This is the most IGNORANT HAIR VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN!

nikolite

TBH, my hair's always been "long" well, long to people that don't know many people with apl or longer hair. And my eyebrows are stupid bushy. they can fully grow in, in a week and im just a hairy person. So it could possibly have some barrings on certain people. Because I know daggonit. I'm hairy.

Well I am APL and a hairy girl too, hoping that it will get longer though because that's not that long to me. If that's the definition of long then maybe there's some truth to it. My sister is hairy too and has MBL hair without effort. Her hair strands are much coarser/thicker than my fine hair (which I think is the REAL reason some people's hair grow longer because they experience less breakage, not texture). But another sister has non-existent eyebrows and hair longer than mine's, and her strands are coarse too.

Last edited:

Solitude

:lol: I have really fine eyebrows and minimal body hair but my hair (on my head) has always been thick, strong and resilient....and I've always retained pretty well. I'm always confused when people say stuff about thick eyebrows and its correlation to long hair....I only recently started hearing about it on this site....it sure dont apply to me!:rofl:

BlackMasterPiece

You may be the exception and not the rule, OR the hair on your head may not be as coarse as you think it is and your eyebrows could be a sign of that OR, it could just be that you have naturally/genetically resilient hair like you said.....which is also what the woman was saying in the video! lol

Some people have resilient hair genetically whether relaxed/natural/whatever.

Not to put you on the spot, but many women with natural, coarse hair simply cannot get a silky-straight press like you can without some heat training...BTW, thanks for putting me on to Fantasia heat protectant and serum. They work great!

BlackMasterPiece

Solitude said:
BlackMasterPiece

You may be the exception and not the rule,
Solitude ITA with this, most of the other women I've seen with hair as coarse as mine tend to be hairier. All my hairyness was concentrated on my scalp:lol:

OR the hair on your head may not be as coarse as you think it is and your eyebrows could be a sign of that OR, it could just be that you have naturally/genetically resilient hair like you said.....which is also what the woman was saying in the video! lol
Ho-NEY! My hair is DEFINITELY coarse and very resilient, one of the biggest demonstrations of this is the fact that I was able to retain some decent length as a little girl even with the way my mom would (unintentionally) rip and tear at my hair with dry combing. But now that I'm handling my hair myself it still takes some considerable precaution to make sure I maintain my hair.

I actualy feel where the lady in the video is coming from. I think more (genuine) 4b's need to start YTchannels to inspire other ladies to know that this hair texture can retain. I myself am a combo of mosty 4a with some 4b mixed in.

Some people have resilient hair genetically whether relaxed/natural/whatever.

Not to put you on the spot, but many women with natural, coarse hair simply cannot get a silky-straight press like you can without some heat training...
Yep, my hair is heat trained, my tight coils would not be able to get so silky without me pressing on the regular earlier in my journey:yep:

BTW, thanks for putting me on to Fantasia heat protectant and serum. They work great!
Its my pleasure hun!:kiss:

Last edited:

Rei

I have coarse eyebrows and I am pretty hairy overall, but the hair on my head is fine, I have always had trouble retaining and my growth rate is like a snail, so I'm pretty sure that 'hairy/long hair business is complete bull****.

kinkylove

That was one of the funniest videos I have ever seen in my life! :lachen: She should have put "DON'T JUDGE ME" at the bottom of the vid, because she had to know the squares were going to be clutching their pearls, :lol:

I have NO IDEA how anyone can take this girl's video seriously... She's cursing... And??

If it was a MAN, like Martin, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Richard Pryor, or whomever saying the exact same thing she is, people would not be calling them "ignorant"...they'd be calling them "REAL" Lol. I agree with Ravenia, Renewmetoo, jwhitley6, and a couple other ladies on here regarding the vid.

She sounds just like some of those girls I went to college with in Atlanta. Their voice has a twang, lol. They also kept it 100.

Everything she said is what half of the folks on the board are probably thinking anyway :blush:

OsnapCnapp!

Oh ok I saw some of your posts, lol. Sorry guys Im a nursing school student and I don't have much time to come in here anymore but I miss it. Well, maybe I said thinngs wrong. If you do not rela your hair, ok, yes you have natural hair. But when you hear someone say...oh Im all-natural and I live natural but then you see them eating junk or smoking and blow all their dollars on hair stuff instead of buying healthy food and living clean. I thought that's what all-natural meant and to be a natural person not to just have natural hair but still put toxic things into your body. Maybe I am wrong.

femmemuscle

at first i couldn't get past the "chomping" on the gum.. and the "Imma need..." "Imma need..".. but once i did, i couldn't help but laugh.. I stopped judging the messenger and understood her message.

We all express ourselves the best way we can. I also understand where she's coming from. If we can get past the "judging of the presentation".. and just look at what she's trying to convey, i think the message is pretty clear. She's trying to find her way.. gotta start somewhere..

I'd say with the supportive replies from the other you tubers, she'll be doing natural videos in time.

"Understanding" where a person is coming from is far more important than being concerned about how they express their needs. (But i do like her "imma need... imma need"):)

MsLizziA

I just couldn't believe someone posted on her page that LHCF has 12 pages about you :lol:
Who spilled our secret? :mad: :lachen:

Are you serious?! :lachen: :lachen:

That vid she posted up natural hair girls making her extra sick had me DYING laughing!

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

Tiye

:lol: I have really fine eyebrows and minimal body hair but my hair (on my head) has always been thick, strong and resilient....and I've always retained pretty well. I'm always confused when people say stuff about thick eyebrows and its correlation to long hair....I only recently started hearing about it on this site....it sure dont apply to me!:rofl:

It's not written in stone and there are exceptions. For example many South Asians and MEastern people tend to be hairy and have long hair, but some Chinese people have very long hair but they're not hairy - sooo as people point out on lhcf all the time - it's called genetics and there are variables.

Dragone

There's nothing ignorant about her video, she's just an old-school salty broad. People act like curse words automatically equal ignorance or lack of class. Read a Shakespearean comedy once in a while and get over it.

And she's got a GREAT sense of humor.