Thin/Fine Naturals, what are the best or worst product lines for our hair?

yodie

I am a fine natural head. I want to find one product line that works great for my hair. Have any of you ladies had great experiences with just one product line? My hair craves moisture, needs light protein. If so:

Product line?
What did it do for your hair?
Pros/cons?

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm not devoted to any particular line because I like different products from different lines.

I'm interested to see what others have to say. :yep:

yodie

Neither have I. That other thread prompted me to ask the thin/fine ladies the same question.

CurlsBazillion

My hair is thin/low density and I don't like VO5 or White Rain conditioners. I tried GVP Joico K-Pak today and it made my hair coarse. Granted I left it on for 20 min and the directions say 5 min but dang lmao. Lesson learned and will try it again following the directions. To answer your question, I love Aussie Moist Line, I shampoo with the 2n1, cowash with the conditioner, and I add the 3min conditioner too my weekly DC mix. I love ORS Replenishment Conditioner. I can't say a whole line is my enemy or a whole line is my best friend.

yodie

DayDreamist, have you ever tried the actual Joico K-pak treatment? I've used both and the Sally's version made my hair a little hard as well, but the Joico brand didn't at all.

Esthi777

I'm a thin fine 3A/B and I'm still learning what my hair loves but I know it hates coconut oil and almost all thick shampoos/condish. It loves natural porducts lines like Giovanni, AO and Trader Joes shampoos/condish. I'm experimenting with Kinky Kurly and it sounds like I may do well with the Mixed Chicks line.

Subbing to find out others opinions:yep:

Imani

I'm 4b, I have a mix of strands some fine, some medium I believe and my hair is really porous. I generally use natural based products unless I'm wearing my hair straight.

I like Bee Mine products, I don't use the entire line. But I especially like the Luscious moisturizer. It is not too light and not too heavy. I feel like it actually sinks into my hair. And it also has a small amt of protein in it which is prob good for fine strands.

I haven't used a single product from Carols Daughter line that I like, I put them on my hair and they just don't really do much at all. So I assume perhaps they are too light for my hair.

Qhemet products didn't do much for me either and neither did Afroveda. They just kind of sat on top of my hair.

As far as salon lines for straight hair, I like Design Essentials and Joico Moisture Retention line. I usually do the instant conditioners from them but use them as deep conditioners under the steamer or maybe mix them with a heavier conditioner, like a half and half. For instance the Joico MR Balm conditioner that everyone raves about is too heavy for me on its own so I may mix it with the regular Joico MR conditioner.

CurlsBazillion

OP, I havn't tried the actual Joico K-Pak and it looks like I'll have to. I will give the sally's brand 2 more tries, once straight, and once mixed with honey and oils.