What's hair grease/oil do you use??

henrilou

What\'s hair grease/oil do you use??

I am panicking. My favorite hair grease/oil is not sold anymore (Konaa moisture for hair with lanolin.)I am NOT a big fan of petroleum so I don't use the Blue Magic etc.. that I was raised on... I bought Carols Daughter, but it's not thick enough for my nappy hair. What do you all use???

hondahoney007

Re: What\'s hair grease/oil do you use??

I use Mizani Rose H20 hairdress and I use Doo Gro stimulating growth oil

AMBERSKYE

I just started using Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil (temple area)
I use Clairol's Vitapointe, Razac's Perfect
For Perms Finishing Creme, & Elasta QP Mango Butter (ends)

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Nature's Blessings Hair Pomade and Earthly Delight Hair Growth Stimulator Pomade are nice. The ED was a gift and I got the NB from the Black Expo. But I've seen them both online. The ED is at willner.com. Both are fairly light. They are basically coconut oil, olive oil and bunch of herbs. NB is a little heavier--it has mineral jelly as a stabilizer. The ED melts immediately. I've been using it as re-shampoo treatment.

TinyT

I use the natures blessing too. I like it because it isn't to greasy, but gives my hair a nice sheen.

Tracy

sweetdaises2000

Castor Oil, Africa's Best Jojoba and Clove Oil, Sulfur 8, Softee's Indian Hemp Treatment....

MissB

Keracare Essential Oils for the Hair
Keracare High Sheen Glossifier
Mizani Rose H20

keiron

i use olive oil on scalp and africa`s best tea tree/shea butter moisurizer and its sooooooooo good.

Karonica

TCB Hair Food or their regular Hair & Scalp Conditioner is really good for people with scalp issues, like myself. The scalp problem is what stopped me from using Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil so much. I also grease my scalp with Profectiv products like the Root Health, Mega-Growth or the Break-Free.

SherryLove

olive and castor oils and shea butter should be good for you .....

beana3

WGO, nature's blessings pomade (light mineral jelly is one of the last ingredients on this impressive list
)

A grease with petroleum in it that i like is Murrays Carrot oil... i feel like it soothes my scalp

Country gal

How is the Keracare essential oils? I have used their conditoner and love it. Wanted to know about their oil. I use IC Tea Tree Hair and Scalp treatment. I use Barry flecther oil for my hair or Jojoba oil. I use to grease my scalp with jojoba, rosemary and castor oil but I ran out of jojoba oil.

Paris Belle

[ QUOTE ]
WGO, nature's blessings pomade (light mineral jelly is one of the last ingredients on this impressive list
)

A grease with petroleum in it that i like is Murrays Carrot oil... i feel like it soothes my scalp

[/ QUOTE ]

I also use the Murrays Carrot oil and it does wonders for my scalp.

honeycomb719

I use ALLWAYS natural (superlite) Idian Hemp. It's a blend of Oils, w/ some petrolatum in it. I take the good w/ the bad though, cause it has a lot of goodies in it too:).
I only use when my scalp feels really dry though.

sithembile

One question, I've heard many people say that we don't need to oil our scalps because they produce their own oils and they also get moisture from conditioners, so do you think we need to oil it? I have an itchy scalp and I find that the more oils I add, the worse it gets. I've started just washing it with keracare dry itchy scalp and it gets better. I'm thinking of using jojoba oil, but I'm afraid of aggravating my scalp. The only oil I use is Keracare essential oils on my hair, evoo for hot oil treatments. What do you think?

lunalight7

Here are the ingredients for Keracare Essential Oils:

sunflower seed oil, peanut oil, castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, sesame oil, aloe vera oil, almond oil, olive oil, perfume, proplparaben, BHA.

HTH !!!

pressncurl

[ QUOTE ]
I am panicking. My favorite hair grease/oil is not sold anymore (Konaa moisture for hair with lanolin.)I am NOT a big fan of petroleum so I don't use the Blue Magic etc.. that I was raised on... I bought Carols Daughter, but it's not thick enough for my nappy hair. What do you all use???

[/ QUOTE ]

Henrilou, do you still have a container from the Konaa oil? Maybe you could look at the ingredients and try making a similar version on your own.

MissNatural

Currently, I'm wearing medium/large sized box braids. About every three nights I rinse and condition my hair. I use some form of water based moisturizer or oil before I go to bed and in the mornings. What do you think? Any helpful hints?
Thanks

henrilou

pressncurl---that's a good idea. But. There's a reason Konaa is out of business, they didn't give an accurate ingredient list, there were some shady aspects of this company, but they made a great oil. The thing I do now that the base was shea, lanolin and castor oils, with the mix of bergamot, carrot, emu. Would I make it myself? I can't even make my own coffee....

Karonica

I just tried LeKair Castor Oil last night. Greasy, but my scalp isn't itching. Very good sign.