Thoughts on Sororities and Fraternities

jenell85

I wanted to ask you ladies how you all felt about sororities and fraternities. I did a search to make sure this wasn't a repeat topic and the only thing that came up was the discussion earlier on Christian Sororities which then did lead to this topic kind of. Anyway, I know there are stereotypes about them and I am aware that everything they do is not good. But I also do know that alot of the things they do are to better their communities and uplift other blacks. If I was to join it would not be to stroll in the club (cause I don't club) or just to wear the letters, I see it as my opportunity to expose young girls to a woman of God who is living her life for the Lord. To show them that Christians aren't tired and boring, you can be a christsian and have fun too, and really just to help guide them in the right way. It is eveident to me that alot of young girls do not get this type of guidance at home. I would also see it as an opportunity to lead by example for the other members of the sorority and maybe be able to witness to them also. That is God's purpose for us anyway right? To know him and make him know. I see a sorority as my outlet to do this, what do you all think?

This was the topic of debate a few weeks ago. The mods may have removed it. And I'm sure this tread will be closed.

Back