• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

The Covid-19 Thread: News, Preparation Tips, Etc

starfish

Update: Now it’s Monday 2/22 and I don’t feel good again. Not sick. Just under the weather. Not 100%. Called my PCP and she said it’s normal and to take it easy for the first week since I’ve a strong immune response. Maybe I shouldn’t have gone for that 6-mile walk yesterday smh.
Update: It's Tuesday 2/23 and I feel worse today. Nauseas and I have lose stools. I feel like I need to lie down. I work from home so I've been taking breaks all day. If I was at a job physically I would have to go home. I slept for 9.5 hours last night and I'm still sleepy. I hope you ladies don't mind me coming in here with all these updates. My goal is to inform you just in case you develop symptoms you'll know it happens. If you want the CDC to know about your post-vaccination symptoms (if any) sign up for www.vsafe.cdc.gov. They send me a daily survey check-in and once I start checking the boxes that I'm okay, the check-ins are weekly.

awhyley

Update: It's Tuesday 2/23 and I feel worse today. Nauseas and I have lose stools. I feel like I need to lie down. I work from home so I've been taking breaks all day. If I was at a job physically I would have to go home. I slept for 9.5 hours last night and I'm still sleepy. I hope you ladies don't mind me coming in here with all these updates. My goal is to inform you just in case you develop symptoms you'll know it happens. If you want the CDC to know about your post-vaccination symptoms (if any) sign up for www.vsafe.cdc.gov. They send me a daily survey check-in and once I start checking the boxes that I'm okay, the check-ins are weekly.

Hang in there @starfish

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
Oh! I thought it was the other way around. Good to know.

In either case, thanks for your response and I hope that you're feeling better now.
It is the other way around. Pfizer is the one that has to be kept at ultra cold temperatures. Though this week Pfizer apparently made some changes to their rules and the FDA is letting them keep it stored at regular refrigerator temps.

mensa

I hope you'll feel better soon.

naturalgyrl5199

Hope you get to feeling better. Your immune system is doing its thing. Wow! Get on some zinc so you don't completely bottom out.

Lylddlebit

I ain't mad at it. I trust Jesus way more than what I see in people.

"Jesus is my doctor uhhh uhhh
write all of my 'scriptions
Well he... gives me all my medicine in my ro-oooom(because I ain't reckless and take social distancing seriously)
Come oooooooonnnn in my room(that part is for Jesus/The Holy Spirit only, ya'll heard me say I'm social distancing"
Come onnnnnnn in the roo-ooom

I see the humor in stuff but I don't automatically equate leaning on Jesus as throwing common sense out of the conversation and I sure don't disregard the power of blessings in the time of trouble. He's my vaccine too while I exercise good sense, see what I need to in this early group getting their doses before determining I have an actually need to go out. Everyone should be doing a risk/benefit analysis on if and when they roll up their sleeves based on their lifestyles.

Last edited:

starfish

Update: Its Wednesday 2/24 and I'm fine. Feeling good and normal. And grateful I got the vaccine. Thanks for the well wishes ladies. Stay safe!

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I ain't mad at it. I trust Jesus way more than what I see in people.

"Jesus is my doctor uhhh uhhh
write all of my 'scriptions
Well he... gives me all my medicine in my ro-oooom(because I ain't reckless and take social distancing seriously)
Come oooooooonnnn in my room(that part is for Jesus/The Holy Spirit only, ya'll heard me say I'm social distancing"
Come onnnnnnn in the roo-ooom

I see the humor in stuff but I don't automatically equate leaning on Jesus as throwing common sense out of the conversation and I sure don't disregard the power of blessings in the time of trouble. He's my vaccine too while I exercise good sense, see what I need to in this early group getting their doses before determining I have an actually need to go out. Everyone should be doing a risk/benefit analysis on if and when they roll up their sleeves based on their lifestyles.
At this point in the pandemic, somebody who feels the need to plaster that message over the front of their house is not using "Jesus is my vaccine" as a metaphor.

vevster

The Haitian psychic was right........

Lylddlebit

At this point in the pandemic, somebody who feels the need to plaster that message over the front of their house is not using "Jesus is my vaccine" as a metaphor.
and I still respect that. I have experienced literal miracles and healing from the Lord also...so impossible you can't credit nothing but God. So I let their sign and message be their personal testimony because don't nothing tell nobody how good God is like personal experience(s). All I am saying is I understand the message, and exercise wisdom in how I receive that message even when others may disagree.

Last edited:

dancinstallion

After people have recovered from Covid, it can continue to cause blood clots in active/physically fit individuals and in those who only had a mild case of the disease. So those who were bedridden/hospitalized most likely will be worst off.

Patient is physically fit, young, works out daily, developed blood clots that traveled to both lungs, three months after having a mild case of covid for 10 days.