Delicious Denman Detangling Tutorial

Lucky's Mom

Hey ladies!
I thought I would put my two cents in here about how I use my denman
:thought:SHEESH - I have been sleeping on this.....:pullhair:Only because I thought the Denman was for my blow drying.....

Well - now It ranks #1 for Detangling .....Sadly - I only discovered this 2 shampoos ago..... Where the heck was I????

I was inspired by this lady as well,
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=215011

But here is my tutorial.....
once my Shampoo and DC is complete......
1. hop back in the shower.... 2.Use BIG shower comb and fingers to untwist section.... 3.once the shower comb moves smoothly through that section - use the Denman to gently brush... Guess what???? :wow:All the shed hair is in the brush......The Result - the lushious kinks before you..........4. Retwist, etc.....5. Stand under the showerhead for the final wonderful rinse :bath2:6. herbal or distilled rinse...

Before this... my head felt :burning: with all the detangling. I dreaded the whole Hair experience.... and hubby hated hair in the shower.

:kiss: I love my DENMAN!!!! Go Go GO :cycle:get you one!!!
.:clap: I love this place!!!!:thankyou:

Rapunzel2B

Girl,

I have to say THANK YOU! You are just creating so many wonderful threads on all the things I need. I have been researching and contemplating getting a denman. I don't have to detangle or even comb until about 8 weeks post. I will be definitely adding this to my regimen.

C

Hey ladies!
I thought I would put my two cents in here about how I use my denman
:thought:SHEESH - I have been sleeping on this.....:pullhair:Only because I thought the Denman was for my blow drying.....

Well - now It ranks #1 for Detangling .....Sadly - I only discovered this 2 shampoos ago..... Where the heck was I????

I was inspired by this lady as well,
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=215011

But here is my tutorial.....
once my Shampoo and DC is complete......
1. hop back in the shower.... 2.Use BIG shower comb and fingers to untwist section.... 3.once the shower comb moves smoothly through that section - use the Denman to gently brush... Guess what???? :wow:All the shed hair is in the brush......The Result - the lushious kinks before you..........4. Retwist, etc.....5. Stand under the showerhead for the final wonderful rinse :bath2:6. herbal or distilled rinse...

Before this... my head felt :burning: with all the detangling. I dreaded the whole Hair experience.... and hubby hated hair in the shower.

:kiss: I love my DENMAN!!!! Go Go GO :cycle:get you one!!!
.:clap: I love this place!!!!:thankyou:

anon123

Thanks for the step by step tutorial. I just have to work on that part about the comb gliding through smoothly. So that's why the Denman is pulling my hair out, right? Because my hair is never to the point where a comb can run through it smoothly? So I shouldn't use the Denman until I can do this?

discobiscuits

Thanks for the step by step tutorial. I just have to work on that part about the comb gliding through smoothly. So that's why the Denman is pulling my hair out, right? Because my hair is never to the point where a comb can run through it smoothly? So I shouldn't use the Denman until I can do this?

that would be correct.
i do it in reverse.
as i take my corn rows out, i use the denman from the ends to the roots of each undone row until all of my hair is out of the rows and all the shed hair is in the brush. (this is while my hair is DRY, not wet).
then i move on to the poo/con/re-cornrow process.

Last edited:

naturalgurl

You sold me! I'm going to get one. Denmans are the plastic bristle brushes right? I just couldn't see that working on my hair so I bought a stylist boar bristle brush and it makes my hair shine. I need more tools anyway. I wonder how much money have I spent on this head to date (since January 2 when I learned how to care for this mane) and that's including not going to a salon or shop???

Lucky's Mom

I have to say the right conditioner/ conditioning makes all the difference.

photos here:
http://jetbeautysupplies.com/category269.ihtml

Last edited:

sunshinne368

I recently bought the Denman brush and I am in love! My curls are beautiful when I use this brush! My hair detangle so easily, and I see some much less hair in the brush. I am so in Love:spinning:

TrustMeLove

I was a strong denman believer as wel. But, I just got out the shower and detnagled with the denman..All of a sudden I just started seeing small pieces of hair in my hands.

Like the tips of my hair strands were breaking off. Because as I pull that denman through I hold that section of hair taunt and I slide my fingers through as the denman goes through and i took a look at my hand and there were small tips of hair.

I think now I am going to finger come and use my jibere in the shower. Once I get out the shower..I'll dentagle with the denman. If I still see tips of my hair.. than I will be putting the Denman to rest. Permanently:210:

CenteredGirl

Sam,

This is indeed good news. I used my Denman last week after the flurry of threads bumping it last week. I did see a lot of hair in my brush and got scurred.:cry2:

Good to know it was shed hairs case I don't feel like I lost any thickness. Phew* I get so paranoid when one strand comes out. Good Lawd have mercy.

Lucky's Mom

Sam,

This is indeed good news. I used my Denman last week after the flurry of threads bumping it last week. I did see a lot of hair in my brush and got scurred.:cry2:

Good to know it was shed hairs case I don't feel like I lost any thickness. Phew* I get so paranoid when one strand comes out. Good Lawd have mercy.

most excellent.....:lick:

oooop2

You sold me! I'm going to get one. Denmans are the plastic bristle brushes right? I just couldn't see that working on my hair so I bought a stylist boar bristle brush and it makes my hair shine. I need more tools anyway. I wonder how much money have I spent on this head to date (since January 2 when I learned how to care for this mane) and that's including not going to a salon or shop???

Ain't that the truth. I made a quick trip to the USA last week, and 20 receipts later, I'm still trying to unpack products...:lachen:

I just bought this brush from Sally's and LOVE it. Made my curls POP and I didn't lost a lot of hair in the process...

aloof one

The Denman saved my life..:drunk:

I bought it last week and detangled and haven't had to detangle since. This is what has been missing when I airdry all this time! Before I used a wide tooth comb and my hair would be so tangled it would just poof up and then I would wind up trying to comb it again and break it off... and have to wash again within hours:nono:.

Now I am able to just leave conditioner on my hair when I get out the shower and detangle with the Denman D3 and put it in a pony and leave it alone. My hair lays down and the waves are a lot more defined than they used to be. I cowash almost daily (but I don't even think I need to do it daily anymore) and put more conditioner on my hair and pull it back into the bun. I think I will only detangle once a week, since my hair still hasn't gotten tangled yet after a few days. I'm so glad I have this brush now!

Lucky's Mom

The Denman saved my life..:drunk:

I bought it last week and detangled and haven't had to detangle since. This is what has been missing when I airdry all this time! Before I used a wide tooth comb and my hair would be so tangled it would just poof up and then I would wind up trying to comb it again and break it off... and have to wash again within hours:nono:.

Now I am able to just leave conditioner on my hair when I get out the shower and detangle with the Denman D3 and put it in a pony and leave it alone. My hair lays down and the waves are a lot more defined than they used to be. I cowash almost daily (but I don't even think I need to do it daily anymore) and put more conditioner on my hair and pull it back into the bun. I think I will only detangle once a week, since my hair still hasn't gotten tangled yet after a few days. I'm so glad I have this brush now!

Congratulations!

IntoMyhair

Thanks for this post. I went out this am and got a D3 from sally's. I really feel that if i can get out all the shed hair when i detangle i should have way less matting and tangles. I can't try it just yet since i have plaits. i paln to take them out next weekend. i did not get to sallys in time on friday to pick up the denman but i got there this morning lol. This should work great for my daughters natural hair.
Thanks again.

aloof one

Congratulations!

Thanks!:grin:

I'm so excited... Its like I have a new boyfriend or something, I LOVE detangling now!:lachen:I used that brush one time and was itching to BC because of it. It had me wanting to get rid of my relaxed ends after using it on like one section of hair... I can't wait until I'm natural:yep:

chebaby

i just orderd a denman padle brush yesterday and had it shipped overnight so i should get it today or tomorrow. im not natural and i dont use brushes as much as i use to but when i do i like to have a good brush. also im thinking about transitioning again so the brush may be good for that as well.

i wont use it on wet hair though.