Thoughts On This Homemade Hair Growth Oil???

Daina

Still too early to gauge growth but thickness, thickness, thickness abounds! Also the scalp benefits continue. Once again I think I will be able to skip my weekly cleanse. I've been massaging the oil in every other day and my scalp feels great, no itching, dryness or flaking.:bouncegreen: Prior to next cleanse day I am going to start using my new batch that has horsetail and stinging nettle leaf as a pre-poo.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Tomorrow makes 2 weeks since my last wash and my scalp and hair are still amazing.

I'm going to clay wash my twists on Sunday when I return from Austin TX. . Or I might just be a rebel and push to week 3 before clay washing.

yaya24

I wish I could wait 2 weeks. I work out 3-4 days a week, so I have to wash weekly.

It has been lovely.

Once I start working out again I will definitely have to go back to washing more often.

Usually the workout spree for me starts in October around my birthday and lasts till March or so.

For now, I get my exercise from parking far away, taking the stairs..and one other way.

I'm a huge healthy eater.

PureSilver

Hmmmm, i just happened to see this thread but i did make a batch of this oil using curly proverbs recipe on May 5th. I haven't used it yet because i,m giving it 2 weeks to infuse. I really hope i can gain an inch a month using this because lord knows i need the growth and a whole lotta thickness

PureSilver

Hmmmm, i just happened to see this thread but i did make a batch of this oil using curly proverbs recipe on May 5th. I haven't used it yet because i,m giving it 2 weeks to infuse. I really hope i can gain an inch a month using this because lord knows i need the growth and a whole lotta thickness

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Does anyone's scalp itch the morning after? The oil pretty much gets absorbed overnight, but it itches a bit until I wash the next day.

yaya24

Does anyone's scalp itch the morning after? The oil pretty much gets absorbed overnight, but it itches a bit until I wash the next day.
My scalp hasn't been. Which version of the mix are you using?
Mine does not have vitamin C powder in it. It also doesn't have evoo. Evoo always causes my scalp to itch if I don't rinse it out.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Still using and loving my own take on her original recipe. I use it on my scalp every 2-3 days and the matching cream I made to compliment it twice a week on my length and ends after spraying my hair with a distilled water/glycerin mix. My scalp drinks this stuff up and the matching cream just soaks in my hair and allows my fingers to glide down with no tangles. I think the fenugreek seeds add extra detangling benefits. Both products (oil & cream) are staples now!

mzpurp

I used my oil on Sunday!!

I have marley twists in my hair right now so i semi-cleansed my scalp with some witch hazel then applied the oil. It doesn't smell too bad and wasn't too heavy at all. I know one thing my hair soaked it up! I made another batch last weekend and let it sit on the candle warmer for a couple hours (yes, i had to buy a candle warmer to infuse like you ladies :lol:)

I will prob re-oil my scalp tomorrow evening.

tapioca_pudding

Will be brewing a batch for about 2 weeks starting this weekend (24 hours on the candle warmer first):

Grapeseed oil
Carrot Oil
Avocado Oil
JBCO
Coconut Oil
MSM
Fenugreek seeds

Gonna do this batch w/o the amla powder and see what happens. (Although I may say "*** it" and add some a la coffee filter the last week of brewing lol. I'll see how I feel.)

Still going strong w/ my Xcel spray mixed w/ oil blend. Still on the fence about reordering the Xcel but I also still have three bottles in my cart :lol: .
I forgot I had some hemp seed oil, so I threw a few squirts of that in my mix. DH keeps shaking the jar and asking when it's going to be "done" :lol: .

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My scalp hasn't been. Which version of the mix are you using?
Mine does not have vitamin C powder in it. It also doesn't have evoo. Evoo always causes my scalp to itch if I don't rinse it out.
I didn't put evoo in my mix, because it's too heavy and hard to wash out. I used coconut oil, rosemary, lavender, peppermint oil, amla powder and brahmi oil. Come to think of it, my workouts are probably causing the itch. Or maybe it's a growth itch... a girl can dream :pray:

beauti

I had so much oil left that I drenched my hair with for a prepoo on Sunday. I oiled my scalp and length, then sat under dryer 30 minutes. You guys I felt like the Herbal Essence commercial when I shampoo'd :lol: my hair was very silky. I will brew another batch by end of the week.

Jade Feria

I still have some Shapeley's MTG from a couple of years ago. Since I prefer the consistency (and scent!!!) of my DIY oil, I'm thinking I'll extract some of the sulphur from the MTG and put it in my scalp bottle of DIY oil.

nycutiepie

This looks good but I am too lazy for this. I wish someone would whip it up and market it as a retail product. That's how the Beemine product that's in stores now started here years ago.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This looks good but I am too lazy for this. I wish someone would whip it up and market it as a retail product. That's how the Beemine product that's in stores now started here years ago.

Don't let that stop you. If I can do it, anyone can. I've never concocted any DIY hair thing before. It really was just dumping the ingredients in a glass jar.

I keep the ingredients all in one box along with the recipe so that there's nothing to think about come time to make a new batch: Just grab the box, combine the ingredients, done. :smile:

Aggie

Oiled my scalp last night and just finished oiling my scalp tonight with a tiny bit of scalp massage. My scalp is feeling nice and tingly because I added a little more of the essential oils to my recipe. I couldn't feel any tingle before with the original recipe essential oil dosage.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
OIled my scalp last night and just finished oiling my scalp tonight with a tiny bit of scalp massage. My scalp is feeling nice and tingly because I added a little more of the essential oils to my recipe. I couldn't feel any tingle before with the original recipe essential oil dosage.

Hmm :scratchchin:

:smile:

Daina

Back again doing my happy dance for this growth oil!!!:bdance:I used my latest batch which has stinging nettle leaf and horsetail as part of my AVJ/Gel pre-poo and good gracious my hair was super soft and is super moisturized! I stumbled on the moisture drenched pre-poo thread and tried it. This will be part of my regimen weekly and the growth oil on top took it to another level.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Umm why are lil baby hairs growing down the middle of my neck? LOL

View attachment 397115

View attachment 397117

I always wipe my face down after applying the oil but I guess I gotta start wiping the back of my neck too to get the run off!

Wearing my hair down today. I'm really trying to get my braidouts to hang at my waist. Don't know how long that will take, but I'm glad I've found a nice oil blend that will help take me there. Here's where my braidouts hang now, so I'll use this as my starting picture to document my growth.

View attachment 397113
I'm not doing a real length check until March 2018. Them joints take too long (The process) and I just did one last month (my avatar) LOL

I've removed all chemicals (color) and harsh ingredients that can't be removed from my hair with my natural shampoos. Hopefully these changes can take my hair health sky high.

Here is my one month update. I think I got a decent boost of growth. I'm 6 months pregnant so my waist is slowly disappearing but my braidouts are inching down there to it. I will update again at the 3 month of usage timeframe.

image.jpg