THE LHCF SUPPLEMENT CABINET!!!

Irresistible

What are you talking daily? feel free to add why or what you feel about it with your post if you like.

Me
*Twin Labs Multi ( A good qaulity multi thats a capsule for high absorption)
*Twin Labs B complex 100 mg ( A necessity)
*Vitamin E 400mg
*Vitamin C 2-3000mg *powder crystal form*
*KAL Magnesium glyccinate 1-200 mg ( I need this to help with absorption of my Prescription strength Potassium of which I take 8 Meq daily, occasionally I will take 16 Meq when I feel I NEED it. The Magnesium glycinate is a highly absorbable form unlike Magnesium Oxide , the more common kind found on the shelves) Mg is so very important!
*KAL Calcium Citrate 150 to 300 mg daily (I dont take this in high doses as most people do because I learned it can knock out your Magnesium its best to keep them in a closer ratio)
*Fish oil (just started back with this regularly) 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp daily (excellent anti inflammitory)
*Borage oil (recent addition again) 1/2-1 tsp (another excellent anit inflammitory both oils are good for SO many things) health and hair!

Will be or have just recently added back to my regimin
*Flax seed oil-1 tbsp
*Garlic-1-2 tablets a day
*horsetail silica 1 tablet a day
*and possibly Amino acids
*and possibly *grape seed extract*, which would be the only thing brand new *never taken before* in my regimen for me-so we shall see......

I feel my regimen is very comprehensive and has been tweaked exactly to meet my needs for my health and of course with that hair and skin always reaps the benefit as well :yep:

ETA WILL ALSO BE TAKING, LYCOPENE, L-CYSTEINE, QUERCERTIN/BROMLAIN

Share yours! It would be interesting to know what everyone is taking daily!

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Right now I'm taking

*Trimedica Liquid MSM :barf: It tastes HORRIBLE, but I know it's high quality MSM, so I deal with it. I have joint problems that MSM gets rid of, and it's a bonus that it helps with hair too! Woo hoo!

*Now Omega 3-6-9-I wanted to take this to get the internal benefits of taking oil. But the capsules are too dang big and plus I know it's way more beneficial to take the straight oil. So after I run outta these, I'm gonna get some oil

*Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus-My slow growing hair needs ALL the help it can get!!!

What I'm planning on adding-
*Source of Life liquid multi- To get all of the vitamins I need, and keep my health and hairgrowth at the optimum level

*Super Silica liquid- To strengthen my hair, clear my face and help with my joints

*Raw honey- To speed metabolism and sleep better

*Organic evco- To speed metabolism and get the benefits of internally taking such a wonderful oil!

*ACV-To speed metabolism and do ACV rinses

(I have hypothyroid, so I need all the help I can get to speed my metabolism and lose this weight!!!)

ETA: Forgot to add that I'm also taking kelp for my hypothyroid. An added bonus is that it's supposed to speed up hair growth too :grin:

Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
In my supplement cabinet:

Kelp...I take 1 per day (for my thyroid)
B50 complex....I take 1 per day
Alta Silica...I take 3 per day
D-3 gelcaps...I take 1 per day
Cod Liver Oil gelcaps...I take 1 per day
Flax Seed Oil gelcaps....I take 2 per day
Solaray MSM....I take 2,000mg per day (about to up it to 3,000mg daily)
Ester-C....I take 1,000mg per day
Biotin.....I take 5mg per day
Hema-Plex....I take 1 per day (I have low iron)

Last edited:

Tenny

my hair idol ms jadu said her Bargello vitamin routine really helped her in the beginning so I've been doing a modified version

The Princess

HSN (Hair, Skin, Nail Program) Two in the morning- Its helps my NG comes in soft and stronger,longer nails- Its has all the basic for Hair Growth, However what I mention before it what I have seen so far.

Folic Acid- 1 in the morning-It suppose to help w/hair, I don't know if it is or not, but I read its good for the digestive system and metabolism.

Biotion-5000mcg at night-Of course it aids w/hair growth

GNC Mega woman multivitamin- 1 at night, it gives me everthing that Im not getting from food.

Flaxseed Oil- 1 tablespoon at night- Its good for skin and suppose to help with hair.

What I plan on adding:
Alta Silica- I read its really good for hair just take caution on how much you take.

LivingDoll

Wow, y'all are taking a lot of stuff!

I take:

Solaray Hair Nutrients (2x daily)

Flaxseed Oil Pills (1x daily)

Nature One Multivitamin (1x daily)

Iron (1x daily)

At one time I took:

Nature Made Super B complex (the breakouts were relentless, even with tons of water)

MSM (didn't agree with my stomach)

GNC UltraNourishhair (The size and smell were :nono: I'm gonna try them again when I run out of my hair nutrients)

I would like to take:

Evening Primrose Oil

Silica (Bamboo)

Last edited:

locabouthair

Flaxseed oil: hoping to get that shiny soft hair
Twin lab Amino Acids: to give me more protein because somedays I dont get enough
Multivitamin: this is a must but I'm thinking of switching it to a hair vit
Iron: I'm anemic so I have to take iron, plus it might help with my hair also.

Britt

I'm taking:

A multi vitamin
EPO for PMS.. totally alleviates cramps and breast tenderness
Just started takiing Alta Silica...
Given up on biotin and MSM. No difference in anything for me, why bother :perplexed.

LaPetiteCoquette

One a Day Women's (with iron), biotin, flax seed oil capsules, Vitamin D. I also eat at least two slices of flax seed bread a day and also sprinkle flax seeds in a salad about three times a week. Why do I love flax seeds so much?

gymfreak336

I take

Nature Plus Ultra One Multi- wanted to try something differnent than my usual Kal. I like the fact that I only have to take one pill

PP Biotin- 5mg once or twice a day

Alta Silica- Currently taking 4-5 tablets daily for 1-2 months then down to 3-5
Fish oil 1000mg- 3x a day

Flaxseed oil- either 1/2 tablespoon or 2-3 tablets

Solaray Multi-Mineral- 3x a day

Solaray Iron- once a day until bottle is gone. Got iron levels checked and seriously low again:ohwell:

Irresistible

I take

Nature Plus Ultra One Multi- wanted to try something differnent than my usual Kal. I like the fact that I only have to take one pill

PP Biotin- 5mg once or twice a day

Alta Silica- Currently taking 4-5 tablets daily for 1-2 months then down to 3-5
Fish oil 1000mg- 3x a day

Flaxseed oil- either 1/2 tablespoon or 2-3 tablets

Solaray Multi-Mineral- 3x a day

Solaray Iron- once a day until bottle is gone. Got iron levels checked and seriously low again:ohwell:

Did you take those big brown Kal pills (gelcaps) too? I finally ditched those too, sometimes some of the pills would be broken with orange stuff all over the place

O/T Btw girl I did have that fruit tree fertalizer and feed already and did put them stick things into the soil, peachtree (and the others) are doin better :grin: Thank you!

oh how I wish you would have said only 3 of the silica mama, but I will leave that alone now *lol*

Do you feel sick when your Iron levels go low?

thinkpinkprincess

Right now I'm taking

*Trimedica Liquid MSM :barf: It tastes HORRIBLE, but I know it's high quality MSM, so I deal with it. I have joint problems that MSM gets rid of, and it's a bonus that it helps with hair too! Woo hoo!

*Now Omega 3-6-9-I wanted to take this to get the internal benefits of taking oil. But the capsules are too dang big and plus I know it's way more beneficial to take the straight oil. So after I run outta these, I'm gonna get some oil

*Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus-My slow growing hair needs ALL the help it can get!!!

What I'm planning on adding-
*Source of Life liquid multi- To get all of the vitamins I need, and keep my health and hairgrowth at the optimum level

*Super Silica liquid- To strengthen my hair, clear my face and help with my joints

*Raw honey- To speed metabolism and sleep better

*Organic evco- To speed metabolism and get the benefits of internally taking such a wonderful oil!

*ACV-To speed metabolism and do ACV rinses

(I have hypothyroid, so I need all the help I can get to speed my metabolism and lose this weight!!!)

ETA: Forgot to add that I'm also taking kelp for my hypothyroid. An added bonus is that it's supposed to speed up hair growth too :grin:

If I were to buy the silica liquid and apply it to my hair instead of drinking it, would that be pkay and would I get results?

Anyway, I'm currently taking:

Centrum A to ZInc Multi
BellaNutri Hair and Skin supplement (LOVE this stuff, but it's expensive :ohwell:)
Biotin
Vitamin E gel capsules
Calcium
Pantothenic Acid

Is this pretty good or should I add something else? I really wanna add a seaweed supplement and something else but I don't wanna over do it lol

gymfreak336

Did you take those big brown Kal pills (gelcaps) too? I finally ditched those too, sometimes some of the pills would be broken with orange stuff all over the place

O/T Btw girl I did have that fruit tree fertalizer and feed already and did put them stick things into the soil, peachtree (and the others) are doin better :grin: Thank you!

oh how I wish you would have said only 3 of the silica mama, but I will leave that alone now *lol*

Do you feel sick when your Iron levels go low?

I was taking the Kal Enhanced energy multi. I liked it but I wanted to try something more affordable. It got expensive:sad:

I know the silica deal :lol:

I did feel sick and I would get winded very easily when working out. I normally go for an hour or so doing hard cardio without too many problems but after the first 15 minutes, I felt like I was about to die. Not fun at all:nono:

Irresistible

If I were to buy the silica liquid and apply it to my hair instead of drinking it, would that be pkay and would I get results?

Anyway, I'm currently taking:

Centrum A to ZInc Multi
BellaNutri Hair and Skin supplement (LOVE this stuff, but it's expensive :ohwell:)
Biotin
Vitamin E gel capsules
Calcium
Pantothenic Acid

Is this pretty good or should I add something else? I really wanna add a seaweed supplement and something else but I don't wanna over do it lol

I say add a balanced B complex supplement :yep:

far as liquid horsetail I am sure there would be some topical benefit , I just dont know for sure ......I wonder if anyone has done this before?

Irresistible

I was taking the Kal Enhanced energy multi. I liked it but I wanted to try something more affordable. It got expensive:sad:

I know the silica deal :lol:

I did feel sick and I would get winded very easily when working out. I normally go for an hour or so doing hard cardio without too many problems but after the first 15 minutes, I felt like I was about to die. Not fun at all:nono:

Glad your taking the Iron, I always wondered if people felt sick with low Iron levels because it seems to be so common and it seems like some people dont know, but like you said when one thing was low in me I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE!

LOL

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Raw honey speeds metabolism?

Yep, I read about it in the health forum. I think it's called the Hibernation Diet. You take 1-2 tablespoons of raw organic honey before you go to bed, and it speeds your metabolism while you sleep. It said that 70 percent of weight (or something like that) is lost while you sleep, but if your metabolism is out of whack, it won't happen.

For some reason I CANNOT find that dang thread anymore!

OT: You look pretty in your siggy! :yep:

lilsparkle825

i feel like a slacker. all i take is onesource hair/skin/nails and i got it from walmart. and this is only my first bottle. LOL

after it is finished i will probably buy another (doesnt it take like 2mos to see results? IDK) and then switch to a more upscale brand, like something from GNC or the vitamin shoppe :lachen:to see if there is a difference.

i wanna try the EVCO thing too, just dont know how i feel about eating raw oil like that. well you know.

Irresistible

i feel like a slacker. all i take is onesource hair/skin/nails and i got it from walmart. and this is only my first bottle. LOL

after it is finished i will probably buy another (doesnt it take like 2mos to see results? IDK) and then switch to a more upscale brand, like something from GNC or the vitamin shoppe :lachen:to see if there is a difference.

i wanna try the EVCO thing too, just dont know how i feel about eating raw oil like that. well you know.

If do try the EVCO start out slow with it. I have no problems taking oils cause I never swallow it without a mouthful of something to drink to swallow it with

EMJazzy

Happily retired
In my supplement cabinet:

Kelp...I take 1 per day (for my thyroid)
B50 complex....I take 1 per day
Alta Silica...I take 3 per day
D-3 gelcaps...I take 1 per day
Cod Liver Oil gelcaps...I take 1 per day
Flax Seed Oil gelcaps....I take 2 per day
Solaray MSM....I take 2,000mg per day (about to up it to 3,000mg daily)
Ester-C....I take 1,000mg per day
Biotin.....I take 5mg per day
Hema-Plex....I take 1 per day (I have low iron)

I had to stop taking the D-3 and cod liver oil gelcaps because they were giving me high blood pressure problems. :sad:

Becareful with the supplements ladies....pay CLOSE attention to any bad changes in your health. I'm sure glad I did. :yep:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Yep, I read about it in the health forum. I think it's called the Hibernation Diet. You take 1-2 tablespoons of raw organic honey before you go to bed, and it speeds your metabolism while you sleep. It said that 70 percent of weight (or something like that) is lost while you sleep, but if your metabolism is out of whack, it won't happen.

For some reason I CANNOT find that dang thread anymore!

OT: You look pretty in your siggy! :yep:

Oh yeah? I'm gonna have to look into that. :scratchch

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm really slacking on the supplements.

Right now I'm taking...

One Source Multi-Vitamin
PP B-50 Complex
Biotin 5,000 mcg
Flaxseed 2 tsp. (just started back on this)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm taking:

A multi vitamin
EPO for PMS.. totally alleviates cramps and breast tenderness
Just started takiing Alta Silica...
Given up on biotin and MSM. No difference in anything for me, why bother :perplexed.
Where can I find this?

Irresistible

I had to stop taking the D-3 and cod liver oil gelcaps because they were giving me high blood pressure problems. :sad:

Becareful with the supplements ladies....pay CLOSE attention to any bad changes in your health. I'm sure glad I did. :yep:

oohh glad you caught it and stopped taking it! :yep:

I agree with your advice!

lovedone_24

Can somebody recommend a good, high quality hair, skin, and nails supplement? Right now I am only taking 2 tablespoons of flaxseed and a probiotic daily.

Irresistible

Where can I find this?

which one pokahotazz!? haha juss jokin! :rofl:

The Evening Primrose Oil , you can get just about anywhere! and it really does help! I take Borage Oil instead because EPO made me hot/ictchy. But my daughter takes the EPO and she is way less 'hormonal' now