Things are finally looking up!!!!

beana3

Ladies i tried the DRC-28 stuff (1 week post relaxer) as a preventative measure and this stuff is great! my hair felt significantly stronger and heavier, like nothing i've tried before. I've used Aphogee treatment, Emergencee, Elasta BCS and nothing really comes close to the strengthening i feel the DRC gave me.

i used it for 10 mins w/heat then let it cool for another 10 mins rinsed, then i used the Unfrizz to soften for 10 mins and my hair was tangle free. I rollerset it afterwards w/ the Vive serum. My hair is still in rollers.

I'll come back to this thread to report how the proetin treatment is holding up, i think i've finally solved the last peice of my puzzle as far as my staple regime. darnit the only setback is that is runs for $50

pooh123

Oh my gosh Beana3!!
I'm glad it worked for you. How many ounces do you get with the DRC and where did you purchase it?

pooh123

beana3

pooh, i actually tried out a sample that one of the ladies here gave me. it was about 2oz's or so, and i was just enough for complete coverage.
the treatment (depending on length of hair ) indicates that you should use 1/2 oz-2oz's depending on length and thickness of hair. the bottle is 16oz' s i believe for $50.
If the results lasts until the 3 week mark i may seriously consider buying the full sized bottle. I say 3 weeks because ALL my heavy duty treatments fail me at this point.

melodee

Beana,
I need some of that magic. My hair gets weak right after a touch up. I ALWAYS have breakage around the edges.

Definitely keep us posted. BTW, who makes Unfrizz?

Tracy

Beanababy

Pleased to hear you are neailing things down. You seem to be having a nice time lately with your product choices and regime. That's great!

I always justify the cost of my concentrated protein by remembering that I'll only need about 2 or 3 tablespoons once every 4-6 weeks - which means you probably only need about a bottle a year....

It's great whern you find that piece to the puzzle that was missing. And it's been a long road for you so that makes us doubly happy.

beana3

thanks tracy and everyone else for the encouragement!

Melodee: Loreal makes the Unfrizz smoothing treatment, check out daviine's thread "i'm in effin' love" for more raves....

honeycomb: DRC-28 is a Dudley's hair product. I do not think it can be purchased online.. its like some top secret hair stuff that i heard stores get really crappy about

LondonDiva

Beana my hair twin, I'm happy for ya. I know things weren't going too right in the hair dept for ya. I wanna try this stuff to, being hair twins and all and knowing what usually works on you works on me, but dudley's ain't nowhere to be found on this side of the water. Lucky for my pocket eh??
I gues I'll just stick with the Aphogee for now.