The official Q/A Thread: for newbies and others who just need a question answered

audacity.

Hey, folx! I started a thread a while ago with a poll and never really followed through on it. So, here is my follow through...

Why don't we make this the "official" place to ask questions like:

What's a DC?
How do you baggie?
What is co-washing?
Who is Niko?
What is SAA?

or any other question that we see threads get started about and usually get little to no replies. :wallbash:

We all have those questions that are asked over and over, so this isn't just for the newbies...all are welcome! :yep:

*Muffin*

Sounds good to me :yep:. BTW, who is Niko and what is SAA? It looks like SAA might mean silk amino acids, am I right?

mrsmercery

Thank you!

What is MTG?
Is co-washing doine like a shampoo?
And lastly, I'm doing my first henna and did not have enough lemon juice so I aded apple cider vinegar (or as you good folks call it ACV) and right now my scalp is tingling:sad: it's been under 1 hour, did I do something wrong? I didn't add water, just some EVOO:grin: (I'm learning after all, huh), lemon juice and the vinegar, the paste came out like the HennaKing instructions said they should but my scalp feels like it's on fire, Help! plz:perplexed

EishBuhgeish

Thank you!

What is MTG?
And lastly, I'm doing my first henna and did not have enough lemon juice so I aded apple cider vinegar (or as you good folks call it ACV) and right now my scalp is tingling:sad: it's been under 1 hour, did I do something wrong? I didn't add water, just some EVOO:grin: (I'm learning after all, huh), lemon juice and the vinegar, the paste came out like the HennaKing instructions said they should but my scalp feels like it's on fire, Help! plz:perplexed

MTG is a oil sulfury concoction that supposedlly boost hair growth if used daily. See link: http://www.jeffersequine.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=1&pf_id=12006

Co-washing is done exactly like a shampoo, but conditioner is used in its place. Its reccomended to use a moisturizing condish over a protein one. I used to do those, I like them- but I never have time to really keep up with it.

Lastly, your henna mix, how much ACV did you add? It sounds like you may have added a little bit too much. Most folks only add a few drops, just for the color to release. My first henna treatment ended in disaster due to too much acid= lemon juice or ACV. Just make sure you rinse out really well and gently. You may encounter really dry, tangly hair. Well that how my hair reacted at least.

MY QUESTION (S):

1. What type of protein is Joicio KPak? GBP? Arent they on the same level? I'm looking for another good weekly (not super protein) condish. Any reccomendations?
2. Can someone explain washing with these powders, shikaki and what not... How are these supposed to cleanse your hair when your adding oil and all that?

mrsmercery

^^ Thank you. I believe I did too, I'm getting a headache. I didn't put any water in it. I'm wondering if I over did it entirely-I did the Aphogee treatment and used AlterEgo Garlic shampoo (my hair was very moist and soft, and I did leave a slight amount of the conditioner on my ends before applying the henna).

I'm on hair overload, I need to slow down. When I joined this site I got an even trim, the next day got some braids, took em out (see pic), now I'm on to the next thing. I guess I'm too excited (my mom pressed my hair until I was in my early 20's, I am so new to all this)...

carameldiva

Thank you!

What is MTG?

Add honey and yogurt to your henna mix next time and just a few splashes of the acv. Hope this helps and so sorry that it went wrong the first time.

mrsmercery

^^^Thank you too, but I think I jumped the gun. I just rinsed it out, i can see the auburn highlights and I shampooed with Ion Moisturizing shampoo, put on some more Alter Ego and a shower cap and I'm about to go to bed... My hair feels really soft, so it may have been a success after all, I'll make sure to keep it moisturized. That vinegar is NO JOKE! Never again will I mix them both, if I run out of lemon juice, I add water. My scalp is still feeling tingly, raw, or whatever (but I don't see anymore dandruff).

gymfreak336

MY QUESTION (S):

1. What type of protein is Joicio KPak? GBP? Arent they on the same level? I'm looking for another good weekly (not super protein) condish. Any reccomendations?
2. Can someone explain washing with these powders, shikaki and what not... How are these supposed to cleanse your hair when your adding oil and all that?

I can answer your first one.

Joico Kpak is a pretty strong protein. Its not as strong as the stinky Aphogee but it contains hydrolyzed kertain which is one of the stronger proteins. Aubrey Organics GBP is a mild protein treatment. The GBP would be good for weekly use. The joico would be good to use as needed if you notice your hair needs a protein boost. Both are good protein choices though. Remember to follow your protein treatments with a moisture treatment so you don't tip your protein/moisture balance too far in either direction.

For your second question, do some searches and look in the threads started by Candy_C..she and Sareca use a lot of indian powders.

audacity.

This is GREAT!

ccmuffingirl:

Niko is the person who does all the technical stuff on LHCF. He is the "webmaster" and a moderator. Here are a couple of threads about him. Quite an iteresting guy, if you ask me...

See a picture of Nikos here.
Find out who is Nikos' cousin here.

I think the other questions got answered.

Am I the only one who thinks this should be a sticky??? :look:

wannabelong

This is GREAT!

ccmuffingirl:

Niko is the person who does all the technical stuff on LHCF. He is the "webmaster" and a moderator. Here are a couple of threads about him. Quite an iteresting guy, if you ask me...

See a picture of Nikos here.
Find out who is Nikos' cousin here.

I think the other questions got answered.

Am I the only one who thinks this should be a sticky??? :look:

Thanks for the info. I often wondered, who is Nikos and who is his cousin?