that's it! i'm going back to pressing combs!

i did a dust 3 weeks ago. i don't really use heat/blow dryer. i just poo/co and air dry and wear a "so called" satin bonnet....i think i need a "real/100%" satin scarf/bonnet. i wear my bonnet just about everyday b/c i don't work or go any where. do you ladies think i should trim?

btw:fyi, i can't go to a bss because i live in saudi. i have to buy everything online.
so i've been looking for scarves and only been seeing those that goes around the neck or the square ones...which i have a hard time using. i've been looking for the long retangular ones.

eta: i need to scope out your fotki irresistable
I have albums/pics and also youtube vids , the links to which are also on my fotki:yep:

ooooo.....ooooo, irresistable, your shea butter press is the bomb. i think it's the best press imo. i likey!
girl I always think of trying that it again

it was such an easy press, just a lil greasy tho

but it really did get it straight

might have to re-visit that

Not a Bad idea.:look:

We always have to keep an open mind on this journey and be "flexible" enough to make the right decisions for Our Hair.

My Only Suggestion would be to use something for Pressing like a Cream Press and there are several good one's out there specifically for pressing. And if the 'experts' say Shea Butter works well, try that too.:yep:

Best Wishes with that. HHG.:grin:

as you can see in my avatar, my hair is almost light brown. b4 the bc i was about 5-6" and it was all that color (b4 wanting to take a 2nd go-round at being natural.....
okay ladies, my current update. i went ahead and took some of your advice.

1) i trimmed 1" of hair off. i didn't want to but it had to be done if i want to grow healthy hair. 2) i bought keracare cream press, aveda brilliant damage control (spray), and 1 kizure double press-pressing comb...i like these better than the smoothe back
3) i'm going to stalk irresistables fotki/u2b/threads....you ladies get the gest.
4) i'm keeping lynnieb's idea b/c i really think wrapping my hair w/ fabric is a great idea when rolling my hair up.
5) i actually was looking at dudley's...should i get the pca as well?

i think it's time to depart from my bonnets. any suggestions on 100% silk. off and on, i've been looking for the long retangular ones. the square ones i can't put on and keep on. i may find it right b4 i go to sleep. ok, i need to go back to amazon.

i'll post pics of my new twa in the morning...night for most of you.

Pressing and hot curling hair may seem old fashion, because a lot of salons do perms and refuse to go press and curls. One hair stylist told me, he gave up press and curls 25 years ago.

A coworker told me that I do my hair the old fashion way. I thought as long as it looks good, that's all that really matters. It works well for me. I didn't tell her that her hair look like dread locks. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, since she was already having problems with her weight and her obnoxious boss. Eventually, she quit.

Pressing and hot curling hair may seem old fashion, because a lot of salons do perms and refuse to go press and curls. One hair stylist told me, he gave up press and curls 25 years ago.

A coworker told me that I do my hair the old fashion way. I thought as long as it looks good, that's all that really matters. It works well for me. I didn't tell her that her hair look like dread locks. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, since she was already having problems with her weight and her obnoxious boss. Eventually, she quit.
Dang girl :lachen::lachen:

as you can see in my avatar, my hair is almost light brown. b4 the bc i was about 5-6" and it was all that color (b4 wanting to take a 2nd go-round at being natural.....
okay ladies, my current update. i went ahead and took some of your advice.

1) i trimmed 1" of hair off. i didn't want to but it had to be done if i want to grow healthy hair. 2) i bought keracare cream press, aveda brilliant damage control (spray), and 1 kizure double press-pressing comb...i like these better than the smoothe back
3) i'm going to stalk irresistables fotki/u2b/threads....you ladies get the gest.
4) i'm keeping lynnieb's idea b/c i really think wrapping my hair w/ fabric is a great idea when rolling my hair up.

i think it's time to depart from my bonnets. any suggestions on 100% silk. off and on, i've been looking for the long retangular ones. the square ones i can't put on and keep on. i may find it right b4 i go to sleep. ok, i need to go back to amazon.

i'll post pics of my new twa in the morning...night for most of you.
I use that double back comb for my first press and the smooth back for the final press:yep::yep:

i think it's time to depart from my bonnets. any suggestions on 100% silk. off and on, i've been looking for the long retangular ones. the square ones i can't put on and keep on. i may find it right b4 i go to sleep. ok, i need to go back to amazon.QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad you Got Your Cream Press. Good Move.

The PCA is a "Moisture Retainer" and it is actually kinda watery,creamy,oily. (If that makes sense).:look: So, not sure how you would use this exactly? I couldn't imagine using it on "pressed hair" (but it may work)?:perplexed

For the Silk Scarves, You can always check Marshall's and TJ Maxx Clearance for the Long Rectangular ones. They always have them and for a good price.:grin:

I was using those Faithfully, until I found the Prettywrap. It's also 100% Silk and Stays on ALL NIGHT LONG! And....It Keeps your Hair moisturized.

I'm in love.:love:

The prettywrap seems to be a good choice or even going to a fabric store and buying your silk/satin there. I'm not sure if the prettywrap ships oversees or anthing though. I'm sure if you searched online hard enough there may be some nice good quality satin wraps for you to try out.

i think it's time to depart from my bonnets. any suggestions on 100% silk. off and on, i've been looking for the long retangular ones. the square ones i can't put on and keep on. i may find it right b4 i go to sleep. ok, i need to go back to amazon.QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad you Got Your Cream Press. Good Move.

The PCA is a "Moisture Retainer" and it is actually kinda watery,creamy,oily. (If that makes sense).:look: So, not sure how you would use this exactly? I couldn't imagine using it on "pressed hair" (but it may work)?:perplexed

For the Silk Scarves, You can always check Marshall's and TJ Maxx Clearance for the Long Rectangular ones. They always have them and for a good price.:grin:

I was using those Faithfully, until I found the Prettywrap. It's also 100% Silk and Stays on ALL NIGHT LONG! And....It Keeps your Hair moisturized.

I'm in love.:love:

How to use PCA w/ pressed hair....teeny tiny minute amounts! :yep: Microscopic. Well, it's expensive, so it's good for your wallet too! :grin:

LOL...I'mma nachal who don't straighten past blow drying hardly ever, but add too much even on unblown hair and POOF. I use teensy tiny amounts.

Last edited:
barbra...i must be mean b/c i would blurt out HATER and keep it movin'!

thx idt'shair...i didn't know it was watery....maybe i shouldn't get the pca

oh boy, pca works like that...:spinning: so it may not be a good investment for pressing. a blowdry no press or airdry...i can see it as an investment. i'm going to keep this in my mental rollerdex.

okay sooooo here's my hair now. i can't do much (as if i was b4 right). :lachen:

ok irresistable you know your name fits your hair. when i compare your pics...your shea press has it hands down. i do need to look at your vids though. i know you have hair goodies! i can't sleep on that.

i tell y'all, natural hair comes with it's own set of rules. oh how i'm learning.

click to get a closer look:

Attachments

• 29072009140.jpg
    29072009140.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 28072009130.jpg
    28072009130.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 12
ive decided that i will be using direct heat once a month on my hair bc of single strand knots and such.

Back