Thinking about braids at end of next month

youwillrise

so, i was thinking i'd try some braids (with extra hair) this summer. was thinking of getting medium sized, maybe midback lengthed braids. now, the last time i had braids with extensions was when i was a pre-teen...so i'm kinda nervous about the process.

any tips?

what should be done to my hair to prepare for the braiding? how do you ensure your own hair is super well moisturized before putting the extension hair in?

what should i do while the braids are in?

how long is too long to keep them in?

i'm thinking of getting these after work lets off for summer vacation (we end on june 21) and taking them out before we go back for our pre-school year meetings and classroom set up (which'll be in mid august)...would that be too long? it'd be about 2 months.

pinkness27

any tips?

I usually spray a leave in conditioner on my scalp and on the braids itself.

what should be done to my hair to prepare for the braiding? how do you ensure your own hair is super well moisturized before putting the extension hair in? I wash the night before and moisturize.

what should i do while the braids are in?

Watch for your edges and nape.

how long is too long to keep them in?

Anything after 3 months. ESP if you're spraying daily and/or washing them.

i'm thinking of getting these after work lets off for summer vacation (we end on june 21) and taking them out before we go back for our pre-school year meetings and classroom set up (which'll be in mid august)...would that be too long? it'd be about 2 months.

2 months sounds good. Lately I've been keeping them in for 2 months as opposed to 3 bc my edges have suffered.

youwillrise

thanks for the tips!

i'm also not sure if it's best to use synthetic or human hair for this. i mean, i know that synthetic tends to be very drying to the real hair and can cause itchies. hmmmm.