To all the GREASE users!!!

jjjackie

I know alot of people do not use grease because it containes mineral oil but to those of you who that still do I have a few questions.

What do you use grease for? (seal moisture of ends, scalp, etc.)

What brand/kind of grease do you use?

Do you use grease daily?

Do you find that you have to wash more or clarify more because you use grease?

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I use grease!! I really like Nature's Blessing for my scalp. It has mineral jelly in it which has been rumored to be mineral oil, but it's way at the bottom of the ingredient list. I don't use it daily, though. I haven't noticed clarifying/washing more because of using it.

I love grease on my hair ( I use Asha's sunkissed pomade and Sophia's hair grease) because it satisfies that urge that I get to have shiny,soft hair. Sometimes if I only use an oil on my hair, it still feels/looks dry and dingy.

I heart grease!

Nenah

I use grease it's called Granny Wilkie's old fashiond super gro the ingredients are:

Petrolatum,Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera, Almond Oil, Lecithin Oil, Honey, Lemon Oil, Coconut Oil, Vitamin A, D, E, Sage, Alfalfa, Comfrey, Horsetail, Nettel, Indian Hemp, Rosemary, Yarrow, Peach Walnut, Chamomile, Chaparral and Burdock.

It helps my scalp with the itches. I find that without grease on my scalp it itches early before a wash is needed. I do calrify when I wash. I grease like the jar says every three days.

Last edited:

scorpian

I have a lot of greases that I've used
right now I use sulfur 8 twice a week on my scalp
I clarify my hair a lot so products don't buildup on the strands

jjjackie

jjjackie said:
I know alot of people do not use grease because it containes mineral oil but to those of you who that still do I have a few questions.

Do you use grease daily?

I forgot to answer my own question.

I grease my ends daily to seal in moisture and on wash days I but grease on the lenght of wet hair so it dries soft and easy to comb.

I am currently using TCB hair food but only because someone gave it to me. I hate the way it smells and want to use something else once it is done.

I use to clarify weekly but would like to cut back to biweekly. I wanted to know if their are other using grease who feel the need to clarify often.

angelita842002

I use natures blessing or softee indian hemp. I cowash a couple times a week and shampoo/clarify on the weekends. I apply it to my ends and length on damp hair after i have washed and applied my leave in. It leaves my hair really soft. I only need a little bit. I use it when i cowash and shampoo. So maybe everyother day but I like to alternate with oils.

gimbap

When I first found this board, I gave into the hype and stopped putting grease on my scalp. I never had so much shedding in my life! As soon as I started back greasing, the shedding stopped.

I use Doo Goo Medicated Scalp Revitalizer, I also love Softee Coconut Oil and B&B SuperGro

I only grease after I wash.

I wash 2, maybe 3 times a week, and I clarify maybe biweekly? I don't really keep track

MissFallon

My hair refuses to act right unless I give it some PCJ newgro hairdress every so often. It makes my hair straight and shiny. Been using it since 03 and don't plan on giving it up although it has petroleum.

adw425

I lump pomade, oils and butters into the same category -- grease...I use nature's blessing hair pomade. I use it sometimes on dry hair, but when I wanted to try it to seal my hair, I melted it down and added some hemp seed oil to it. After it re-solidified, it was exactly the consistency that I needed --solid, but softened. Usually after rinsing (I wet my hair daily except Friday -- either washing, CO wash or just rinsing) I use my oil mixture (jojoba, meadowfoam, castor, hemp seed, olive, sunflower, sweet almond, grapeseed, coconut, rice bran). It is a mix of oils that I have bought over the last six months. I cannot seem to keep them separate, so I just add to a big bottle. I seal with either the Nature's Blessing or monoi oil (which is hard, but I added some oil -- fractionated coconut oil and emu oil -- to it as well so that it isn't as hard as it was...in its current state, it has the look and feel of a pomade). My new hair grease is Nubian Heritage's coconut and papaya hair butter, but it has the look and feel of a pomade, not a butter. I love it. I love all my grease...

Ms Lala

I use Hollywood Beauty Castor OIl on my ends and to slick my hair down and I love it. I also use Dabur Amla oil and it has mineral oil but my hair loves that stuff, it makes detangling a breeze.

Anancy

Yep, grease user over here. My hair loves grease, right now im using caster oil but i do like Sulpher 8. I used the indian hemp grease as a child. I'll pretty much use most of them, depending on the ingredients.

BrownSkin2

Yep, grease user here. I had stopped for a while when I heard that petroleum/mineral oil was bad for the scalp, but recently started back using it. I use Mane n' Tail Herbal Grow on the hair and scalp occasionally and it make my hair sooo shiny and soft.

Jay

What do you use grease for? I use it on my scalp when it gets dry.

What brand/kind of grease do you use? Triple Gro Tea Tree Oil grease

Do you use grease daily? I use it about twice a week. Days I don't use it I put WGO on my scalp, or Surge 14

Do you find that you have to wash more or clarify more because you use grease? No, it's very light

asubeauty

I like Doo Gro Scalp Vitalizer for my scalp, but I stopped using it when I joined LHCF because it had petroleum. I didn't see any adverse effects, tho.

I also like Optimum Oil Therapy Hair and Scalp Quencher. It doesn't have mineral oil or petroleum, and it smells really good. The only thing about it is that it kind of "melts," so I keep having to buy more before I use half the jar.

buttaflye03

Right now I'm using Nature's Blessings. I like the ingredients and it smells good. I use Sulfur 8 on my dd which I was thinking to use on myself, but now I have my Boundless Tresses so I don't want sulfur overkill.

wadadligyal

I use Allways Castor Oil grease once or twice a week on my scalp and on my ends to seal moisture. I wash once a week on friday then I grease my scalp while my hair is still wet then seal my ends with it then airdry and baggie. Sometimes during the week I may grease my scalp again. My hair loves grease I haven't had any adverse effects from using it.
One time for all the grease lovers!!!!!:D

LovelyLionessa

Grease has revolutionized my haircare regimen, it works wonders on my ends. I use it on top of a moisturizer or a misting of distilled water. My faves are: :D

Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Treatment
Nature's Blessing
Kids Organics Gro Strong

zailless

I use dr miracles. it stops the itching. i dont mind that it has mineral oil. my scalp needs the barrier. whenever i go without oiling my scalp it get unbearably dry. with this grease, it moisturizes my scalp.

mango387

MissFallon said:
My hair refuses to act right unless I give it some PCJ newgro hairdress every so often. It makes my hair straight and shiny. Been using it since 03 and don't plan on giving it up although it has petroleum.

Hey, I thought I was the only one who used this:lol:. This one was nice when I was natural and it is still good.

jtsupanova

My hair loves grease but I always stop using it because of the pertoleum/mineral oil
Im going to start using it again!
Do you all moisturize daily when using grease????

jjjackie

jtsupanova said:
My hair loves grease but I always stop using it because of the pertoleum/mineral oil
Im going to start using it again!
Do you all moisturize daily when using grease????

Yes, I moisturize daily and use the grease to seal the ends before putting my hair in a bun. It keeps my ends moist all day.

Sosoothing

For rollersetting

Blue Magic Conditioning coconut oil

Do you use grease daily?
Only when rollersetting which is about once every 1 or 2 weeks.

No

HoneyDew

Grease lover here.

I can't put it all over my scalp because it gives me the itchies. But after 3-4 weeks post touchup, in the nape area where I tend to have the most unmanageable new growth, I put back it there to help me tame tangles.

I LOVE Nature's Blessings. It really puts that area in its place! I put it on my scalp and roots back there 2-3 times a week when I have lots of NG.

Lissa0821

I like to use Indian Hemp wih my braid-outs, I just cornrowed my hair wet and apply it to my scalp in between the rows of braids.