Caramel Hair treatment?

JustKiya

Do you do anything else to your hair after the caramel treatment prior to styling like an ACV rinse, leave in conditioner, etc?

Hrm, it depends. Usually, I don't - I might wash my hair with some Ayurvedic herbs before hand, but I don't do anything afterwards that I don't normally do post-DC.

Beany

Bumping this old thread because I did a caramel treatment today and twas awesome. I used 6 tablespoons of honey, 6 tablespoons of EVOO, 1 tablespoon of acv, 3 tablespoons of black strap molasses, 2 containers of banana baby food, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, half tablespoon of wheat germ oil.

I warmed until thickened on low- medium heat and applied to wet hair. Left it on for several hours then steamed for 30 minutes (w/ a cap because it drips A LOT). After steaming I let it sit another 30-45 minutes then rinsed out with as I am coconut cowash.

Great treatment. Hair was soft and moisturized and curls were on point. Will do monthly for sure.

msbettyboop

I do something like this but as a prepoo. I wash out with CON argon oil shampoo then deep condition. My hair feels fantastic and soft for days. My flat irons also started turning out great for the first time since going natural. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Harina

I did this a couple times back in the day and it is great but boy it was just too much work for me to keep up.

Beany

Yeah it is a bit much mixing everything and "cooking" it so to speak @Harina, but one of my goals this year was to start being more DIY (especially after all the BF shenanigans lol). I really like the results and hopefully I can stick with it.