this brush will save your life!!! Goody's Jojoba Brush

poookie

or at least your hair!!

[i know there have been threads on this before, but i had to share.]

transitioners? naturals? & relaxed heads with delicate strands?
you all need this brush in your life!!!

Goody's Styling Therapy Jojoba Cushion Brush.
apparently its bristles are infused with oil. i'm not so sure about that but it is amazingly soft. so soft, i wasn't sure if it was even going to go through my hair. but it did!

i'm twelve weeks post relaxer, & this stuff glid right through my hair. i can't use fine toothed combs or paddle brushes because they snap my relaxed hairs right off, but this brush was SOOOOO gentle. i detangled my WHOLE head of hair, all the way through the new growth, & the ONLY hairs i lost were shed hairs!!! this brush will save my life as i go further along in transitioning.

definitely give it a try if you have trouble detangling!

PerplexingComplex

That brush did detangle my hair well, but it costs too much for me to have to replace it due to broken bristles after every 1 or 2 use.

poookie

oh no PC! the bristles seemed soft but i didn't realize they were fragile as well. i'll make sure to be extra gentle with mine... because you're right, this brush is a bit too pricey to have to keep replacing.

sharifeh, i bought mine at the grocery store for 11.99, but you can find it at walMart & online for a bit cheaper.

Crown

That brush did detangle my hair well, but it costs too much for me to have to replace it due to broken bristles after every 1 or 2 use.

So true!
This brush is amazing for detangling, gentle for fine hair and reduces the shrinkage.
But it's too fragile, the bristles brake easily and it's pricey.
I will not replace mine.

msdeevee

oh no PC! the bristles seemed soft but i didn't realize they were fragile as well. i'll make sure to be extra gentle with mine... because you're right, this brush is a bit too pricey to have to keep replacing.

sharifeh, i bought mine at the grocery store for 11.99, but you can find it at walMart & online for a bit cheaper.

You can't be extra gentle with the brush the bristles are simply too fragile. I am extra gentle with my hair while using it but I lose 3-4 bristles each time and then when you go to use it again there are a couple ready to drop. I don't think at present there is a way to prolong the life of the brush.

I've looked high and low for this brush, can't find it anywhere

If it helps I have seen them at Target, Rite-Aid and CVS. They probably have them at Duane Reade also if that's in your area. Or is Duane Reade a NY thing?

isabella09

:yep: This brush is fantastic :love: (I have the one pictured by the OP which I’ve used and the larger one which I haven’t used). I’ve used mine for a couple of months and haven’t experienced any of the bristles breaking (I'm transitioning to natural and put my hair in sections before using it). I did however buy a lot of brushes when I was finally able to locate them to ensure that I have back-ups as the bristles are very delicate and the brush was extremely hard for me to find.

Last edited:

PerplexingComplex

I'm a type 4 natural with really dense hair, so I just blamed it on that. Even though I broke my usual 4 sections for detangling into about 16, still wasn't enough I guess. Took the brush out the package, felt the bristles, literally rolled my eyes, then gave the side eye to all the naturals that suggested it :lol:

I'm sure it works better for some people, I just wasn't a part of that group.

I've looked high and low for this brush, can't find it anywhere

I got mine at rite aid. I also saw them at CVS, Walmart and 2 different grocery stores(shoppers & giant, don't know if you have those where you live).

ETA: I know it's online at amazon, but then you would have to pay for shipping.

Last edited:

MizzCoco

I have been trying to find this brush since I first heard about it! I need a brush like that in my life, but i'm too cheap to order it online...I have been to Walmarts,Target and Walgreens, but none seem to have it! :sad:

varaneka

I have this brush and I mostly use it now for massaging my scalp lol but I agree I love itttttt

oh and I also have the copper one for dandruff...not sure if it worked, but you do have to be careful b/c it's easy to overuse it and that makes the scalp so sore!

Ms Kain

or at least your hair!!

[i know there have been threads on this before, but i had to share.]

transitioners? naturals? & relaxed heads with delicate strands?
you all need this brush in your life!!!

Goody's Styling Therapy Jojoba Cushion Brush.
apparently its bristles are infused with oil. i'm not so sure about that but it is amazingly soft. so soft, i wasn't sure if it was even going to go through my hair. but it did!

i'm twelve weeks post relaxer, & this stuff glid right through my hair. i can't use fine toothed combs or paddle brushes because they snap my relaxed hairs right off, but this brush was SOOOOO gentle. i detangled my WHOLE head of hair, all the way through the new growth, & the ONLY hairs i lost were shed hairs!!! this brush will save my life as i go further along in transitioning.

definitely give it a try if you have trouble detangling!

That's sort of like this one I got from Amazon. It's an Earth Therapeutics Natural Wooden Pin Massage Brush. It was 12.99 though. Feels like I'm giving myself a massage..... I looooooovvveeee iiiittt!

Attachments

• Earth Therapeutics Natural Wooden Pin Massage Brush.jpg
    Earth Therapeutics Natural Wooden Pin Massage Brush.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 30

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
dang i want that brush! if i remember correctly, it got rave reviews from both mwedzi and pokahontas. unfortunately, i cannot find this freakin brush! :mad:

poookie

to those that have had bristles break: how are you using your brush? i can see how a natural with thick hair might lose a few bristles brushing the hair without sectioning it. i section my hair before brushing, & there's very little tension on the bristles.

& this brush is dang near impossible to find in stores, lol! normally i'd never pay 11.99 for a brush, but i see it so infrequently in stores, i had to take the plunge!

*Muffin*

This brush caught my eye at the BSS almost a year ago. I thought it was a cool concept, but didn't pay much more attention to it. I might have to check it out again.

LABETT

That's sort of like this one I got from Amazon. It's an Earth Therapeutics Natural Wooden Pin Massage Brush. It was 12.99 though. Feels like I'm giving myself a massage..... I looooooovvveeee iiiittt!
I have this same brush and love it.:weird:
I bought mine from TJ Max for 5 bucks and they have small and large sizes.
I bought two because it feels like you are giving your scalp a massage and the bristles does not break easily.