grin:.

Question: I wanna actually shampoo my hair tomorrow morning, anyone think it is too close for my retouch i'm getting wednesday? Or should i be okay????

Question: I wanna actually shampoo my hair tomorrow morning, anyone think it is too close for my retouch i'm getting wednesday? Or should i be okay????

Some People say Last Shampoo should be a week, Some Say 3-5 Days Prior to is Fine. Because you don't want to do too much Hair & Scalp Manipulation leading up to.

Today I:
Clarified with ORS creamy Aloe
Washed with CON green label
DC with ORS Replenshing conditioner
Porosity Control as my final rinse
LTR leave in conditioner
Bunning under half wig

I feel much better this weekend i still have a bit of a cold but much better lol . so my hair is a giant bush on my head right now lol but i will wash and dc my hair with coconut milk honey and evoo . yummy!

You Purchase the Most "Unique" Hair Products......:grin:

*goes off to research*:yep:

You don't need to be off searching for nothing, you can't buy it anyway :lachen::lachen::lachen:.
Ok, so I checked out that product and it sounds awesome, I'll let you know when I receive it!!

Last edited:
I henna'ed my hair today and now I am sleeping overnight with some DC in my hair and washing it out in the morning.

You don't need to be off searching for nothing, you can't buy it anyway :lachen::lachen::lachen:.
Ok, so I checked out that product and it sounds awesome, I'll let you know when I receive it!!

:kiss: You're a Great Friend Ms. Coffee.:rolleyes: Hmmp. Like I needed a reminder.:look:

1. Massaged a mix of oils into my scalp
2. Clarified with K-Pak chelating poo
3. Poo'd with Cream of Nature poo
4. DC with mix of Redken Smooth Down, raw honey, and 2 tbsp of henna (my henna gloss mix)
5. Lacio leave-in
6. Sealed with Cocasta Shikaki Oil
7. Sealed ends again with Seyani Hair Butter
8. Wet bunned

I did the Aphogee 2 step protien treatment. I was really scared :lachen:. It turns out I needed it! My hair looks super rich and shiny (well as much shine as a type 4 can get!)

4)Braid up my hair with some Jane Carter Nourish & Shine that my mom got me (she randomly picked it up at Whole Foods because it "looked like something you would use and it smells good"). I love her :grin:.
i don't know which i love more -- the fact that your mom shops at whole foods (something i wish my mom did) or the fact that she picked you up some N&S just because!

i don't know which i love more -- the fact that your mom shops at whole foods (something i wish my mom did) or the fact that she picked you up some N&S just because!

And here's the best part...my mom is white (she's not my bio mom). I was super surprised she picked it out. But she's always interested in my hair. Anytime she thinks my puff is too tight she'll be like "sweetie I'm worried about your edges, I don't want you to be one of those women whose hair line starts at their ears ok?". :lachen:

I am under my dryer right now trying to finish off my DC treatment I slept in last night. I have to go wash it out now.

Yesterday I did a henna treatment for the 1st time - love it, then DC'd with Joico. Then my mom roller set me on large rollers. I let it hair dry, removed the rollers and tied up my hair for the night. My next step will be to blow out the roots later today and I'll pin curl or wrap at night. I'm going to either do this weekly or get braids for the fall.

I prepoo/dc'd- sitrinillah mask mixed with hydratherma naturals growth oil.
Washed with amala cream rinse, conditioned with moist 24/7 conditoner mixed with suave strawberries(this was not good at all). Moisturized with s-curl and plaited my hair.

Nothing special. I have had to wash and condition my hair daily this week. I have been moving, its been so hot. Hair is currently braided in 4 braids air-drying.

There are a lot of things I should do to my hair this weekend but we'll see. I already applied coconut oil to my hair but I still need to:

1)Mix up some bentonite clay and put it on for 15-30 mins.
2)Rinse and then condition with AO GPB for a few mins.
3)Rinse and condition with my last few drops of AO White Camellia. I used that whole bottle in 2 weeks I think.

I'm so proud of myself...I did all the stuff I needed to last night. And this morning I took my braids out and I have a great braidout. I've never had a good braidout, they're always flat with no volume but this one I can actually wear outside of the house without pinning it up first. And that JC made my hair smell so yummy, I love it!

I'm attaching pics. I took them with my camera phone so they're not good at all but they'll have to do. Oh and I was really close to the light which is why there's a random color in there.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 25
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 21
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Protein treatment (egg, mayo, honey, grapeseed oil, conditioner)
  • Co-wash (VO5 Moisture Milk), Pantene Beautiful Lengths
  • Braidout

Currently have some coconut oil in my hair.
I am going to wash with Oyin Poo Bar, deep condition with ORS Mayo Treatment and sit under the dryer. Condition with ORS Replenishing conditioner then use OYin Honey Hemp Conditioner as a leave in.. I don't know if I should do a twist out in large sections or play it safe with a roller set.
WE shall see! Good luck to everyone!

So, I ended up not doing my hair until today, but I'm so happy I went through with it after a week of doing nothing but moisturizing and sealing (and occasional Megateking).

Hair feels good. I'm motivated to reintroduce baggying tonight and DC'ing at least once during the week.

This weekend, I

1. pre-pooed with Coconut oil
2. rinsed with HE hello hydryation conditioner
3. did a braidout with Giovanni Leave in conditioner and Sabino moisture block.

I haven't unbraided my hair yet. It feels very soft and there is a lot less frizz. I wonder what it will look like tomorrow when I take it down.

I'm so proud of myself...I did all the stuff I needed to last night. And this morning I took my braids out and I have a great braidout. I've never had a good braidout, they're always flat with no volume but this one I can actually wear outside of the house without pinning it up first. And that JC made my hair smell so yummy, I love it!

I'm attaching pics. I took them with my camera phone so they're not good at all but they'll have to do. Oh and I was really close to the light which is why there's a random color in there.

I love this!! how did you do them? They are so defined and gorgeous. Thanks for posting your pics.

Back