Theradome Laser Hair Therapy Helmet

shugababe192

Hello Everyone!

Has anyone heard of the Theradome Laser Helmet? I first read about it on Refinery 29. It's an FDA approved, at home hair therapy treatment. Basically you put it on your head press a button and wait 20 minutes, 2x a week.
Supposedly, it helps generate new healthy hair, while improving overall hair health.

Here are the clinchers: right now if you donate $375, you can get one on promotion, however after that the price jumps to $695. Video description is here.

Also, and most aggravating, it is only designed to work on 4 skin tones which leaves alot of folks out, including myself. I'm thinking of trying it for the intro price but I am pissed that it's not designed for my skin tone.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I haven't heard of this particular product but laser combs (which I believe utilize the same laser light spectrum as this helmet) have been around for years.
Most of the anecdotal evidence I've seen with laser combs was only effective with pattern baldness (not alopecia), and was more effective for males than females.
But I think similar results as this helmet can be achieved with infared light and the latter is considerably cheaper, so you'd be able to test your susceptibility to this kind of treatment without spending $$$.
Basically, lasers/infrared light opens blood vessels, stimulating and rejuvenating. Some people even see similar results with regular exercise/massage/inversion/steam treatment.
I suppose if hair loss is a serious enough issue for you to consider buying this helmet, every little bit helps. But I'd recommend seeing it as a last resort. Maybe second to minoxidil.
HTH!

via LHCF App

Last edited:

Gin&Tonic

I am just giggling at how the effectiveness of the product has not been documented in darker skin tones. This doesn't mean it doesn't work . They just never bothered to include chocolate folks in the study to find out. This alone pissed me off .

Even though I could use this , the idea of using a dome near my head is weird. I would use something similar if it was a comb or wand .

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I thought it might have some correlation to higher melanin content so a lower susceptibility to treatment. Considering it works by exposing subjects to stimulating light, I would think it's similar to how Black people get sun damage/skin cancer but higher concentrations of melanin reduce susceptibility.

I am just giggling at how the effectiveness of the product has not been documented in darker skin tones. This doesn't mean it doesn't work . They just never bothered to include chocolate folks in the study to find out. This alone pissed me off .

Even though I could use this , the idea of using a dome near my head is weird. I would use something similar if it was a comb or wand .

via LHCF App

Last edited:

Gin&Tonic

I thought it might have some correlation to higher melanin content so a lower susceptibility to treatment. I mentioned, Black people get sun damage/skin cancer but higher concentrations of melanin reduce susceptibility.

via LHCF App

I guess, I think they just didn't try. It saved money to exclude blacks from the study. Plus, folks a re invested in keeping us without hair.

shugababe192

I haven't heard of this particular product but laser combs (which I believe utilize the same laser light spectrum as this helmet) have been around for years.
Most of the anecdotal evidence I've seen with laser combs was only effective with pattern baldness (not alopecia), and was more effective for males than females.
But I think similar results as this helmet can be achieved with infared light and the latter is considerably cheaper, so you'd be able to test your susceptibility to this kind of treatment without spending $$$.
Basically, lasers/infrared light opens blood vessels, stimulating and rejuvenating. Some people even see similar results with regular exercise/massage/inversion/steam treatment.
I suppose if hair loss is a serious enough issue for you to consider buying this helmet, every little bit helps. But I'd recommend seeing it as a last resort. Maybe second to minoxidil.
HTH!

via LHCF App

Thanks for your input! I really have to think about what I want to do. :yep:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Can someone explain what skintone has to do with how it works to improve hair health?

Certain lasers cannot distinguish a dark colored hair follicle from dark skin.

When I was getting laser hair removal treatments, I had to go to a place that had a YAG laser for dark skin.