This PJ has been cured: FINALLY found my new DC staple!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
For a while, I've been searching for the "perfect" DC for my natural, fine, shoulder length, 4a strands.

It's been a wild, wild ride! Since having a scissor-happy stylist CUT my slow-growing APL hair instead of merely trimming it (to give you an idea how long my hair was, I'm 5'10 and she cut it to about shoulder length!), dealing with the seriously loosening effects of henna, and the post-partum shedding after my son was born, my hair was JACKED.UP.

I decided to return to what got me great retention in ther first place: weekly co-washing, weekly DCS with heat for about an hour, twisting and sealing nightly, and wearing twist-outs. For some reason, I'm able to retain length with twist-outs.

So while browsing my local BSS, I came across the Doo Gro products. I decided to pick up a jar of their Mega Long Extreme Reconstructor and a jar of Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil Cholesterol Cream because I remember really, really liking this product in the past. On my next DC day, I mixed 4tbs of the Doo Gro and 4tbs of the Hollywood Beauty DCs, added some olive oil, SAA, glycerin, agave nectar and honey quat and sat under my dryer for an hour. After letting my hair cool for 30 minutes, I detangled and rinsed. The effects of this concoction was immediate: for the first time in a long, long, LONG time, my hair felt smooth, soft, strong and moisturized. While my hair was still damp, I used KCKT and glycerin to twist my hair and sealed with Softee Shea Butter Grease. HEAVENLY.

I'm so happy to have found the Doo Gro and return to the Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol! I love the fact that they are both very reasonably priced and I can find them about a block from my house! Here are the ingredients for both cuz I know some of ya'll will want to know :lachen:!

Doo Gro Mega Long Extreme Reconstructor: Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Mineral Oil, Olive Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-75 Lanolin, Avocado Oil, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Shea Butter, Tetrasodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Blue #1, Yellow #5. (On the back, I just noticed it says in bold "Great on Natural Hair!"...ha!...they ain't neva lied!).

Hollywood Beauty Carrot Cholesterol: Deionized Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydronated Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carrot Oil, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Egg Protein, Cholesterol, Aloe Vera Extract, Calendula Extract, Lemon Extract, Rosemary Extract, Great Burdock Extract, Ivy Extract, Pine Extract, Sage Extract, Watercress Extract, Chamomile Extract, White Nettle Extract, Capucine Extract, Fragrance, Methyl Paraben, Propl Paraben, Diazolidinyl Urea, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, D&C Yellow #10, FD & C Yellow #5, FD & C Yellow #6

Thanks for reading my long post! I'm just so happy to be on the road back to happy, healthy hair and finding the DCs that will help get me there!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Congratulations on finding your staple dc. It's always awesome when you find your staples. :up:

Yep, it is! :grin:

I've been such a PJ that finding something that really, truly works and is inexpensive and easy to find and purchase is priceless!

Thanks, Allandra andb you have such beautiful hair!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Now OP just stay out of the Makeup and nail forums as you'll become a pj all over again:giggle:

bride91501

Just wanted to cosign...this stuff is the truth. Been using it for a while now. It's the first DC I didn't have to mix with anything to have amazing results.

I'm pretty sure it's the castor oil in it :yep: My hair loves that stuff.....

PJaye

Now OP just stay out of the Makeup and nail forums as you'll become a pj all over again:giggle:

Someone should've advised me of this two months ago because I just got hooked on nail polish.:ohwell:

OP, congrats on finding your staples (and inexpensive ones at that)!