The Positive Sayings of Jesus

Glib Gurl

Hello Sisters,

I have to confess something - very often when I think of things that Jesus said, I mostly think of reprimands and warnings of wailing and gnashing of the teeth :look:. So, I am challenging myself to meditate on the "positive" sayings of Jesus - things that don't frighten me, but that encourage me and make me want to draw closer to God. I hope that you all will help me in this endeavor by listing whatever sayings of Jesus that come to mind.

I will start with my favorite:

" . . . . I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." - John 10:10

Please add others!

Nice & Wavy

Hello Sisters,

I have to confess something - very often when I think of things that Jesus said, I mostly think of reprimands and warnings of wailing and gnashing of the teeth :look:. So, I am challenging myself to meditate on the "positive" sayings of Jesus - things that don't frighten me, but that encourage me and make me want to draw closer to God. I hope that you all will help me in this endeavor by listing whatever sayings of Jesus that come to mind.

I will start with my favorite:

" . . . . I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." - John 10:10

Please add others!

I'm sorry, Glib Girl, I totally missed this thread.

Here are some:

Jesus said: My peace I leave with you; My own peace I now give and bequeath to you...Do not let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27

Jesus said: But seek first of all His kingdom and His righteosnes, and all these things taken together will be given you besides. Mathew 6:33.

Jesus said: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Come on ladies....lets add some more of Jesus' words in this thread:grin:

PaperClip

"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God" (Matt 4:4; Luke 4:4)
(there's a whole lesson right there re. LOA.... hmmmm....)

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." (Mark 9:23)

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (St. John 12:32)

"I and my Father are one." (St. John 10:30)

This is a powerful thread.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
For you, Precious 'GG'... :giveheart:

Song of Solomon 4:7

"Thou art all fair, my love; there is NO SPOT in thee."

Precious 'GG', hear the word of the Lord unto you....from His heart and words, which never lie. For God cannot lie...

"Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair...."

(Song of Solomon 4:1)

Precious 'GG', God says to you further...

Isaiah 43: 4

Since thou wast Precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

And Precious 'GG'......

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
---------------------

Precious Daughter of God..."Precious GG"...in the eyes of God our Father and in the heart of your husband who will be....thou dearest one, excellest them all. They find no 'spot'...no fault...no error in thee. Thou art 'fair' , thou art beautiful among them all.

Hear the word of the Lord.

Precious Relaxer Rehab....

take this word and embrace it, for it is yours as well....thou art fair...very beautiful in whom there is no fault, no offense, no error, no reproach....

A New Thing, no longer a new 'cliche' nor old fable...a NEW thing, God is doing just for you....In Jesus's name, Amen and Amen.

The year of Manifestation. "2008 is not too late".... Amen. :heart2:

Love,

Shimmie...:giveheart: