The Denman: Love it or Leave it?

CenteredGirl

Leave it. I prefer the Mason Pearson Detangling brush. The bristles are softer and yield to kinky hair better. Worth the $$$

ILuvCurls

Thanks for this thread, ladies. I almost bought a Denman brush but changed my mind after reading this. I have fine hair that breaks easily so I will stick to my wide-tooth seamless combs (discovered them on LHCF.)

mssoconfused

That Mason Pearson brush....i'd need 12 inches in a year to be ok with that price point. LOL. But I'd love to hear more about the benefits of it!

Lylddlebit

The denman is not my favorite detangling tool of choice. What all of my favorite tools and products have in common is they work how I need them to right out of the packaging without any doctoring up, extra steps or modifications. You know a great tool or product that can stand alone. Unfortunately, I don't have that experience with the denman. Like some of the other ladies have mentioned, my experience is that it works best in conjunction with something else. I personally don't enjoy taking it apart and put it back together for good results or to get a good detangling from one tool then use the denman to follow up. So I don't try to use it those ways anymore. It's place in my hair tool box is to comb down my wrap on already detangled straight hair or to blow dry with a concentrated nozzle on detangled hair. For actual detangling there too many things that work right out of the package(bone combs, no tangle brush) on my hair without the denman hassle.

HairBarbie

It's great and quick for detangling, but it does cause splits and mid-strand splits and lots of it too.

Didn't notice an increase in ssk from my personal experience.

I feel like you'd get less breakage with a regular brush. I wish I could find a brush that doesn't cause splits.