To all ladies that ps for most of the time how do people react

JeterCrazed

They're completely underwhelmed. My PS's are generally intricate designs- mohawk cornrows, fishtails and corkscrews and such. When I take it out, it's like, "Putchya wig back on." :look:

NikkiQ

My hair isn't that great so I don't get too many different reactions. My family doesn't really care and my coworkers are kinda over me changing my hair up all the time. The first time I wore it out after dying it bright red got a lot of reaction, but other than that....crickets lol

lana

Hmm...well I bun my hair for a month straight....I wash and rebun during that month.

Anyways when I take the time to straighten it and leave it swinging I dance around the house and shake my hair in the mirror. My hubby gets a good laugh out of how happy I am to have finally reached my hair goals and..beyond.

I would have never believed that my hair would go from ear length to almost mid back length. I'm literally hovering over mid back length hair...wow! So my own reaction is probably way may drastic than others.

I said this in one other thread and the compliment made me so happy that I will say it again. A friend that saw my hair hanging and swinging called me Rapunzel. I smiled bright enough to blind the sun!

I keep saying well this is as long as I want to let it get...but then I watch it grow two more inches....(lol) So we'll see if I stop...ever. I love this hair!

PinkPeony

I'm not always around distant family, outsiders really don't care. I do get a lot of "wow you're hair is growing" but that's about it.
TracieBLovely I'm always surprised when people don't care that much IRL
They ooh and aah and sometimes want to touch it but I don't let them :)
Cendra haha what is it with the wanting to touch it? :lol:

Oh I can't wait to have all these problems lol my hair is around APL but I dnt feel that's long on me. Only my mum n brothr really see my hair and that is when I take down my installs - my mum has officially named me the bush woman lol I want to reveal at the end of the year :)

kinky curlygenie we are >< here. I'm slightly above Apl and WISH I'd have those problems.
I decided not to reveal till september maybe longer

PinkPeony

Usually there's just a "Wow you got a lotta hair" and that's about it. lol
KCcurly
You do have alot of hair, very puuuttrrry:yep:

Me wearing my hair down always makes people that see me regularly make a big deal. It's almost uncomfortable, but I wouldn't trade it!

Supergirl I wouldn't trade it either (once I get there) and your hair is a big deal I would be among those that would freak out :lachen:

Nonie your hair was in twists and you stretched one to show length,i wish I could remember the thread

LovelyNaps26 now THAT'S what I'm talking about, people in shock and disbelief:lol:
Psing is awesome otherwise I would obsess over my hair and lengthcheck weekly

cheerrette

I have been wearing a bun since June. I got pregnant in October. When I took my bun out this year all I get is wow that pregnancy is really making your hair grow. I guess otherwise it wouldnt have grown in almost a year...:ohwell:

starchgirl

I wear braid & curls most of the time and right now I'm in a set of crochet braids. I'm planning to PS for the balance of the year with a wet set/deep condition/dusting in between sets of braids/twists/weaves.

I straightened my hair in March for a family event and a work conference. I was just hitting BSB with my longest layer. The stylists went bonkers - they were literally playing in my hair - running their fingers through it. Other patrons were staring as my shrunken 2 to 3 inch looking curls as they stretched out. I was really creeped out. :blush:

My family went bananas - touching my hair, weave checking me, oo-ing and aw-ing because all my life I had short bobs or barely shoulder length hair. With them I felt proud and I'd inspired my Aunt to go natural to solve her thinning hair and scalp irritation from relaxers. :yahoo:

I went to the work conference and my boss (who in her defense only sees me once or twice a year because we work in different states but she is an African American woman and there are not too many of us in our department) stared me dead in the face as I waved at her and she walked by - not recognizing me. She apologized when we finally came face to face - I thought that was hilarious!! :hammer:

Angela4769

@PinkPeony,
:lol: I am a slow grower and I don't do anything to try to retain better (Don't moisturize; Don't seal; Don't protective style) so my retention sucks. I will get to those lengths someday, I believe. But not anytime soon. My guess is I'm at BSB now.

What do you mean you don't moisturize and seal? :shocked::dizzy:My eyes are very wide right now and I don't think I've taken a breath since I read that. I'm new to the game, and I just thought that it was against the law to not moisturize!